SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

6 hours ago, GreenWing said:

But I'm disappointed in the way they were unveiled. They missed an opportunity to create some buzz for the upcoming season. Most big football programs would release studio photos, that include a few different looks and maybe acknowledge the old unis they are inspired from to add some context. I love that kind of stuff so maybe it's just me 

Totally agree with you, GreenWing.  Missed opportunity by the UND football program here.  This is a total rebrand and the best they can do is a couple of players who look like they'd rather be anywhere else other than playing fashion model for a picture.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

True and good call, I was trying to keep it in the context that Dan was using, as in primary school colors. 

Gray isn't even a new color for UND football teams. As has been noted before, gray pants and helmets were used 40 years ago.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I dont know about the other two, but ND follows the money.  They have the easiest uniforms to make in football.  Navy blue.  Gold pants.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Now that I think it, same goes for those other two....nice simple uniforms. 

Notre Dame's shiny gold-flaked helmets look ridiculous when matched up with the old gold pants.  

52 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Gray isn't even a new color for UND football teams. As has been noted before, gray pants and helmets were used 40 years ago.

5h0il45.jpg

I know it's an old picture, but I'm pretty sure the green was a bit darker than today's kelly green too.  Great looking uniform!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I can't really disagree with you more here. UND had Nike shoes when I play and we constantly had shoes where the cleats would tear off. Most people looked past that because of the almighty swoosh of course. We had a guy go through 3 pairs of nikes before buying his own pair of adidas cleats that could stay together. Cleats are not Adidas' problem. It's mostly a perception thing due to missing out on MJ and LeBron.  

I don't care that you disagree with me. I know for fact that players on the team last season had soles of their cleats literally separate from the rest of the shoe while Adidas on more than one occasion. You talking spit...I'm talking facts. I have worn while playing in college and overseas and purchased many Nike cleats for my son and NEVER had that problem. That doesn't have squat to do with LeBron or MJ. Get real dude.SMH

Is this like one of those Ford vs. Chevy or Coke vs. Pepsi things. You got some with brand allegiance to Nike and you have others with brand allegiance to Adidas, and a llot of that is based on the anecdotal experiences that each one of us had with those products. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Old School Guy said:

I don't care that you disagree with me. I know for fact that players on the team last season had soles of their cleats literally separate from the rest of the shoe while Adidas on more than one occasion. You talking spit...I'm talking facts. I have worn while playing in college and overseas and purchased many Nike cleats for my son and NEVER had that problem. That doesn't have squat to do with LeBron or MJ. Get real dude.SMH

I've had more durability issues with Nike shoes I've owned vs adidas. Fact.

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Is this like one of those Ford vs. Chevy or Coke vs. Pepsi things. You got some with brand allegiance to Nike and you have others with brand allegiance to Adidas, and a llot of that is based on the anecdotal experiences that each one of us had with those products. 

Pick your product line, from tools (Milwaukee or Dewalt), to handguns (Glocks suck), to cell phones, to computers, to motor oil, to ...

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Notre Dame's shiny gold-flaked helmets look ridiculous when matched up with the old gold pants.  

It's lit fam. Wouldn't expect a Michigan fan to understand. 

8 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Yes.

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

5h0il45.jpg

I know it's an old picture, but I'm pretty sure the green was a bit darker than today's kelly green too.  Great looking uniform!

Name the three in this picture snd the year. I think I know 2 of three and would guess 1979. I have a game jersey from this era - it is not kelly green.

17 hours ago, dakotadan said:

I didn't realize that gray was now a school color. 

1970s UND football. Consider this throwback/classic. I would like to see a black set (helmet/jersey/pants) also though. It's a school color and it is more appealing to recruits (i.e. Blackout games). 

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Name the three in this picture snd the year. I think I know 2 of three and would guess 1979. I have a game jersey from this era - it is not kelly green.

Ivor (RIP), Wirtz (probably got a hernia lifting that), and Hilbert. 

• Upvote 2

On July 22, 2016 at 0:16 PM, NewUNDAlum said:

They look alright.  They'd look better if they weren't made by Adidas.  Outside of soccer/Europe they're widely thought of as the bottom dweller of the major apparel companies.

At least it's not Russell...

On 7/22/2016 at 7:18 PM, MafiaMan said:

Totally agree with you, GreenWing.  Missed opportunity by the UND football program here.  This is a total rebrand and the best they can do is a couple of players who look like they'd rather be anywhere else other than playing fashion model for a picture.  

No kidding. Schools should make it a big thing to try to draw interest, but totally missed the mark here. 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd guess that'll be mid-August along with the roll-out of logo apparel. 

I thought Bubba said no silver helmet this year or are you just referring to the updated green one? Also, heard the logo will only be on one side as they didn't want to flip it. 

• Upvote 1

The updated green is what I'm referring to when I say mid-August. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a single-sider but I will repeat what I said above:

Given no grey helmets this year, I'd like to see them come up with a green helmet with just the hawk (no ND behind it) but have the hawk oversized on the helmet like the alternate Boise State helmets. 

boisestate1pg-vertical.jpg

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The updated green is what I'm referring to when I say mid-August. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a single-sider but I will repeat what I said above:

boisestate1pg-vertical.jpg

Wouldn't mind that but at least have the number on the other side. 

i'm not a fan of the hawk head by itself.  It ends up with that squared off corner at the base of the black swoosh that makes

it just look like it's cropped out or that something is missing.

I wonder if SME will provide a "hawk only" option in their full suite of logos.

• Upvote 1