SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Also, heard the logo will only be on one side as they didn't want to flip it. 

If the logo will only be on one side, then what goes on the other side?

Numbers? Interlocking ND? Nothing?

I personally think the player's number should go on the opposite side of the helmet; that would look quite throwback and sharp as well, in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

If the logo will only be on one side, then what goes on the other side?

Numbers? Interlocking ND? Nothing?

I personally think the player's number should go on the opposite side of the helmet; that would look quite throwback and sharp as well, in my opinion. 

That's my preference as well. 

18 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

yep . . . still like the green on green look.

then again my favorite uniform was the green helmet, green jersey, green pants combination.

Agreed, I liked the all green. I also like the grey helmets. I'm not a huge fan of black uniforms, but black helmets would not be bad if used with the right combo of pants and jerseys. White would also be a cool option.

It does seem strange that there are pictures of the gray helmet even dating back to last spring, but Bubba said that it will not be an option for this year.  I am thinking his "You never know where this goes" comment is a hint that the gray helmets will be used this year.  My guess is the Potato Bowl game against USD to go along with thhe new gray jerseys.  Just a hunch, but we will see I guess.

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It does seem strange that there are pictures of the gray helmet even dating back to last spring, but Bubba said that it will not be an option for this year.  I am thinking his "You never know where this goes" comment is a hint that the gray helmets will be used this year.  My guess is the Potato Bowl game against USD to go along with thhe new gray jerseys.  Just a hunch, but we will see I guess.

I think you are correct, that they are holding off the announcement that gray helmets will be used. Not sure I like the idea of all grey, unles there are enough green accents used. but maybe gray pants and helmets and green jerseys? I think some sort of combo would be cool. Maybe it wouldn't looks as good as I'm thinking. Regardless, the new gray apparel will be a cool addition.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I think you are correct, that they are holding off the announcement that gray helmets will be used. Not sure I like the idea of all grey, unles there are enough green accents used. but maybe gray pants and helmets and green jerseys? I think some sort of combo would be cool. Maybe it wouldn't looks as good as I'm thinking. Regardless, the new gray apparel will be a cool addition.

I do like that the new gray pants have the green stripe down the side.  Gray pants with the green jersey and the gray helmets would be pretty sharp.  Not a fan at all of using 1 color for the pants/jersey/helmet.  With 3 colors, we can mix it up.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Best combo would be gray helmets, green jerseys, and gray pants, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing that home combo every single home game. Gray helmets NEED to have the same green and white striping as the gray pants, though. 

Beautiful throwback look! 

28 minutes ago, hky said:

I must have missed something.  Why add another color?  Black, green, white aren't enough?

Late to the party. Gray was utilized by UND in the 1970s. I agree that it is out of line with current colors and a black set should've been added before gray, but gray is a true throwback color for UND. 

Even if grey were not a traditional color or never used before... if it's popular with the players and recruits it's a step in the right direction.  Of course everyone has a different litmus test for what is going too far with designs and colors, but if winning is the goal then it's all about recruiting.  And uniforms matter with young people. 

• Upvote 1

Claiming that the gray is "throwback" seems to be a bit of a stretch.  Let's be honest . . . other teams are doing gray uniforms and it's the trend, that's why UND has jumped on the gray uniform bandwagon.  (not diss'ing it, just calling it)