SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Might have to take a trip into South Dakota for that game. Other than Fargo, I have never been to an away UND football game. The MVFC will give us lots of opportunities.

If you are going to do it go big and make the trip out to Salt Lake City. It's going to be an awesome long weekend!

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

STAND UP AND CHEER LYRICS

Stand up and cheer

Stand up and cheer for North Dakota

Pledge your loyalty

For she's your Alma Mater true.

Our team is fighting

And we will help them see it thru

We've got the team

We've got the steam

So North Dakota here's to you

missed the raw raw's - 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Might have to take a trip into South Dakota for that game. Other than Fargo, I have never been to an away UND football game. The MVFC will give us lots of opportunities.

I can never in good conscience advise anyone to go to Vermillion. 

More power to you though if you do

• Upvote 4

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, sprig said:

Invoices sent in May with your cc donation level and season tickets cost listed. You can make changes and pay the invoice.  If you want to change seat location,  you can do that now for any sport except men's hockey.  If you want to move your hockey seats, requests to move are emailed in after the invoice is paid. You may not get the move for hockey unless seats there available. 

As far as seat changes go, we looked at the seat chart, and it appears there are NOT many seats available as of now. But I can't believe it's due to all the seats being held by season ticket holders, so could it be there's been a great uptick in new season ticket holders? Or did I just misread the chart?

29 minutes ago, shep said:

As far as seat changes go, we looked at the seat chart, and it appears there are NOT many seats available as of now. But I can't believe it's due to all the seats being held by season ticket holders, so could it be there's been a great uptick in new season ticket holders? Or did I just misread the chart?

I believe it's new season ticket holders

2 hours ago, homer said:

I know a lot of people who have either purchased season tickets for the first time or upped their total. Last years success and the MVFC announcement lit some fires.  

I bought an additional 8 seats in section 215 and know of others that bought season tickets for 1st time. Be interesting to see the total number of season ticket sales at startup next fall.

On 2/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, ericpnelson said:

I can never in good conscience advise anyone to go to Vermillion. 

More power to you though if you do

You know what they say about Vermillion, don't you?  It's not a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there, either.  JK, I've never been there.

• Upvote 2

For those of you talking about the the crappy destinations in the MVFC. I've been to few different places over the years. I usually get there Friday afternoon and I'm gone first thing Sunday morning. Do people plan longer trips than this? To me as long as the atmosphere is good at the restaurant/bar and in the parking lot/stadium I don't care what kind of dump the town is. I've been to Vermillion not for a game but on business. The whole town had coyote garb everywhere. I'm sure it's a great place for a gameday experience. To me that's what matters on these trips. One thing I must add is if flying an airport in the city is an obvious must. That ruined my idea of going to the Wyoming game last year. Nobody other than myself was willing to do the plains trains and automobiles to get there. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, bang said:

For those of you talking about the the crappy destinations in the MVFC. I've been to few different places over the years. I usually get there Friday afternoon and I'm gone first thing Sunday morning. Do people plan longer trips than this? To me as long as the atmosphere is good at the restaurant/bar and in the parking lot/stadium I don't care what kind of dump the town is. I've been to Vermillion not for a game but on business. The whole town had coyote garb everywhere. I'm sure it's a great place for a gameday experience. To me that's what matters on these trips. One thing I must add is if flying an airport in the city is an obvious must. That ruined my idea of going to the Wyoming game last year. Nobody other than myself was willing to do the plains trains and automobiles to get there. 

Personally I won't be putting down the destinations we play now and will play in the future. Not like GF is a big tourist attraction. 

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is the thing they call the "DakotaDome". I will be there September 16th - it may not be a special venue to some but I hope for a special UND performance against the pups of SD. That in itself will make the trip well worth it.

Image result for south dakota dakotadome

Tough time of year for me but I hope to be in Vermillion too this year.  Also hoping to go to the SUU game in Cedar City too this year.

15 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Tough time of year for me but I hope to be in Vermillion too this year.  Also hoping to go to the SUU game in Cedar City too this year.

My wife and I are planning on the SUU game in Cedar City as well.  Didn't realize we were in Vermillion but will try to get that one in also.   I haven't been to the Dakota dome since we played there in the early 80's.  It was a a strange field to play on and I would like to see it again as a spectator.

Man, the posters on AGS are killing me.  UND better beat the piss out off Mo. State and USD next year.  Of course Bison and Bunny fans would say they're the bottom feeders and it means nothing.  

I guess they all forget UND owns all of them (NDSU, USD, Actually not sure on SDSU) in head-to-head.

I'll be in Utah for the opener next year.  I can't wait!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bang said:

I have been picking an away game and making a half week out of them. Bozeman last year, Missoula this year. 

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is the thing they call the "DakotaDome". I will be there September 16th - it may not be a special venue to some but I hope for a special UND performance against the pups of SD. That in itself will make the trip well worth it.

Image result for south dakota dakotadome

"Dome"?  Looks more like an arena to me but I'm certainly no A & E expert.