SiouxSports.com Forum

WR and OL Coaches

FlinFlan80

On 12/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, UNDColorado said:

I know nothing! So little in fact that i posted this on the wrong thread lol.

I was just curious if it was official. I suppose we will find out tomorrow.

He was announced yesterday, so I would assume yes.

4 hours ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Is this process taking longer than it should or is it just me?

It makes zero difference if he gets to UND tomorrow, in two weeks, or in a month. It doesn’t impact recruiting, and they can’t yet coach by NCAA rules, so it’s to Danny’s advantage to take his time and get a guy he feels comfortable with. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, UNDColorado said:

I know nothing! So little in fact that i posted this on the wrong thread lol.

I was just curious if it was official. I suppose we will find out tomorrow.

I would think so, and Miller hasn’t tweeted out that the guy has de-commitmented. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I would think so, and Miller hasn’t tweeted out that the guy has de-commitmented. 

He signed. The original question was asked before signing day.

Anyways, for the WR coach I have to imagine it will be King. Seems King and Freund had a pretty good relationship when he was previously here. 

11 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

He signed. The original question was asked before signing day.

Anyways, for the WR coach I have to imagine it will be King. Seems King and Freund had a pretty good relationship when he was previously here. 

This is good news. I think you're right, it's not unheard of to want to work with someone that a person is comfortable. I think UND has the possibility to be good next season. 

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Was King at UND the year we did all the back shoulder throws? It'd be nice to see that again. 

Yes, in 2016. 

King was RB coach at MN-Duluth from 2017 - 2018. Will move over to WR coach at UND. He played QB in high school and in college (Bemidji State). 

Ultimately, Freund will be the one to decide which direction this offense heads. I can say with much confidence that the UND offense in 2019 will be much more explosive than it had been under Rudolph (more tempo, more deep shots, more misdirection, etc.).  Of course, it couldn't get much less explosive. 

21 hours ago, UND1983 said:

They put out a release?

Tom Miller @tommillergf
FollowingFollowing @tommillergf
MoUND hasn't officially announced new WR coach position but rumored hire Sam King is at the Betty in Hawk gear. The GF native impressed the staff during his time as a GA, was with Duluth last season.
10:57 AM - 29 Dec 2018
  • Upvote 1