SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

16 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why?

Shouldn't all fans be expected to step it up this weekend?  I don't get the over the top expectations of students compared to other adults attending the game.  At the end of the day, aren't all fans responsible for creating a great atmosphere?

Yes, they all should for sure! But they didn’t show up to the Montana game compared to everyone else. And with many out of town, und is going to need their help on defense more than usual  this weekend 

• Upvote 2

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:54 AM, Tangolou said:

I was having a good start to my day and then you triggered me with this!! My most hated people on the planet list goes like this..

1. The "I'm a UND hockey fan           and a Bison football fan" guy.

2. ISIS

3. People who use the phrase        "at the end of the day"

There is a special place in hell for people who use the phrase "hindsight is 20/20" as well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

There is a special place in hell for people who use the phrase "hindsight is 20/20" as well.

I hate the whole "It is, but it isn't" which is also like "Yes and no," as an answer to a question.

CAN NOT BE BOTH!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, southpaw said:

Why?

Shouldn't all fans be expected to step it up this weekend?  I don't get the over the top expectations of students compared to other adults attending the game.  At the end of the day, aren't all fans responsible for creating a great atmosphere?

Easy to say and I know I still look like a student from the '80s but I think the baton needs to be passed when it comes to expectations of being roudy and loud, my days in the snake pit are behind me. I still cheer loud but it's just not the same coming from a greybeard.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Easy to say and I know I still look like a student from the '80s but I think the baton needs to be passed when it comes to expectations of being roudy and loud, my days in the snake pit are behind me. I still cheer loud but it's just not the same coming from a greybeard.

Non football question.

Where you also at basketball games in the late 70s early 80s in the snake pit behind the opposing bench? I was though never in a fraternity. Very fun times and memories.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Non football question.

Where you also at basketball games in the late 70s early 80s in the snake pit behind the opposing bench? I was though never in a fraternity. Very fun times and memories.

Yes I was - there was one coach who moved his players out onto the court during time outs because we were so rowdy behind him. Now the ushers in the oversized sport coats would try and haul you out if you tried that (plus I think those seats are reserved now). 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Although the attendance was low, was the atmosphere bad too or did the fans there make a little noise at least 

Watching online.....it seemed like they made some noise on 3rd down....and was louder than the Montana game.  We got such a big lead early in Montana game though....I don't think the crowd ever fully got into it because we were up big.

21 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Although the attendance was low, was the atmosphere bad too or did the fans there make a little noise at least 

I was there and I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. I think UND does a great job with many aspects of what makes for a fun time. This includes tailgating, the band, cheer teams, National anthem singers, half time. Heck the folks in the parking lot and concessions are nice.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:13 AM, gundy1124 said:

I can't wait for the Bison FB jersey in Vegas, but at the end of the day $ is still green I guess.

Didn't see a bison fb jersey but did see:

- Gopher hat and bison 1/4 zip on one guy.  doesn't get much worse than that for me.

- two guys around 60 years old strutting around the pregame party in yellow bison NC t-shirts trying to stir things up and giving the horns sign .  Heard a guy later say that he got into it with them.  I guess they tried to tell him he needs to support NDSU fb , maybe because he lives in the Fargo area.  He told them what they could do with that idea and they didn't like it much.

22 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Tailgating was quality over quantity ;). game noise was good, student tailgating was empty, was really fun to meet all the new players on MBB team in the Champions Club tent. . 

42 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

- Gopher hat and bison 1/4 zip on one guy.  doesn't get much worse than that for me.

- two guys around 60 years old strutting around the pregame party in yellow bison NC t-shirts trying to stir things up and giving the horns sign .  Heard a guy later say that he got into it with them.  I guess they tried to tell him he needs to support NDSU fb , maybe because he lives in the Fargo area.  He told them what they could do with that idea and they didn't like it much.

Gotta love the classy bisons. A high level of maturity with that bunch.

i suppose all teams’ supporters have a few jerks but bisons have a lot - not all of them but way more than their fair share.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t you just live to heckle someone.... really get down and dirty when no one knows who you are??? I could get paid to do some of this political protesting I see on FB.....I mean most women know how to be relentless B$&@/es....we just hold back

most days I remember the tongue is the muscle in the body that sins the most so I say nothing.... but it is hard...on a good day, I can even offer advice or support

Could troll opponents forums too I guess...

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Way too tired and hung over to give too much analysis, but I think folks would be surprised how many SU football fans support UND hockey.  They were all over the place-

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Way too tired and hung over to give too much analysis, but I think folks would be surprised how many SU football fans support UND hockey.  They were all over the place-

I'm sure there were more at the game.  There were just the two that were looking for attention just because they were SU football fans and wanted to rub peoples noses in it.

It was in poor taste in that situation.  It wasn't their party.  

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

NOV 3 (SAT) 4 P.M. Central Time  Kibbie-ASUI Activity Center

U of Idaho Vandalls     Moscow, Idaho

The Kibbie Dome has been the home of Vandal athletics since 1975

RealGrass Pro (2007– present). 16,000 seats.  Elevation of 2,610 feet above sea level.

Image result for idaho vandals football stadium

Image result for idaho vandals football stadium

Related image

I will be there.  Heading out on Friday!

• Upvote 4