SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

Chris is a good athlete and even better person. Any young man that smiles through adversity and always greets you with a smile and a hello, Mr.______ is okay in my book. All the best on and off the field. Our loss is their gain. He is also nice in the studio behind a microphone. This young man has options in life. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

Chris is a good athlete and even better person. Any young man that smiles through adversity and always greets you with a smile and a hello, Mr.______ is okay in my book. All the best on and off the field. Our loss is their gain. He is also nice in the studio behind a microphone. This young man has options in life. 

It's kind of crazy because he was just about our top recruit in his class. Two FBS offers. I'm surprised he didn't see more of the field.

I agree with Old School, Carter appears to be a great kid and I wish him nothing but the best.  You never heard anything negative about him being a problem given his lack of playing time the last couple years, which speaks volumes in my opinion.  

On the field, I think his biggest problem was his ball skills.  It seemed like when the ball was in the air, he struggled with adjusting.  

Having said all that, good luck to Chris Carter at Grand Valley.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170111102553175498204&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

STATS lists UND as "Top 10 Material" to compete for a national title in 2017. They bring up the fact that this year's schedule is markedly more difficult with Montana and EWU on the schedule

I believe Montana will be much improved this year, but so will we. Our OL should be able to take a big step forward due to the game experience this year. 

I can totally see people saying next season: Well you didn't play Cal Poly so your schedule is weak. lol

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I believe Montana will be much improved this year, but so will we. Our OL should be able to take a big step forward due to the game experience this year. 

I can totally see people saying next season: Well you didn't play Cal Poly so your schedule is weak. lol

When you are at the top of the Big Sky mountain, every opponent starts to seem like they are week!!!

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bizon are slipping, their talent pool is diminishing.  Montana, James Madison, and the 2 SD's beat them in the last 2 seasons. Hope we beat them soon!

Just curious,  how did the playoff games go against UM and SDSU? 

But yes,  they are looking more vulnerable now,  no doubt. 

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's kind of crazy because he was just about our top recruit in his class. Two FBS offers. I'm surprised he didn't see more of the field.

I think Bubba is looking for guys with more height and range in the secondary to matchup against taller receivers. Chris will be a good fit at his next stop based on his athletetic ability and positive attitude. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bizon are slipping, their talent pool is diminishing.  Montana, James Madison, and the 2 SD's beat them in the last 2 seasons. Hope we beat them soon!

I wouldn't write their eulogy just yet, but it does look like a resurgent UND program and a Tim Brewster-less Gopher program are beginning to even things out around here.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Anybody heard anything on the medical redshirt for Clive? 

I don't think there has been anything official yet. Speculation has been that if Arnell didn't receive one, Clive almost definitely won't. Never know with the NC$$ though.