SiouxSports.com Forum

WR and OL Coaches

FlinFlan80

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Damn NDSU sob's ...

Hate 'em even more now (didn't think it was possible) ...

Guessing you were referring to this?  The guy was making 350K at Rutgers.  Have to assume he was either asked to leave, or expects their head coach to be fired?  They didn't score more than 20 points in a single game this year.

23 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Guessing you were referring to this?  The guy was making 350K at Rutgers.  Have to assume he was either asked to leave, or expects their head coach to be fired?  They didn't score more than 20 points in a single game this year.

Making 350k at an FBS gig and going to FCS position coach at perhaps 70k , weird ...

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

" ... schemes are important but fundamentals are more important." 

What a concept. 

Allow me a minor rant ... 

Fundamentals. What a crazy concept. You mean like being able to lay down a bunt, or shooting 90+% free throws, or wrapping up on a tackle, or being able to go top corner backhand from ten feet out. Such crazy talk. ;) 

Or, in the case of offense linemen, form, stance, and technique, ... and raw strength. 

Best scheme in the world is worthless if you can't execute it and execution is a fundamental skill. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me a minor rant ... 

Fundamentals. What a crazy concept. You mean like being able to lay down a bunt, or shooting 90+% free throws, or wrapping up on a tackle, or being able to go top corner backhand from ten feet out. Such crazy talk. ;) 

Or, in the case of offense linemen, form, stance, and technique, ... and raw strength. 

Best scheme in the world is worthless if you can't execute it and execution is a fundamental skill. 

On the flip side I think in the past years our scheme/playcalling didn’t help our OL.  Best technique can’t help when play calling is predictable.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, homer said:

On the flip side I think in the past years our scheme/playcalling didn’t help our OL.  Best technique can’t help when play calling is predictable.  

May I respectfully disagree? 

1983 Washington Redskins: The Hogs and Riggo. You knew counter-gap was coming; they still ran over everyone. 

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

May I respectfully disagree? 

1983 Washington Redskins: The Hogs and Riggo. You knew counter-gap was coming; they still ran over everyone. 

On the flip side it didn’t work so well the following year against the Raiders but you do have a good point. 

• 5 months later...