SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. uno GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

When I heard Berry talk and watched the team his first season I thought "wow, this guy has it together".  Since then he has done squat for recruiting and has a team that is totally devoid of the mental aspect of the game.  I am just stunned at how fast things fell apart.  

recruiting takes years, so you are babbling about what exactly?

36 minutes ago, AJS said:

Like the team next year, but the streak is over, this team has no shot at the tourney. Not talent level, this team just doesn’t have it. If it’s not one thing, it’s the other for this team. Johnson will be lock down tomorrow, will be terrible against Miami next Friday. 

On the bright side...no way in hell we lose anybody early after this season, is there...

2 minutes ago, Irish said:

When I heard Berry talk and watched the team his first season I thought "wow, this guy has it together".  Since then he has done squat for recruiting and has a team that is totally devoid of the mental aspect of the game.  I am just stunned at how fast things fell apart.  

Spot on. Berry is very likeable, but some of the play last season into this disaster makes him very suspect. Not saying can him, but there are some major questions here. This has been the most disappointing team I have watched since becoming a fan in 03.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Jones will play tomorrow. Cam will play tomorrow. Adams will play tomorrow. UND will wins. Hope will abound......until next Friday at 10 pm.

Yep! Guaranteed win tomorrow, guaranteed loss next Friday. 

You included and are right, Cam will play well tomorrow, won’t next Friday. 

1 minute ago, Sioux90 said:

recruiting takes years, so you are babbling about what exactly?

I am babbling about the lack of talent on this team and the way they take stupid penalties, coast for about half the game, and seem to give up a goal within a minute of scoring one, and have horrible special teams.  And not every recruit is in the pipeline for years.  Some are late additions.  See any Blue Chippers on the roster.  Have you looked at the front line scoring stats?  Tell me where I am wrong in my assessment of this team.  

27 minutes ago, willythekid said:

No one is bitching about Cam tonight because when he is back-up he doesn't have a chance to let in his usual soft goals.  No one is also bitching about Thome because despite the score, tonight's outcome falls squarely on the shoulders of everyone besides the goaltender.

"Besides the goaltender"?  Something like an .800 save percentage ain't nothing to write home about.  And I'm EO, I was wanting Cam to be benched but neither goalie is stepping up, avg/pedestrian numbers for both of them. 

Just now, Sioux90 said:

To be clear. KIDS COMMIT EARLY, AND IT IS RARE FOR PLAYERS TO COMMIT TO A PROGRAM A YEAR OR TWO BEFORE ARRIVING ON CAMPUS. 

UNO has 7 draft picks on their current roster.............same as UND. 

27 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Don't know why every thread after a loss has the same astonished comments.

This team isn't very good.  We have known this for 3 months now.  They are a 15-20 type of team.  

Spot on.  We're spoiled by history.  Haks, never a bad team, always improving.  Now, they are what they are--an average team. 

30 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don’t think anyone should, as nobody will likely be playing in the league. But they will, which is disappointing.

Gersich is an AHL lifer.

Wolanin has NHL physical skills but ECHL decision making skills at times.

• Upvote 1

Here’s how I look at it, if this team only played 5 on 5 all year, would they be better or worse than their current record? 

Theres no doubt in my mind they’d have a better record, this team is losing more games than they are winning because of special teams. I’m looking at the coaching staff and not the talent.