283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2848.gif66395011978.gif124.gif406.gif1256.gifuig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Two "iconic" college logos (in terms of football and basketball) along with the logos of the premier teams in each of the four professional sports in North America...two questions for you:

#1)  How many of these do you look at (without taking history, championships and team reputation into account) and think "WOW!  That's a great logo!"?

#2)  How many of these logos do you think will be changed within your lifetime? 

29 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

2848.gif66395011978.gif124.gif406.gif1256.gifuig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif

Two "iconic" college logos (in terms of football and basketball) along with the logos of the premier teams in each of the four professional sports in North America...two questions for you:

#1)  How many of these do you look at (without taking history, championships and team reputation into account) and think "WOW!  That's a great logo!"?

#2)  How many of these logos do you think will be changed within your lifetime? 

Surprised you could think of any non hockey logos.....

anyway, I've always been a fan of the Cowboys and Habs logos even though I absolutly hate the teams. I'm partial to the U because Sean Taylor was probably my favorite football player ever.  The others are very meh. The lakers and Yankees logos would get absolutly !@#$ on by most fans if they were newly released. 

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Sure is. It's funny to me because it think that logo is easily the worst one that's been released. It's really terrible composition.

image.jpg

If I look at this long enough I can see a Roughrider and his horse.  Dang it, what a missed opportunity!!!!

On 6/30/2016 at 8:56 AM, UND99 said:

HawkLogo2.JPG

This is a major improvement

On 6/30/2016 at 10:13 AM, The Sicatoka said:

One person's plain is another person's clean and simple. 

me (on the clean and simple)

22 hours ago, sprig said:

Black would have made a better first impression.  The one Ed wore is damn ugly.  Hope none of those are in the siouxshop.  They could pay me to wear one,  but I'd wear it inside out. 

This made me laugh out loud

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

Saw on the news yesterday, a gf print shop is producing one of the logos that's been posted here.

My phone, this forum, and pasting links don't go together. 

That logo is no better than the one UND rolled out, IMO

No thanks . . . that's just totally NOT supporting your team.  Wearing old Sioux gear at least makes sense, but buying new product that has a made up logo that only represents the "i want my own way" attitude of a four year old just seams lame.

My opinion.  

That said, it's a cool logo.  It just holds zero meaning.

• Upvote 2

Out in Big Sky, MT on vacation. Went into Bozeman yesterday and was wearing my 2016 UND National Championship t-shirt. Had nothing F-N Hawks on it. 4 different people throughout the course of the day basically came up to me and said the new nickname is bad but the logo is worse. "Go Cats" stuff was everywhere in town.

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Out in Big Sky, MT on vacation. Went into Bozeman yesterday and was wearing my 2016 UND National Championship t-shirt. Had nothing F-N Hawks on it. 4 different people throughout the course of the day basically came up to me and said the new nickname is bad but the logo is worse. "Go Cats" stuff was everywhere in town.

Cool story.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Probably hockey only Cats fans.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sn72p8kqamc5dcr539e8lrklk.gif

did there awesome logo cost 50k too...

The logo didn't cost 50K, for the last time.  The entire package did and they haven't released it yet.  

IIRC, the other bids were very similar or higher, right?

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

The logo didn't cost 50K, for the last time.  The entire package did and they haven't released it yet.  

IIRC, the other bids were very similar or higher, right?

im on your side...ours is just as unoriginal as theirs is...hawks+cats=pc safe

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The bobcat logo is pretty blah but so are most logos.  The thing that makes the bobcat logo cool is that it's completely accepted by their fan base and alumni as cool.  We may get there one day with our f'n hawk logo but it seems a long ways away right now