SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 football uniforms

77iceman

22 hours ago, southpaw said:

The numbers look like Nascar numbers. Not a big fan of those. I like the logo

So everyone has to use the font (courier) that's used for Nebraska's "N" and Alabama's numbers since Tom Osborne and Bear Bryant roamed the fields? 

Dare I point out that NAU used their new font for their numbers? 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So everyone has to use the font (courier) that's used for Nebraska's "N" and Alabama's numbers since Tom Osborne and Bear Bryant roamed the fields? 

Yes and yes.  And Notre Dame can go back to their blue, white, and special occasion green uniforms only.  Michigan stays the same too.  Oregon can be grandfathered in and do whatever the he** they want.  Everyone else, get rid of the chrome helmets and 3,247 jersey/pant combinations.  Please.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Yes and yes.  And Notre Dame can go back to their blue, white, and special occasion green uniforms only.  Michigan stays the same too.  Oregon can be grandfathered in and do whatever the he** they want.  Everyone else, get rid of the chrome helmets and 3,247 jersey/pant combinations.  Please.  

How many teams actually have kept their unis  consistent in the past? We've had a huge variety going back to the 1800's. Bama pen st nebraska and Michigan are exceptions. Now that I think of it there's a throwback Und jersey that is on that alerus sideline decal that would be pretty sweet.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How many teams actually have kept their unis  consistent in the past? We've had a huge variety going back to the 1800's. Bama pen st nebraska and Michigan are exceptions. Now that I think of it there's a throwback Und jersey that is on that alerus sideline decal that would be pretty sweet.

:lol:  Going back to the 1800's?  For real?  Who has kept their uniforms relatively the same over the past 40-50 years?  Oh, I don't know, maybe Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Florida State, USC, UCLA, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin... 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

:lol:  Going back to the 1800's?  For real?  Who has kept their uniforms relatively the same over the past 40-50 years?  Oh, I don't know, maybe Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Florida State, USC, UCLA, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin... 

You lost all uniform credibility by saying Texas A&M

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea it was like 1893 or something

3 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:
3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, ... no. You'd start verging into "what the heck is that" messes like this

I guess that would be one extreme...or it would look just like the new und helmet posted above but a interlocking ND instead of the numbers because "all after all the symbol of the team is more important than the individual players."

54 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I guess that would be one extreme...or it would look just like the new und helmet posted above but a interlocking ND instead of the numbers because "all after all the symbol of the team is more important than the individual players."

Player numbers are always on the helmet to keep track of whose helmet is whose. It's not like the guys' names are on the helmet

11 minutes ago, DaveK said:

If consequences are the price of maintaining integrity by forever preserving tradition, then said consequences become the price worth paying in my opinion. It is a crime that it ever got to that point, but that is a completely different conversation altogether.

Agreed.  I'm pretty upset the Gophers ruined tradition and got away from this logo:

9072_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-197

and why did they get rid of these jerseys? Apparently tradition means nothing at your beloved U!

8569331_orig.jpg

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, DaveK said:

If consequences are the price of maintaining integrity by forever preserving tradition, then said consequences become the price worth paying in my opinion. It is a crime that it ever got to that point, but that is a completely different conversation altogether.

But you were fine with destroying tradition with the Fighting Sioux nickname which replaced the Sioux nickname which replaced the Flickertails nickname.