SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 9/2/2016 at 3:35 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

I found it. A white t-shirt with just the Hawk head on it. I have to admit, it seems a little lacking!:D

image.jpeg

Actually I think I like this much better than the current logo. It is simple, unique, has artistic value, and may even (god forgive) cause people to use their imagination to interpret what it represents for those not familiar. And if you think those are not good traits I would argue that the somewhat similar Nike swoosh has done pretty well.

43 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Debate over....

Check out @SchlossmanGF's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/773263654804336640?s=09

IMG_20160906_164216.jpg

No matter how you feel about the new logo, this is really embarrassing for the University.  Best case scenario?  Looks like they don't have their act together.  Worst case need not be stated, but it ain't pretty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Can't say I'm a big fan of the new glass stanchions obstructing my view. :blink:

players will probably appreciate the new glass system though.  the last setup was dangerous. 

also, looks like the top of the dasher is black instead of green?

1 hour ago, hrkac said:

players will probably appreciate the new glass system though.  the last setup was dangerous. 

also, looks like the top of the dasher is black instead of green?

To piggy back what Hrkac said, the old seamless glass was considered too hard even by NHL standards and the NHL teams switched back to the boards you see in the picture. I see this as a good thing. 

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

No matter how you feel about the new logo, this is really embarrassing for the University.  Best case scenario?  Looks like they don't have their act together.  Worst case need not be stated, but it ain't pretty.

Typical SiouxSports genius at work.  Y'all downvote like monkeys on a banana but nobody has the courage (or the intellectual capacity) to respond with so much as a grunt.

Let me spell it out for you.  To the public, this looks bad.  Either the University of North Dakota is incompetent (i.e., logo selected in June but somehow can't get around to ordering stencils for almost 3 months?), is wishy-washy and uncommitted to the new logo it launched with fanfare not so long ago (and paid $50k for), is beholden to a single sport/program (i.e., inmates running the asylum), or is the arena's bitch.  What's your pleasure?  Which explanation makes you feel #UNDproud?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

For those who love the interlocking Notre Da... sorry, North Dakota logo, check out PowerDecals.  They're pretty cool and they have lots of teams.  I inquired about an F'n Hawks logo and they said they're working on it.  Would be a good chance to get the ND logo so many were excited to have in 2012 ;)

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Wait until UND takes over control of the REA. I can't remember the exact year but I believe it's in the next decade. A Fighting Hawk will be on the ice at that time.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Wait until UND takes over control of the REA. I can't remember the exact year but I believe it's in the next decade. A Fighting Hawk will be on the ice at that time.

But until then it won't be on the ice.........

• Upvote 1