SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. uno GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

LOL at anyone who doesn't know this board is going to be upset after every loss no matter what the record or who the coach is.

Very true...but this has been one heck of a tailspin. Earlier in the year I actually liked what I saw.  Sure guys like mismash and kawaguchi were gettting roasted on this forum, but they we winning some tough battles.  At this point in the season, they’re getting knocked out with left jabs.

26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Same tailspin we saw last year at this time when UND went 2-5.

Well we’ve won one game in the past 8. Our pk has turned to nothing and not one player on our team is sniffing a point per game pace. I’m more concerned this year than last.  

• Upvote 2

Haven't seen bigskyvikes here lately willing to take West Regional tickets off everyone's hands. Odds are looking like he might get a few PM within the next couple weeks to follow through on those potential transactions. 

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Haven't seen bigskyvikes here lately willing to take West Regional tickets off everyone's hands. Odds are looking like he might get a few PM within the next couple weeks to follow through on those potential transactions. 

I offered mine up 3 weeks ago but ticket master hasn't released them to my acct

When the Ralph is half empty and people put their dollars some where else then someone’s head will roll, never seen such sparce crowds in the Ralph since it opened. These kids weren’t brought because they couldn’t play, hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t care. Once again you need a goal and the teams best plays are icing or hard off the glass. The coaches job is to get his players to play and Berry and his staff are not.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Just watched another replay of the 4th Omaha goal, anyone else think it looked like Thomes skate/foot got pushed back and made him lose his balance?

Yeah I saw it on the first replay but when they showed the replay a couple more times I realized it was a UND defenseman's stick that did it.

• Upvote 1

I feel like there is no structure to this team or even last year's.  It seems like chaos on the ice.  With Hak's teams I usually felt at the end of the year if they played their game they could beat anyone. I didn't feel like that last year and definitely not this year.  These teams are seriously missing the "IT" factor.

10 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The team has too many players that were a point per game at the previous level (Simonson, Olson, euros) that plateaued at that level. Would expect at least one of them to be able to eventually become a consistent producer at this level. Has not happened. Hopefully Adams and Kawaguchi aren't let downs like that over their careers.

It’s this 100%.

This program’s problem isnt a lack of blue-chippers, it’s the lack of production from the ‘ordinary’ recruit, particulary forwards.  Guys like Pogo, JJ, Wilkie, Olson, Simonson, Hoff, etc. were fantastic junior players, yet they’ve not been able to elevate their game at the college level like similar level players have at other schools.   Even our highly touted freshman forwards have been rather underwhelming to this point.  

Makes one wonder if the problem is skill development moreso than recruiting.

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It’s this 100%.

This program’s problem isnt a lack of blue-chippers, it’s the lack of production from the ‘ordinary’ recruit, particulary forwards.  Guys like Pogo, JJ, Wilkie, Olson, Simonson, Hoff, etc. were fantastic junior players, yet they’ve not been able to elevate their game at the college level like similar level players have at other schools.   Even our highly touted freshman forwards have been rather underwhelming to this point.  

Especially glaring when you see guys at other programs that weren't highly sought after recruits and they come in and get better as the year goes on, putting up 10-15 goals. Will we have Anyone on the team get 15??

For a coach who didn't say two sentences without mention "team culture" during our championship season, Berry's team this year seems totally lacking in culture.  No leadership, taking entire periods off, lapses in concentration, stupid penalties when our PK is floundering, and after scoring a goal always taking the next shift off.  When you add a mediocre roster to this kind of play you get what we are seeing now.  Perhaps time to clean house?  We have a lot of guys who aren't contributing squat.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Especially glaring when you see guys at other programs that weren't highly sought after recruits and they come in and get better as the year goes on, putting up 10-15 goals. Will we have Anyone on the team get 15??

Adam Gaudette comes to mind. Never even got a sniff from BU, BC, and Harvard. Northeastern was the only school to recruit him. How has that turned out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It’s this 100%.

Quite possibly - even though our facilities to train are the best in the country.  I have not seen a Sioux team with worse puck skills since the Bjorkman days.  On the times where we do make the right move or pass more often than not we can't control the puck.  Same with zone entry.  The big question is will Berry learn from this and make adjustments or will he go "Bubba" on us?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AJS said:

Like the team next year, but the streak is over, this team has no shot at the tourney. Not talent level, this team just doesn’t have it. If it’s not one thing, it’s the other for this team. Johnson will be lock down tomorrow, will be terrible against Miami next Friday. 

You like the team next year? Woof..

13 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Wolanin is 100% gone.  Plus the sens are rebuilding, perfect time to go. Wolanin has been great this year.  Deserves to go pro.

Wolanan’s top plays are great but he partners that with a few head scratchers every weekend. Inconsistency doesn’t work for NHL clubs. And his exaggerated toe drag at the blue line won’t create enough space at the top level. Great college player but unless he continues to improve it could be tough to see much ice time at the next level.  I agree he is gone though. 

• Upvote 1