SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

50 minutes ago, tnt said:

Personally, if we can just get beyond the stupid booing every time they say "Fighting Hawks at full strength", I will consider that progress.  

Someone told me that president Kennedy got booed by the freshman when he referred to UND as the fighting Hawks so I don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Someone told me that president Kennedy got booed by the freshman when he referred to UND as the fighting Hawks so I don't see that stopping anytime soon. 

There are multiple reasons anyone could have booed Kelley while he was at UND.

• Upvote 1

Stopped in Fargo en route back home last night...can't say it's very often that I stop at Scheel's and purchase NOTHING.  I looked thru the teeny tiny section of Fighting Hawks stuff and honestly, some of the pictures of hats that showed up here are even WORSE in person.  I realize it's Fargo and it's Bison territory, but given the size of the NDSU section compared to the UND section, I'd have thought UND was Mayville State.  Unless I missed some hockey-only stuff somewhere else...

2 hours ago, tnt said:

So where was everybody saying that the football team wasn't supporting the old logo?   The fact that the football program never had the old logo on their helmet but jumped at this one could just as well look like a slight at the old logo. Many people are saying that this new logo doesn't look good when it is large, but may look better small.  That wasn't the case with the old logo.  I am not a huge fan of the new logo, but it does look fine on certain things.  I just don't think if a team chooses not to use a logo prominently it says that they aren't loyal to the University.   

We have discussed this.  Football jerseys have large numbers on both sides.  The Sioux Logo on a helmet would have looked terrible.  Way too busy.   

The most they could have done is a logo on the neckband or shoulder.  Oh, like this:

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

We have discussed this.  Football jerseys have large numbers on both sides.  The Sioux Logo on a helmet would have looked terrible.  Way too busy.   

The most they could have done is a logo on the neckband or shoulder.  Or, like this:

Capture.jpg

Way too busy for the helmet, but shrunk down even more and put in front of the neck under the collar and squished above the numbers?  The logo would have been better left off entirely.  

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Way too busy for the helmet, but shrunk down even more and put in front of the neck under the collar and squished above the numbers?  The logo would have been better left off entirely.  

Decent point.  Busy where ever it is for football.  Was just showing they did support it but maybe it could have been left to publications only?

20 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The most they could have done is a logo on the neckband or shoulder.  Oh, like this:

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Exactly, it would have looked terrible.  That's what people are saying about a large Fighting Hawk logo.  

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Exactly, it would have looked terrible.  That's what people are saying about a large Fighting Hawk logo.  

Why, though?  The Fighting Hawk logo is not busy and is meant for applications like that.  Like a football helmet or front of jersey.

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

Why, though?  The Fighting Hawk logo is not busy and is meant for applications like that.  Like a football helmet or front of jersey.

Because it is blander than bland and boring as hell. Being white on a white jersey it simply looks like blank space... Maybe we can play only Taylor Swift songs too so that it is all related.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've said from the start that logo looks best small, like a shoulder patch or on a helmet, or like the FB teams' polos. 

And I don't mind Lexie Shaw's new blocker. The split logo on the pads? Meh. 

CrtZN0pVMAAo619.jpg (900×1200)

Props to WH.  As I said earlier, where there's a will, there's a way.  Everything else is just an excuse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, WiSioux said:

I still think a white logo will look stupid on white ice. It is just going to blend in and look like nothing. Maybe someone with Photoshop skills could create a mock-up and I could be persuaded otherwise? Until then I am content with the interlocking ND, how dare they use an official athletic logo.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Not sure how I feel about that besides...........YUC!!!!!

I'm thinking it looks o.k.  Would probably look even better with a little smaller logo on the blocker, and one smaller one on each goalie pad.  

I am not a big supporter of the new logo but it is what we have.

My son (who is a UND student) wore a grey t-shirt with the new logo to the MN state fair last weekend and both he and his girlfriend said he got a ton of compliments on the logo.

Maybe those of us who had a lot invested in the Sioux name are a little biased in evaluating the new logo?