SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

Max Gunderson visited weekend of CalDavis game. Led Detroit Lakes to 48-27 win over defending Section 8AAAA champs Willmar.  He was 5-8 with TD passes of 42 and 30 for 127yds no interceptions.  Also 13 caries for 93 yds and a 47yd TD Run. He also had two first half interceptions.  6’4” 210lbs. QB/Safety. SDak State has had him in and still interested. He is still growing. Possible QB but could be TE or LB.  Outstanding athlete. Great leader. UND needs to get this kid. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Max Gunderson visited weekend of CalDavis game. Led Detroit Lakes to 48-27 win over defending Section 8AAAA champs Willmar.  He was 5-8 with TD passes of 42 and 30 for 127yds no interceptions.  Also 13 caries for 93 yds and a 47yd TD Run. He also had two first half interceptions.  6’4” 210lbs. QB/Safety. SDak State has had him in and still interested. He is still growing. Possible QB but could be TE or LB.  Outstanding athlete. Great leader. UND needs to get this kid. 

Have we offers and are we hard after him?

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Have we offers and are we hard after him?

I think lukewarm interest and they haven’t offered. SDSU maybe PWO.  D2 offers.  DL hasn’t had to pass because we had Isaiah Thompson who has run for over 3000 yds in less than 3 years.   DL also has a 240 lb FB, 215RB with decent speed and a 205 Lb RB/WR so they haven’t had to pass. He has been very good, he can run, play defense and can throw deep but I don’t think he has thrown 10 times in a game more than once. With Thompson out for season, and a very tough Rocori team in Section final this week he is our key player moving forward. UND wants more film on him cuz he had a broken wrist and couldn’t get to their FB camp last summer. (I’m pretty sure that’s more than you wanted to know but may explain caution from UND and SDSU). 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I think lukewarm interest and they haven’t offered. SDSU maybe PWO.  D2 offers.  DL hasn’t had to pass because we had Isaiah Thompson who has run for over 3000 yds in less than 3 years.   DL also has a 240 lb FB, 215RB with decent speed and a 205 Lb RB/WR so they haven’t had to pass. He has been very good, he can run, play defense and can throw deep but I don’t think he has thrown 10 times in a game more than once. With Thompson out for season, and a very tough Rocori team in Section final this week he is our key player moving forward. UND wants more film on him cuz he had a broken wrist and couldn’t get to their FB camp last summer. (I’m pretty sure that’s more than you wanted to know but may explain caution from UND and SDSU). 

Thanks.  DL kids have been great for us in the past.  I hope it works out.

48 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We need some DL recruits! Who are our prospects??? We need to recruit some size!

I saw a kid like a UND football post on Instagram who commented that UND is his dream school. Looked to have some size, not sure if he has D1 talent.

Craig Orlando is our only DL commit right now. He looks like an absolute dog. We brought in a ton of DL last year so we probably won’t bring in too many this year. I’d like a big ol nose added to this class though. 

38 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I don't live in ND so this may be common knowledge up there but apparently Paul Sather, the new BB coach, has a son playing at Red River who is 6'3", 295.  He is a junior.  Anyone know if he has DI potential?

Sounded like he placed in the SD track meet throwing events.  Not sure on fb, but has his own HUDL page geared toward fb.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

I don't live in ND so this may be common knowledge up there but apparently Paul Sather, the new BB coach, has a son playing at Red River who is 6'3", 295.  He is a junior.  Anyone know if he has DI potential?

He is good, dominated the line on both offense and defense.  Was injured and didn’t play the last half of the season, ACL??

very good thrower as well

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

Sorry I put my comment after the wrong post. He does have D1 potential.