SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Hawks vs Seawolves predictions

Nodak78

2 weeks from yesterday is the Seawolves will host the Fighting Hawks.

Sooooo  give me your predictions.

Stoney Brook had one of the best defenses in the national last year.  UND had a difficult time getting first downs let alone scoring.  2 years was an intense defensive struggle for both teams. 

Well  that was 2 years ago.  The Fighting Hawks has more depth and play makers than 2 years ago.

The Seawolves will not let us score 40+ points like the last three games last season.  So we will only score 27.

The Fighting hawks have a defense to be reckoned with.  Especially an grind it out team like the Seawolves.   Our DL and LB put up a stone wall on Stoney Brook.  Tackles for Loss with  be a staple.  Sacks and turnovers will put our Offense in scoring position.  Stoney Brook 10.

OK 27-10 Fighting Hawks #leavenodoubt. 

For me it is just trying to wrap my head around what exactly are "Seawolves" and how I can ease the recurrent image of the new UND logo that repeatedly flashes thru my mind......but with all of that said UND wins unless SB puts out a defense similar to that vaunted one they had that was only behind 'Bama during the '14 season.

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

For me it is just trying to wrap my head around what exactly are "Seawolves" and how I can ease the recurrent image of the new UND logo that repeatedly flashes thru my mind......but with all of that said UND wins unless SB puts out a defense similar to that vaunted one they had that was only behind 'Bama during the '14 season.

Their D-Coordinator said they had a player last year that could shut down an entire half of the field on the run game.  They don't have him this year but he went on to say how fast his defense is.  If we can get a push on our first series things will go well for us.  Our pass game could be a threat this year too and we will get Santiago in space.

Stonybrook ended last year with 3 wins, too, but pretty much the bottom of the barrel for competition.  Howard sucks, Rhode Island sucks, and another pretty crappy team.  They have a legit WR and they should test our secondary if they were smart.  I don't think they'll run the ball on us.  From 2 years ago we are much improved, and I think SB will be better, too, Expecting a good game but bottom line, we are too much for them to handle.  23-13 (more FG's than touchdowns)

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Their D-Coordinator said they had a player last year that could shut down an entire half of the field on the run game.  They don't have him this year but he went on to say how fast his defense is

funny . . . UND defensive coordinator could say the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone. Just an SBU fan passing through. In the interest of accuracy, the Seawolves were 5-5 last season with a convincing win over New Hampshire.

Also, we only had 10 results due to the loss of a final at FBS Toledo where we trailed by 3 in the 3rd quarter before an electrical storm of biblical propotions cancelled the balance of the game.

We are looking forward to a challenging game with a strong opponent.

• Upvote 3