SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

21 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Ketteringham- I think he has the tools to succeed if we can provide him with average protection. He put up legit numbers at Sac St with a terrible OL in front of him.

This is where I am at too.  I think he has the potential to be a very good QB for us.  Just need to get protection!!  

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Norhsidepride said:

Incoming student athlete and worth taking a few minutes to read - Click link not picture :)

https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/911892?referrer_id=519407

5ae52af6b3b28_Screenshot2018-04-28at9_14_44PM.png.2043a833395a2d0228d277ee487f0fce.pnghttps://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/911892?referrer_id=519407

What a great athlete and all around great kid, looking forward to seeing him play.  It's kids like this that can help us get to the next level, they don't have to be 3 star recruits.  At 6'1 with his speed and athleticism he could become a lock down corner for us.......let's hope.  :) 

On 4/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, forksandspoons said:

What player (experienced or new) is everyone the most excited to watch this coming season? Pick one and give a reason or two why. I'm excited to see what Wanzek will do with another year of lifting under his belt. It's obviously important who is throwing it to him, but he's a guy that can make things easier for the QB with his height. 

I say Ott, Larson and Kruse(if he is fully healthy).  All 3 are significant potential physical upgrades to the guys who were at those positions last season.  Ott brings athleticism and potential to make huge plays although he still needs to pack on some weight.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, forksandspoons said:

What player (experienced or new) is everyone the most excited to watch this coming season? Pick one and give a reason or two why. I'm excited to see what Wanzek will do with another year of lifting under his belt. It's obviously important who is throwing it to him, but he's a guy that can make things easier for the QB with his height. 

1.  Griebel/ McKinney.   Very explosive players and if Rudolph was to find a playbook and use the screen , their talent would give UNDs offense two more explosive players with Santiago....of course it all depends on Rudolph :(

2.  Ott.   Unbelievable explosion.   Would love to see him at OLB.  

3.  Helgren. Has been injured since his arrival.  Was a great recruit and IF.....if he can stay/get healthy he would give UNDs line a staple to work off of. I like Tobin as well but helgren has the body along with the talent.  

4. Ketteringham.   Just because. 

• Upvote 3

3.  Helgren. Has been injured since his arrival.  Was a great recruit and IF.....if he can stay/get healthy he would give UNDs line a staple to work off of. I like Tobin as well but helgren has the body along with the talent.  

I think Jenkins has the body for OL. Hoping he makes a big push this year.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

112 days to the opener. Optimistic for a fun season!

So pumped! I love spring and summer, but had this time of year as it relates to sports.

I'm not a NBA guy. My Wild are done. Sioux Hockey left me super disappointed. Twins are ... well, the Twins. The Derby, Preakness and Belmont are fun, but short lived. 

This team should be able to bounce back better than last year. I'm excited to see what a new QB can offer. Guys like Griebel, Mckinney and Larson should be fun to watch contribute. We'll see who gets the redshirts pulled. Biggest question is O-Line; they don't have to completely dominate (I don't think that is the expectation at this point), but they certainly need to be better and show that they belong at this level.

Can't wait for the Mississippi game. It SHOULD be a blowout kind of win. If it is a close game, then I'm going to worry a bit. Everyone probably saw was the Bison did to them last year. I know UND is not the Bison, but still ... you want to continue to improve as a program, these are the kinds of games that you win early, and let your depth play out in the second half.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So pumped! I love spring and summer, but had this time of year as it relates to sports.

I'm not a NBA guy. My Wild are done. Sioux Hockey left me super disappointed. Twins are ... well, the Twins. The Derby, Preakness and Belmont are fun, but short lived. 

This team should be able to bounce back better than last year. I'm excited to see what a new QB can offer. Guys like Griebel, Mckinney and Larson should be fun to watch contribute. We'll see who gets the redshirts pulled. Biggest question is O-Line; they don't have to completely dominate (I don't think that is the expectation at this point), but they certainly need to be better and show that they belong at this level.

Can't wait for the Mississippi game. It SHOULD be a blowout kind of win. If it is a close game, then I'm going to worry a bit. Everyone probably saw was the Bison did to them last year. I know UND is not the Bison, but still ... you want to continue to improve as a program, these are the kinds of games that you win early, and let your depth play out in the second half.

That game should be a 200 yard 3TD game for Oliviera in the blowout win. If it’s a close game....we’ve got problems.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am liking the more consistent game times.  Only going to get better in 2020.  I an guessing the Griz game is at 1:00 because it is a Root Sports game.   

Maybe, but article says all 5 home game are broadcast on Midco.  Pretty sure it is because Hockey is in town that weekend.

I'm not sure we have to abide by the Root windows anymore since UND is officially out of the Big Sky.  I would echo Big Green, and guess that it's because Midco has both Football  & Hockey that day.  Personally, I like the 2 p.m.'s as the season wears on.   Don't mind a Thursday night or a homecoming/potato bowl that is later in the day due to parades etc... But I do tend to like the early afternoon games of either 1 or 2p especially in October & November. (I'm probably in the minority in this)

2 minutes ago, the green team said:

I'm not sure we have to abide by the Root windows anymore since UND is officially out of the Big Sky.  I would echo Big Green, and guess that it's because Midco has both Football  & Hockey that day.  Personally, I like the 2 p.m.'s as the season wears on.   Don't mind a Thursday night or a homecoming/potato bowl that is later in the day due to parades etc... But I do tend to like the early afternoon games of either 1 or 2p especially in October & November. (I'm probably in the minority in this)

That is right.  Forgot that is a football/hockey day.  Makes sense.  Wondering about the Homecoming/Potato Bowl weekend.  They moved that game back because of the parade.  but wondering if they are going to have 2 parades that Saturday morning, Homecoming on campus and Potato Bowl downtown) or jsut have one combined parade.  Or move the Homecoming parade to Friday night.

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

That is right.  Forgot that is a football/hockey day.  Makes sense.  Wondering about the Homecoming/Potato Bowl weekend.  They moved that game back because of the parade.  but wondering if they are going to have 2 parades that Saturday morning, Homecoming on campus and Potato Bowl downtown) or jsut have one combined parade.  Or move the Homecoming parade to Friday night.

Pretty sure it will be combined.  There will still be work going on with the Kennedy Bridge and so both EGF and GF have said no to a downtown parade last year.  I believe that applies to this year as well.