SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Don't get the "backward facing" argument....wouldn't every sports logo on a helmet be backward facing, sans, symmetrical ones.....

...and if it's a detration, more reason to redesign the logo for the football helmets.

Not a huge deal, just not a fan of it backwards. As someone else said you can't reverse it because of thre ND

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

No because most logos can be inverted.  Because UND uses the letters 'ND,' it can't be inverted.

Yup...just like the Minnesota Vikings logo....already would be better to have another logo that could be "inverted".

The new hawks logos can't be "inverted" just like the old interlocking ND logo couldn't be inverted....didn't stop UND....so because there's a hawk in the logo it changes perception?

10 hours ago, Cratter said:

Yup...just like the Minnesota Vikings logo....already would be better to have another logo that could be "inverted".

The new hawks logos can't be "inverted" just like the old interlocking ND logo couldn't be inverted....didn't stop UND....so because there's a hawk in the logo it changes perception?

NorthernIowa.png

It would be easier if the hawk logo wasn't part of th letter 'D.'  See the UNI logo above.  The ND would be backwards, either that or the hawk would be facing the opposite way as the other side.

It's one thing when it's an interlocking ND being "backwards" but with the Hawk, it looks more awkward.  If the Hawk logo wasn't apart of the letters, like UNI, it would also be easier to do.

• Upvote 1

On July 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM, siouxfan512 said:

Looking at these just reaffirms to me that we should use the number on one side of the helmet. No because the logo looks bad, it actually looks fairly sharp on the helmets; but it does bother me to see the bird facing the back of the helmet. probably just my OCD. :)

Hearing the fans of a number on one side will be happy

• Upvote 1

Logo looks sharp and I'm glad they put some effort into the reveal.  I was one who kind of advocated for numbers on the side but now that I'm looking at them I'm not sure I like it.  Maybe the look will grow on me over time though.  Or perhaps just have a blank side in the future a la the Pittsburgh Steelers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Logo looks sharp and I'm glad they put some effort into the reveal.  I was one who kind of advocated for numbers on the side but now that I'm looking at them I'm not sure I like it.  Maybe the look will grow on me over time though.  Or perhaps just have a blank side in the future a la the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I like that they didn't go with the standard block number font that all schools that have a number on their helmet use.  This is new and different.  I like it.  

I do like the look of the numbering holding to the font package for the new wordmarks. 

Anyone else notice that rather than trying to make a logo sticker with the correct green to match the helmet they went with a clear sticker in the "green" areas to let the helmet color pass through. The color looks different in the "N" and "D" (and yes it's an N and a D) because of the gloss of the sticker. I like it: it's enough contrast without being the wrong shade of green. 

• Upvote 2