SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

It's one of my favorite sports pictures and he's one of my faovorite sports figures. He had a really interesting rise and fall.

There was some documentary on ESPN I think....maybe  SportsCentury did a piece on Liston; it was very interesting.

6 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Just wishing we had some generic hawk that actually looks like a logo.  I like what Michigan Tech did, simple, yet the Husky can stand alone, unlike our Dove. 

image132773-horiz.jpg

We couldn't even get the ND part right

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Just wishing we had some generic hawk that actually looks like a logo.  I like what Michigan Tech did, simple, yet the Husky can stand alone, unlike our Dove. 

image132773-horiz.jpg

I think that was SME's way of meeting the criteria of being 'specific to ND' while using a generic nickname that is not at all specific to ND.

21 minutes ago, Northcountry said:

Not trying to polish anything.  Once you get beyond longing for the "good old days" of the Sioux logo and come to the realization that it is not coming back, you move on to respecting the traditions, cherishing the memories, and cheering for the University of North Dakota and its new identity.  If you replace the knee jerk rejection of anything that is not "Fighting Sioux" with an appreciative look at the new logo, you begin to see that SME did a remarkable design and produced a logo that you can be proud to display if for no other reason than IT IS the symbol for UND athletics and I will support UND and its athletics in any avatar they choose.  It is time to move ahead, because anything else is either stagnation or regression. <ends rant>

I support UND also, with that said I will be buying this sweet logo! They should've used this...

IMG_20160909_120526.jpg

IMG_20160909_120523.jpg

• Upvote 1

Given the generic name that SME had to work with, I am glad that they didn't come up with just another generic bird logo.  Put all the college bird logos in a line, and they all are the same.  At least with the Fighting Hawks logo, you have something unique and not seen before in college athletic logos.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, burronation said:

web1_WEB0705SkyhawksLogo.jpg

One that SME did last year for another set of Hawks...did we get better or worse?

Personally I like this better..................but that's like saying I have the option of getting 4 teeth pulled without lidocaine or bending over for a hot lava enema and I have to pick one.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I respectfully disagree that SME's design is remarkable, and I'm not comparing it to the Sioux logo in any way.  It is what it is...a generic looking bird logo with letters that may or may not be 'ND' behind it.   Also, I'm pretty sure I can still support UND athletics without liking the new logo.

1000xs YES. Exactly. 

9 hours ago, tho0505 said:

image132773-horiz.jpg

It might be able to stand alone, but, much like our new logo, this one DOESN'T HAVE A MOUTH EITHER!  :0

I stopped at the Scheels in Fargo this week...I couldn't  believe how ugly the "Fighting Hawks" logo t-shirts looked. Very bland and of course plenty of quantity as no one was buying them. 

However, the "North Dakota" under armour apparel while keeping off the Fighting Hawks removed anywhere on the items looked great!

I'm fine moving forward, but I'll never purchase "Fighting Hawks" merchandise. It looks terrible!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Now that is cool!!

I got verbally beat up for commenting how lame the hype about a new helmet and the video showed a single sticker put on a football helmet. Yea I know football helmets get hit more.......

But this is a helmet you show in slow motion being made, with cool music playing in the background!

This is something you hype up, and try to get acceptance from your fan base on moving forward with the new nickname and logo!

This is a work of art!

IMO