SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

5 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

$15 ticket promo for Saturday's game. Job well done to the UND Athletic Department 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/10/22/football-15-ticket-promo-for-this-saturdays-ranked-teams-showdown.aspx

"This promotion runs all the way up until kickoff and is only for remaining tickets in sections 201, 209, 210 and 218."

This $15 seat price is only for the 4 corner sections and they should always be discounted, till maybe the Hawks' Nest consistently sell outs. The view in these seats is not as good as the other sections.

48 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"This promotion runs all the way up until kickoff and is only for remaining tickets in sections 201, 209, 210 and 218."

This $15 seat price is only for the 4 corner sections and they should always be discounted, till maybe the Hawks' Nest consistently sell outs. The view in these seats is not as good as the other sections.

This might be a test to have discounted corners going forward. 

10 hours ago, Wildfan said:

This might be a test to have discounted corners going forward. 

Absolutely what they should be doing.  Encouraging more people to get in the building needs to be the key.  Make new fans of people and have them be a part of the whole game day experience from the tailgating to the game is much better than watching it on TV.  

14 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I'm calling on all Air Force vets to buy tickets for some Airmen or Airwomen.  As a former Airmen I tink this is a great way to give back to vets and help the program at the same time.  I'm working on buying 10 tickets to be given to some vets and families.  Let's fill'er up

Awesome, do you know if anyone has been out to GFAB to give away tickets? 

17 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Awesome, do you know if anyone has been out to GFAB to give away tickets? 

I don't have any contacts with the AF so asked the Athletic dept to help.  I will just pay for the tickets and leave them for will call.   I would say check with the Champions Club or Kyle Doperalski Associate AD.

UND's average attendance:

2018: 10,179 ( down 283 from last year, only played 3 home games)

2017: 10,462 (highest average attendance ever)

2016: 9944 (playoff team, and conference co-champ)

2008: 10,167 (only other 10k plus attendance in DI era)

2001: 10,124 (only 10k plus average in DII and that includes 13,500 against NDSU)

34 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

UND's average attendance:

2018: 10,179 ( down 283 from last year, only played 3 home games)

2017: 10,462 (highest average attendance ever)

2016: 9944 (playoff team, and conference co-champ)

2008: 10,167 (only other 10k plus attendance in DI era)

2001: 10,124 (only 10k plus average in DII and that includes 13,500 against NDSU)

Having Homecoming and Potato Bowl on the same weekend is going to hurt our average attendance this year.  Those always seem to be the two most attended games.  I can't remember what the attendance was for the Montana game, but I remember some people being a little disappointed in the turnout.  If that was Homecoming weekend instead it would have been a bigger crowd.  If we are at 10,179 for this year, we will likely end the year under 10k as we know it drops some the second half, and the Vegas game this weekend won't help.   Hoping the crowd will be loud this Saturday though for Weber!

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

Having Homecoming and Potato Bowl on the same weekend is going to hurt our average attendance this year.  Those always seem to be the two most attended games.  I can't remember what the attendance was for the Montana game, but I remember some people being a little disappointed in the turnout.  If that was Homecoming weekend instead it would have been a bigger crowd.  If we are at 10,179 for this year, we will likely end the year under 10k as we know it drops some the second half, and the Vegas game this weekend won't help.   Hoping the crowd will be loud this Saturday though for Weber!

1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

I was having a good start to my day and then you triggered me with this!! My most hated people on the planet list goes like this..

1. The "I'm a UND hockey fan           and a Bison football fan" guy.

2. ISIS

3. People who use the phrase        "at the end of the day"

I can't wait for the Bison FB jersey in Vegas, but at the end of the day $ is still green I guess.

• Upvote 3