SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, dden3 said:

The green outline of the Hawk did not contrast very well with the green helmet on the TV feed I got.  Seems like that could be much improved.

When seeing initial pictures of the green logo on the green helmet I didn't think it looked to bad. Seeing them in person for the first time last weekend, I didn't think they contrasted very well.

10 hours ago, Old School Guy said:
On 7/22/2016 at 10:46 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I wish they had a big hawk on the helmet and number on the other with name on jersey. Pop Warner teams have names. There is something about names that that says we have a budget and promote our players. It's a little thing that means a lot.

I understand that concern. I honestly am largely indifferent but am slightly leaning towards the opinion that UND should get name plates on the back of the jerseys. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Not a big fan of the grey uniforms.  My 2cents

I get where some didn't like them, but I thought they looked awesome. Really hope we see gray pants, green jerseys and gray helmets in the future.

Once the budget is bigger, both black and white helmets too.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I get where some didn't like them, but I thought they looked awesome. Really hope we see gray pants, green jerseys and gray helmets in the future.

Once the budget is bigger, both black and white helmets too.

I would prefer white helmets over the grey helmets. Nevertheless, hopefully they just get white helmets as an alternate sooner rather than later. All white (white helmet, white jersey, white pants) on the road is always a nice, clean look. Not to mention, white helmet, green jersey, white pants is a nice home combination as well. 

Oh well, getting a grey helmet, green jersey, grey pants combination should be the goal -- that would look classic and sharp!

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I would prefer white helmets over the grey helmets. Nevertheless, hopefully they just get white helmets as an alternate sooner rather than later. All white (white helmet, white jersey, white pants) on the road is always a nice, clean look. Not to mention, white helmet, green jersey, white pants is a nice home combination as well. 

Oh well, getting a grey helmet, green jersey, grey pants combination should be the goal -- that would look classic and sharp!

Agreed, seems to make sense that the more options and combinations we get (eventually), the better. I would agree that white would look sharp, and I would prefer that over black. I think the gray helmets will look fine, but not with gray jersey and pants, thats just too much. Of course they could be wearing hot pink for all I care, as long as we continue down this road to winning and winning consistently, then I'm happy.

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

White helmets with the new logo would look sharp.  Even better would be using white helmets with an oversized logo!!