SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Hawks vs Seawolves predictions

Nodak78

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I predict we lose a close one.  Two botched snaps recovered by Stony Brook.  Our corners play surprisingly well.

Motion to ban nodak651 ...need a second ....

j/k I obviously hope you are wrong, as it would kind of be a blow to the type of program we are trying to build. Programs that want to be at the top, should lose to teams like SB. That is not a knock on SB, they have a great defense. But this is a game that our boys should expect to win (NDSU, Montana, UNI would all expect to win a game like this, we should too).

That being said we are not quite to that elite level yet, and botched snaps are certainly a possibility with Coe being new. Even against a stout defense, I see Santiago hitting a hole or getting outside. I also think we'll see a long connection from Studs to Clive. 

I'm going 24-10. Good guys win.

The first game in college each year is always so interesting because you have guys that have graduated and new guys stepping in.  Starting a year with a new/unproven QB and a new/unproven OL always make me the most nervous to see how they will do.  We have the proven QB this year, we'll find out about the OL and they have a good test in SB.  Fortunately they've had to practice against a really good DL.   I'm sticking with my earlier prediction of 24-14 UND.  I think with a healthy Clive and Santiago we'll be able to make enough offensive plays to score a few times, but it won't be easy.  If they are all in the box Clive will get one deep, if they have to worry about Clive that will open up the running just enough for Santiago to get a seam.   I would say 90% odds of a botched snap, just have to make sure it's not a turnover. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

The first game in college each year is always so interesting because you have guys that have graduated and new guys stepping in.  Starting a year with a new/unproven QB and a new/unproven OL always make me the most nervous to see how they will do.  We have the proven QB this year, we'll find out about the OL and they have a good test in SB.  Fortunately they've had to practice against a really good DL.   I'm sticking with my earlier prediction of 24-14 UND.  I think with a healthy Clive and Santiago we'll be able to make enough offensive plays to score a few times, but it won't be easy.  If they are all in the box Clive will get one deep, if they have to worry about Clive that will open up the running just enough for Santiago to get a seam.   I would say 90% odds of a botched snap, just have to make sure it's not a turnover. 

Plus, teams that suck don't know they suck yet.  Everyone is on pace for a perfect season prior to game #1.  In this game, both teams have a shot at conference titles and glory, will be a hard fought game.

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2016 at 9:45 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

UND 42

SB.     9

Hi. One SBU fan here. I hope we gained a little bit of your respect last night. While your offense may not have been as sharp as you expected it to be, I suspect our D had something to do with that once in a while. By the way, your defense looks pretty darn good also.

Too bad about the injured player. I feel bad whenever a kid goes down. I hope he has a full recovery. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Furlong said:

Hi. One SBU fan here. I hope we gained a little bit of your respect last night. While your offense may not have been as sharp as you expected it to be, I suspect our D had something to do with that once in a while. By the way, your defense looks pretty darn good also.

Too bad about the injured player. I feel bad whenever a kid goes down. I hope he has a full recovery. Good luck the rest of the way.

I like the unrealistic score quoted :)

I for one was expecting a head-knocker . . . but that was brutal on both sides.  Nothing but D all night long!!!  Maybe some people on this board had some pipe-dreams for this game, but everyone I talked to had nothing but respect for that SB defense.  It's just so hard to watch defense dominated games.  It's hard on the nerves.

7 hours ago, Bob Furlong said:

Thanks for your pre game posts about your team.  My prediction was not meant to slight your team; rather to just draw a reaction from our own fired up faithful.  (I knew it would be 13-9; but didn't want to spoil it for the others). :D

A lot of us will be following your team this year to see how you do; best of luck and I hope you guys make some noise in the CAA this year.