SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

43 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I am not a fan of the green on green, even with the white boarder. Blends in too much.

Either way, I will still attempt to come up to GFK for a weekend to see football and hockey.

I have a feeling that we will be seeing the gray helmets this year.  Remember when this picture came out?  They have the gray helmets.  Why wouldn't they use them?!!  

grayhelmet.JPG

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I have a feeling that we will be seeing the gray helmets this year.  Remember when this picture came out?  They have the gray helmets.  Why wouldn't they use them?!!  

Maybe they have some gray helmets, but not enough for the whole team.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Still not a fan of the logo by any means but as long as it is on just one side of the helmet where I only have to see it for a half of each game I can live with it.  I would still prefer the ND on the helmet.

Love it! Half the game, LOL! 

I'm with you on the interlocking ND. It's what I grew up with. That has always been UND to me. I even have one of these vintage bad boys hanging in the man cave.

IMG_20160802_162649299.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

I'm with you on the interlocking ND. It's what I grew up with. That has always been UND to me. I even have one of these vintage bad boys hanging in the man cave.

I like it!!  Can you tell?

4 hours ago, Tangolou said:

My dad had one of these hanging in his office at work and I was always jealous.  He retired a number of years ago and I now have it hanging in my work office.  

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

newlid.jpg

8 hours ago, southpaw said:

The numbers look like Nascar numbers. Not a big fan of those. I like the logo

I actually like the logo on the one side but agree 100% on the NASCAR numbers.  That font looks silly with the totally different font on the jersey.  I'll give the helmet standing by itself a B grade.  Not bad.  

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure those numbers are from the same font that SME designed for the wordmarks. I can't find the guidelines that showed the numbers but the 9's have the same little cut-in that the letters have. Maybe they look a little off to some because of being on the rounded helmet?  Once the new jerseys are ordered, the fonts will match. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, southpaw said:

The numbers look like Nascar numbers. Not a big fan of those. I like the logo

I like the idea for the numbers on the side, but I was hoping the numbers would be just slightly smaller......and gone with the same type of font as the interlocking ND had....if that is possibly.  I'm not totally thrilled with the font, but I didn't at all like the font on the SDSU helmet from the one picture that somebody posted earlier. 

I do think the logo does actually look pretty good on the side of the helmet!

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

grayhelmet.JPG

Just when I was thinking the new logo actually looked pretty good on the side of the helmet........then I see this.....still think the interlocking ND looked great on the side of the helmet.  I get Bubba going with the new logo on the side of the helmet to try and help us move on....I think the new helmets look good......as long as I don't see the old helmets next to it :) 

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'm pretty sure those numbers are from the same font that SME designed for the wordmarks. I can't find the guidelines that showed the numbers but the 9's have the same little cut-in that the letters have. Maybe they look a little off to some because of being on the rounded helmet?  Once the new jerseys are ordered, the fonts will match. 

Stickers aren't that expensive.  Couldn't they have have gone with the old font this year for the helmet stickers and waited to break out the new font until the jersey numbers matched?  I guess I need to see the helmet with the jersey to see how noticeable it is.   Now that somebody mentioned how the helmet numbers looked like Nascar numbers, that's all I can see when I look at it.  I'm skeptical how that font will look for the numbers on the actual jersey.  

14 minutes ago, mksioux said:

Stickers aren't that expensive.  Couldn't they have have gone with the old font this year for the helmet stickers and waited to break out the new font until the jersey numbers matched?  I guess I need to see the helmet with the jersey to see how noticeable it is.   Now that somebody mentioned how the helmet numbers looked like Nascar numbers, that's all I can see when I look at it.  I'm skeptical how that font will look for the numbers on the actual jersey.  

Football jerseys used to be the same block lettering for decades.  I like how teams are changing it up.  Look at the Minnesota Vikings.  They have their own font for their wordmark and for their numbers as well.  Breaks up the monotony of the same old thing.  Mixing it up with something new is refreshing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Football jerseys used to be the same block lettering for decades.  I like how teams are changing it up.  Look at the Minnesota Vikings.  They have their own font for their wordmark and for their numbers as well.  Breaks up the monotony of the same old thing.  Mixing it up with something new is refreshing. 

Adrian+Peterson+Brett+Favre+Minnesota+Vi

Yea, remember when the Minnesota Vikings thought that THIS was "mixing it up" and "refreshing."  NO THANKS!  

• Upvote 2