SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

On 12/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, UNDBIZ said:

6'2" 190# safety out of Colorado. Currently committed to South Dakota.

Can someone clarify why a school offers to a kid who has already "committed"? I know UND has other schools working on our committed students. What is the purpose of a student committing if they continue to be recruited by other schools? 

11 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Can someone clarify why a school offers to a kid who has already "committed"? I know UND has other schools working on our committed students. What is the purpose of a student committing if they continue to be recruited by other schools? 

Maybe they get a "better" offer and change their mind. Maybe the school they're committed to decides to pull the offer late in the process. Recruiting is a messy game. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Maybe they get a "better" offer and change their mind. Maybe the school they're committed to decides to pull the offer late in the process. Recruiting is a messy game. 

I see the Yotes list him as a safety.  Does UND want him as a RB?  That could be the reason.

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Verbal or signed national letter of intent?

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

St Cloud St player offered

6-1 225 lbs ILB, sophmore. 72 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 INT for the 2019 season. All NCIC second team All Conference. Their best defensive player it looks like.

Other huskies to keep an eye on

Robert Kraklow, Junior,  6-3, 304lbs OL, All NCIC second team

Graham Miller, Senior, 6-3, 225 lbs,  ILB, All NCIC First team

Anthony Carver, senior, 6-4, 233 lbs TE, All NCIC first team

Johan Solberg, senior, 6-2, 192 lbs, WR, All NCIC second team

Huskies went 4-7 in 2019

2 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

6-1 225 lbs ILB, sophmore. 72 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 INT for the 2019 season. All NCIC second team All Conference. Their best defensive player it looks like.

Huskies went 4-7 in 2019

I was looking at their DL hoping there would be a 300 lb stud just sitting there for us to poach. Joe Carpenter was second team all NSIC as a nose - 6’ 295. That intrigues me.

Interesting to note, Kraklow was at Northern Illinois before St Cloud St.

27 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Huskies went 4-7 in 2019

Guys without any eligibility remaining won't be much use ;):whistling:

Edit: Kraklow was a freshman at NIU in 2015, so he's out of eligibility too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

I suppose D2 is a little different with eligibility so that would be how he’s listed as a junior.

I guess I wasn't aware they had different rules and just assumed SCSU website was wrong.  He redshirted at NIU in 2015, was a freshman who didn't see any game action at NIU in 2016, and then he played at SCSU in 2017, 2018, and 2019.  So he's out of eligibility now, correct?

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Yeah, he has been talked about quite a bit on here. Hopefully his game transitions well.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I guess I wasn't aware they had different rules and just assumed SCSU website was wrong.  He redshirted at NIU in 2015, was a freshman who didn't see any game action at NIU in 2016, and then he played at SCSU in 2017, 2018, and 2019.  So he's out of eligibility now, correct?

I’m not as familiar with the D2 eligibility but it’s different. D1 has the 5 year clock.

Really happy to see Quincy Vaughn is taking a visit this weekend. QB currently committed to Old Dominion. Nice size at 6' 4" and 230. Add that to Schuster and Reid Neal and I think you have a pretty nice young base, still need a transfer/drop down though.

https://undfootball360.com/news/hawks-set-for-big-recruiting-weekend/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Really happy to see Quincy Vaughn is taking a visit this weekend. QB currently committed to Old Dominion. Nice size at 6' 4" and 230. Add that to Schuster and Reid Neal and I think you have a pretty nice young base, still need a transfer/drop down though.

I hadn't heard about Old Dominion's staff turnover, so that could certainly play in our favor!

Jagger Ferden (OL) a former WIU commit and SCSU's Krzanowski will also visit.

13 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Mitchell calls himself, Wright and Vaughn a deadly trio.

Would be awesome! 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm very excited about the possibility of this. This would be huge. 

• Like 1