SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I need a little UND football talk today.  I haven’t heard any discouraging comments lately. New year with high hopes.

9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I also would appreciate some football news and discussion. That makes two of us that haven’t hear any bad vibes about players leaving or new injuries. Seems like we got a couple players back with positive rulings from the ncaa.

I too am pumped for the coming year! Hopefully we can get all our players to optimum weights.

Did you respond to yourself?

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Did you respond to yourself?

Haha I was going back and forth thinking I was going crazy. Sure looks like he did. Forgot to switch accounts I guess. 

EDIT: Now everyone gets to have fun trying to figure out what the account is lol

This is where it takes the university and local business to promote the hell out of the game and get some tickets out there so people will come to the game.

most high schools don’t have Saturday football games so get them some tickets

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Woof homegame on Labor Day Saturday. Might be a ghost town. Atleast coulda had this at noon so give lake crew a chance to get to lake on Saturday 

Forget trying to get him to be positive. No way the #gobc should allow !@#$ like this to happen! 

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

FB_Sked_release_19.jpg?width=1920&quality=80&format=jpg

Perhaps UND doesn't have that much control over the schedule but jeez two games in November and only one in September?  Also UND should not be charging us for tailgating spots in November, at least not for November 23. Highly unlikely those days will be good for tailgating. Yes there will be hardcore tailgaters but the reality is 90% won't be tailgating. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Perhaps UND doesn't have that much control over the schedule but jeez two games in November and only one in September?  Also UND should not be charging us for tailgating spots in November, at least not for November 23. Highly unlikely those days will be good for tailgating. Yes there will be hardcore tailgaters but the reality is 90% won't be tailgating. 

I don't have a tailgate pass, but isn't it for the season? Or is it per game?

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

My thoughts is the season pass should not charge for November 23.

I'd rather see the price per spot drop more than anything else.  Reserved spots at the Alerus are 2 1/2 times the cost 75 miles south.  It seems as though one facility is using tailgating as a way to make money, where the other is using it to build up gameday.  Normal parking spots are $5...what makes a tailgating spot 10x the cost of a normal parking space?  Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

My thoughts is the season pass should not charge for November 23.

There's 6 home games instead of 5 this year and I doubt they are raising the price. Worst case, you can still park in your tailgating spot and go inside to the Champions Club tablegate at Playmakers for the last game. The November 17 game last season was probably one of most fun tailgates our group had, snow and all. I'd love to see some tailgating in December this year and happily pay for the chance to do so.

1 hour ago, MadScout03 said:

I'd rather see the price per spot drop more than anything else.  Reserved spots at the Alerus are 2 1/2 times the cost 75 miles south.  It seems as though one facility is using tailgating as a way to make money, where the other is using it to build up gameday.  Normal parking spots are $5...what makes a tailgating spot 10x the cost of a normal parking space?  Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.  

I think your math is off on some of this.

Reserved/season spots are $20/spot/game in Fargo. These spots are also determined on a priority point basis, so unless you're a big money donor, you aren't getting a spot.
Single game spots are $5/spot in Fargo, if you can get them, which for most games requires staying overnight on the street in your vehicle.

For UND the price has been $50/spot for the whole season for reserved/season, regardless on how many games there has been (between 5-7). Call it $10/game since 5 has been the norm. This is a first come/first serve basis, at this point in time, anyone can get an open spot regardless of how much they donate assuming there are some available.
Single game spots are $15/spot, so a $5 markup/spot/game if you don't want to commit to a whole season.
I can't remember the price, but I believe non-tailgate parking is $5/vehicle.

The price to tailgate is cheap. The only group that could even remotely be frustrated with it is those who only want to tailgate for a couple games year and feel like they are being overcharged, but the price/spot is only $5 than what a season pass costs, no different than how tickets work (season tickets cheaper/game than single game tickets). I have a bigger issue with people who have season passes and either don't use them or show up 1 an hour or so before the game and drive through lot to use their spot as a parking spot. They should have a set time when vehicles are no longer permitted to drive in the reserved spot area.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

NDSU tailgate spot on gameday with way too much demand: $5.

UND tailgate spot on gameday with far less demand: $15.

My guess is that somewhere around zero people saw the price of $15 and said, "Nah. Nevermind."

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

My guess is that somewhere around zero people saw the price of $15 and said, "Nah. Nevermind."

I know people that don't go cause of the price.

Price is one of the biggest deterrents for why people don't do things.