FlinFlan80

44 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Where is he coaching?

http://www.pcsaints.com/article/1944.php  

Presentation College in Aberdeen SD

Article is old and he is now WR coach

Travis Lueck

@Coach_Lueck

WRs Coach @PCSaintFootball former WR/Ret. for @UNDfootball & proud @UND_Alumni Hopefully having a positive impact on someone...

Aberdeen, SD

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Any news on who's applied, being these hires are being advertised to the outside of the U? We need to nail down these coaches as more vacancies are showing up in FCS.

I hope the Herald reports who is hired when they are hired. The more publicity the applicants get the harder it is to get future applicants. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I hope the Herald reports who is hired when they are hired. The more publicity the applicants get the harder it is to get future applicants. 

I agree.

The Herald shouldn't touch this story until the positions are officially filled. The media focus should be on who Bubba and Freund actually choose to hire, not merely those considered (i.e., the entire applicant pool). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

per undfootball360 guys.

December 13th

• The window for hiring an OL and WR coach should be closing tomorrow.  We believe it needs to be advertised for 10 days.
  • We also noticed they have an opening listed for a linebacker/video coordinator position.

Carl Reinholz must not be coming back.

I would think the OL and WR should be filled early next week.  Just my guess.

19 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

per undfootball360 guys.

December 13th

• The window for hiring an OL and WR coach should be closing tomorrow.  We believe it needs to be advertised for 10 days.
  • We also noticed they have an opening listed for a linebacker/video coordinator position.

Would they be moving Carl to WR coach? That was the position he played. 

58 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm guessing that Linebacker/Video position is finally being made a full time position (it never has been) and now it is so it is a formality to make the job public, so my assumption would be Carl stays put. 

Did their coaching budget expand or did they readjust existing salaries to fit their budget and add a paid position? 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s not ready for this level.

Some would argue that about Kostich currently and most would argue that when he came here. I don’t know the guy or anything about his coaching ability. What level of coach do you get paying $40,000?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

per undfootball360 guys.

December 13th

update from 360 guys.

We also noticed they have an opening listed for a linebacker/video coordinator position.  That position would need to be posted until December 15th.  Update: told that the position is being classified as full-time now so Carl Reinholz will be staying at that position but will now be full-time.

20 hours ago, Kab said:

Hopefully we pay better than the minimum

dont know how you support a family on these wages

There’s no question that UND coaching salaries - along with HPC phase II - remain the biggest issues facing UND football. 

The salaries (if you then correlate the caliber of coaches with that) are just not where they need to be relative to our expectations on here. The current state of the program is fine for a perennial 6-5 team though. A lot riding on the cost-saving promotion of Freund to OC. I obviously hope it works out big time and he turns out to be a great OC.

3 minutes ago, zonadub said:

December 13th has come and gone. How long until an announcement?

Their original plan was to have someone in place by Christmas, so they are still on schedule. It's possible the the new OL coach will have additional responsibilities.