Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FlinFlan80

WR and OL Coaches

Recommended Posts

On January 6, 2019 at 8:41 PM, shep said:

UND 360 guys say it's gonna be Pawlak

 

Is this official yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Wonder what's holding it up?

Probably vetting his list of preferred stimulants that he feeds to players!!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Probably vetting his list of preferred stimulants that he feeds to players!!

Damn NDSU sob's ...

Hate 'em even more now (didn't think it was possible) ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dustin said:

This is seen as a good thing, right?

Correct, in my opinion of the talked about candidates he was the best choice. In my limited knowledge. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Damn NDSU sob's ...

Hate 'em even more now (didn't think it was possible) ...

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good recruiting area in  Chicagoland and Wisconsin...he should be familiar with that area...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Damn NDSU sob's ...

Hate 'em even more now (didn't think it was possible) ...

Guessing you were referring to this?  The guy was making 350K at Rutgers.  Have to assume he was either asked to leave, or expects their head coach to be fired?  They didn't score more than 20 points in a single game this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will obviously tell, but this looks like a great hire.  Wants to lead the nation in physicality and stress fundamentals; I like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Guessing you were referring to this?  The guy was making 350K at Rutgers.  Have to assume he was either asked to leave, or expects their head coach to be fired?  They didn't score more than 20 points in a single game this year.

Making 350k at an FBS gig and going to FCS position coach at perhaps 70k , weird ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Making 350k at an FBS gig and going to FCS position coach at perhaps 70k , weird ...

He moonlights in supplement sales, will probably cover the salary gap in the locker room alone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dustin said:

This is seen as a good thing, right?

I think so. Seems like a good example of a young coach on an upward trajectory. Head coach at Iowa speaks highly of him so that's a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

" ... schemes are important but fundamentals are more important." 

What a concept. 

Allow me a minor rant ... 

Fundamentals. What a crazy concept. You mean like being able to lay down a bunt, or shooting 90+% free throws, or wrapping up on a tackle, or being able to go top corner backhand from ten feet out. Such crazy talk. ;) 

Or, in the case of offense linemen, form, stance, and technique, ... and raw strength. 

Best scheme in the world is worthless if you can't execute it and execution is a fundamental skill. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me a minor rant ... 

Fundamentals. What a crazy concept. You mean like being able to lay down a bunt, or shooting 90+% free throws, or wrapping up on a tackle, or being able to go top corner backhand from ten feet out. Such crazy talk. ;) 

Or, in the case of offense linemen, form, stance, and technique, ... and raw strength. 

Best scheme in the world is worthless if you can't execute it and execution is a fundamental skill. 

On the flip side I think in the past years our scheme/playcalling didn’t help our OL.  Best technique can’t help when play calling is predictable.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, homer said:

On the flip side I think in the past years our scheme/playcalling didn’t help our OL.  Best technique can’t help when play calling is predictable.  

May I respectfully disagree? 

1983 Washington Redskins: The Hogs and Riggo. You knew counter-gap was coming; they still ran over everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

May I respectfully disagree? 

1983 Washington Redskins: The Hogs and Riggo. You knew counter-gap was coming; they still ran over everyone. 

On the flip side it didn’t work so well the following year against the Raiders but you do have a good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Are we still looking for those positions?

Mama Sue it looks like another troll and lost soul from moo u.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...