SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. uno GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

So what realistically can be done to somewhat right this ship? I think we have tried every line combo, is it strategy? In game adjustments?

Nothing, I kind of go back and forth with this one. I think this is one of those seasons where nothing ever falls into place. No adjustment is going to make a difference. UND will get going offensively, goaltending will be terrible, the next night solid goaltending, no offense. It’s absurd the games they continue to lose. 

6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I get that, but they could lose their best player.

I doubt he cares, it’s every players dream and he has earned it.  He’s an over age junior and has shined. Time to move on. Although he’ll likely play a half/full year in the A before getting a shot in the show. Still has to work on his d zone coverage. 

I thought they looked good for most of the game and deserved a better fate.  Earlier in the year it was discouraging because they'd lose but also look like the worse team.  Now they're back to the good old days of outplaying the opponent but taking the tough luck loss.  I think their play is rounding into form and they can still make a run, but I'm also realistic about the playoff math and their dwindling chances. 

LOL at the longing for Hak.  I haven't had a bad thing to say about either him or Berry, but you gotta love the SS forum and its loyal, patient fans.  Knowledgeable, too, downright all-knowing. 

10 minutes ago, jk said:

I thought they looked good for most of the game and deserved a better fate.  Earlier in the year it was discouraging because they'd lose but also look like the worse team.  Now they're back to the good old days of outplaying the opponent but taking the tough luck loss.  I think their play is rounding into form and they can still make a run, but I'm also realistic about the playoff math and their dwindling chances. 

LOL at the longing for Hak.  I haven't had a bad thing to say about either him or Berry, but you gotta love the SS forum and its loyal, patient fans.  Knowledgeable, too, downright all-knowing. 

Hakstol would be absolutely skewered on this board for the team's performance this year.  

Berry's head would be rolling too had it not been for a certain Schmaltz semi-final goal against DU just under two years ago...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Hakstol would be absolutely skewered on this board for the team's performance this year.  

Berry's head would be rolling too had it not been for a certain Schmaltz semi-final goal against DU just under two years ago...

Ohh I member Tampa.....

The team has too many players that were a point per game at the previous level (Simonson, Olson, euros) that plateaued at that level. Would expect at least one of them to be able to eventually become a consistent producer at this level. Has not happened. Hopefully Adams and Kawaguchi aren't let downs like that over their careers.

3 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Just watched another replay of the 4th Omaha goal, anyone else think it looked like Thomes skate/foot got pushed back and made him lose his balance?

I think he yelled at the ref about interference, but nobody listened.  Couldn't have been much.  But, that was not the game.  The game was mental, tonight.  These guys collectively just don't have what it takes to push to the next level.

37 minutes ago, jk said:

LOL at anyone who doesn't know this board is going to be upset after every loss no matter what the record or who the coach is.

25 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Just watched another replay of the 4th Omaha goal, anyone else think it looked like Thomes skate/foot got pushed back and made him lose his balance?

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

No, he didn’t get touched. 

I watched the replay again in slow-motion and it appears that Cam Johnson came off the UND bench and pushed Thome, causing him to lose his balance...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The team has too many players that were a point per game at the previous level (Simonson, Olson, euros) that plateaued at that level. Would expect at least one of them to be able to eventually become a consistent producer at this level. Has not happened. Hopefully Adams and Kawaguchi aren't let downs like that over their careers.

Good point. Scary thing about overagers, everyone hits their ceiling. In Olsen’s defense, he just can’t skate at this level.

i guess in saying that, I’m curious (at this point in the season and what’s been happening) why hasn’t berry given the young players a longer leash to work through their issues.  Throwing he simo line out there over and over again does nothing. Put the young guys out there and let them develop.  At this point it can’t hurt.  It’s not like they’re winning.