SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Not sure if this has been posted but game worn UND football jerseys are on sale at the SiouxShop for $40 iirc.

Nice deal, but I just wish UND marketing, or whoever is behind merchandise development, would make replica Adidas jerseys available. Green, possibly even gray and/or white, Adidas replicas - equivalent to what the team wears now - would be a nice selling item. Frustrating that UND can't get that done. I'm sure there's certain details limiting this. NDSU has a huge line of their replica Nike football jerseys available, in all colors too I might add. If UND could make that available, it would help a bit. I know quite a few people interested in having a jersey "like UND actually wears". 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nice deal, but I just wish UND marketing, or whoever is behind merchandise development, would make replica Adidas jerseys available. Green, possibly even gray and/or white, Adidas replicas - equivalent to what the team wears now - would be a nice selling item. Frustrating that UND can't get that done. I'm sure there's certain details limiting this. NDSU has a huge line of their replica Nike football jerseys available, in all colors too I might add. If UND could make that available, it would help a bit. I know quite a few people interested in having a jersey "like UND actually wears". 

Same with their warmups and hats.  The team hats are the only Fighting Hawk hats that actually look good.  

The only way I would want white helmets would be as part of throwback unis to the "60"s. White helmet with single green center stripe and numbers on the side. There, I've dated myself.

36 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It obviously has to do with the number of jerseys UND or the Siouxshop would have to order to be profitable.  They can buy 500 UND hockey jerseys and have no problem selling them.  Not necessarily the same case for football jerseys.  The demand is really unknown.  I think there would be a lot of people that would buy a replica football jersey for 80 bucks or so.  Problem is, if the Siouxshop orders 500 and 100 sell, then they are stuck with the rest.  Here's to hoping the success and interest in UND football increases and a demand for replica jerseys goes up!!

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It obviously has to do with the number of jerseys UND or the Siouxshop would have to order to be profitable.  They can buy 500 UND hockey jerseys and have no problem selling them.  Not necessarily the same case for football jerseys.  The demand is really unknown.  I think there would be a lot of people that would buy a replica football jersey for 80 bucks or so.  Problem is, if the Siouxshop orders 500 and 100 sell, then they are stuck with the rest.  Here's to hoping the success and interest in UND football increases and a demand for replica jerseys goes up!!

They will never know unless they order.  I was there last week and stopped in before leaving town.  I would have scooped up a couple for the kids if they had them.  

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND needs to sample the interest. Order only the amount they expect to sell (100 or so) and observe the actual demand. 

When I first saw the grey helmet I thought it looked pretty good.  However I think getting a white helmet instead of a grey would have been better.  White helmet with the grey jerseys would look really good.  All grey everything will likely be too much grey.  The white helmet would really make the logo stand out, and it would look good with almost any uniform color combination.  

• Upvote 2

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 11:23 AM, siouxfan512 said:

I would like to see some updated mini helmets. I'd consider getting one for me desk at work. In addition to the football ones, they should design a mini goalie helmet. Again I would consider getting one for my desk at work, or for my mini bar at home.

You mean with the Hawks logo for the football helmet? I noticed at Scheels they had the interlocking ND with a flat green finish so those are somewhat up to date. I'm sure in a year or so they'll be out....I had the same thought about mini goalie und helmets also while at Scheels admiring the Wild ones.....you listening siouxshop?! It's pretty much a no brainer! (Hopefully they leave anything hawks related off it though....oh maybe a dacotah legacy collection one!:D)

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Kids size by chance?

Didn't look over in that section to be honest.

15 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Any green ones?

I believe just the game used ones but I could be wrong, just noticed the grey ones on my way out. Didn't look that close but it looks like the number was 1 on them.