SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sethhag said:

St. Cloud Norsemen logo

The former Brookings Blizzard of the NAHL are now the St. Cloud Norsemen...what do we think of this logo, as i remember that Norsemen was one of the name options that was higher up on the board.

Any nickname with "men" was never going to be selected.  Too gender specific.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sethhag said:

St. Cloud Norsemen logo

The former Brookings Blizzard of the NAHL are now the St. Cloud Norsemen...what do we think of this logo, as i remember that Norsemen was one of the name options that was higher up on the board.

Its good, not bad, kinda similar to the Thief river Falls Norskies...

Which would have worked better because , as stated, no " men" at the end to continue the oppreasion and subjectivication of of the womens teams.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Make it Fighting Norse and we're good...Roughriders and Fighting Norse were my two favs by far...That logo is really really good.

Roughrider as the nickname and a logo with a Nakota Horse as the logo was my optimal pick.  Could have had a horse mascot named "Nokie"  Oh what could have been!! :D

That being said, no matter how you feel about the Fighting Hawks nickname and logo, we can all breath a sigh of relief that we are not the University of North Dakota Fighting Sundogs!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2