283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Is there a white outline on the current logo?

There is not.  But, they are apparently in the works of making slight modifications to use it in multiple applications.  I have heard that adding a white border to be able to use it with a black or green background is one of the possibilities.  

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There is not.  But, they are apparently in the works of making slight modifications to use it in multiple applications.  I have heard that adding a white border to be able to use it with a black or green background is one of the possibilities.  

Where is everyone getting this that there is going to be slight modifications to the logo? From my understanding, Mr Ed has made it clear that this logo is it and no changes are coming forth. 

6 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Where is everyone getting this that there is going to be slight modifications to the logo? From my understanding, Mr Ed has made it clear that this logo is it and no changes are coming forth. 

I have heard from a source within the UND athletic department that they are making slight modifications only in regards to adding borders to accommodate using the logo on different background colors.  As far as the logo itself, you are correct. It is not changing.

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This would be great.  Even better if they just take 77iceman's version and call it a day.

31 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I don't care if the nickname is new or old, I would rather see the name of the school promoted first and foremost. The nickname is secondary. You apparently like the idea of adding insult to injury by shoving this hated new nickname in the faces of longtime Fighting Sioux fans. I don't agree with you, but I get where you're coming from.

So wait, you want the name of the school promoted first and foremost but then you rail against UND for dropping the Fighting Sioux nickname even though a nickname is secondary. I'm also pretty sure you swore off supporting UND if they dropped the Fighting Sioux nickname because if they changed nicknames they would be a completely different team than what you supported even though the University of North Dakota didn't change and the name the school is the most important (since it should be promoted first and foremost). Do you ever get dizzy spinning yourself in circles with your nonsense?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

It's a big, plain, all white bird with barely discernible, subtle features.   Thus, the dove label.  

You do realize that they are using green and white in the logo because those are our colors right?  What do you suggest....brown?!!  Yeah that would look great!!! :)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, mksioux said:

I guess I must be pretty dense then.  Most schools have a letter logo and a nickname logo.  Repeat: most schools have two athletic logos, not one.  Just because UND adopted a new nickname and was forced to drop its nickname logo does not mean it had to scrap its letter logo, variations of which it has been using for over 100 years.  Even as beloved as the Sioux logos were, none of them were ever UND's sole athletic logo.    

Even if the company recommended a single logo, the University didn't have to go along with it.  This isn't a corporation rolling out a new marketing campaign, it's a University, where a lot of people care about quaint ideas like tradition and continuity.  With all the changes in recent years, it would have been nice, even prudent, to have one symbol remain.

Apparently you are pretty dense because I was responding to the notion that UND only had to keep the old ND and NOT roll out a new logo.  

So it would be New "Hawks" - Old Logo.  Which is stupid.

Now if you read back a bit I state they certainly could/should have kept the ND logo for a secondary look.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

So wait, you want the name of the school promoted first and foremost but then you rail against UND for dropping the Fighting Sioux nickname even though a nickname is secondary. I'm also pretty sure you swore off supporting UND if they dropped the Fighting Sioux nickname because if they changed nicknames they would be a completely different team than what you supported even though the University of North Dakota didn't change and the name the school is the most important (since it should be promoted first and foremost). Do you ever get dizzy spinning yourself in circles with your nonsense?

Seems like poor DaveK is long on emotion and short on reason.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, mksioux said:

Even if the company recommended a single logo, the University didn't have to go along with it.  This isn't a corporation rolling out a new marketing campaign, it's a University, where a lot of people care about quaint ideas like tradition and continuity.  With all the changes in recent years, it would have been nice, even prudent, to have one symbol remain.

Perfect comment. "where a lot of people care about quaint ideas like tradition and continuity."  

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You do realize that they are using green and white in the logo because those are our colors right?  What do you suggest....brown?!!  Yeah that would look great!!! :)

How about a green bird?  Or green and white, and/or with some other color accents?  

trying to make it an all in one, one colored bird + initials logo, on a green background, was asinine.    

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

How about a green bird?  Or green and white, and/or with some other color accents?  

trying to make it an all in one, one colored bird + initials logo, on a green background, was asinine.    

That moment when you realize a logo on a shirt looks stupid....

6.22.16_-_und_logo_unveil_-6_1.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Seems like poor DaveK is long on emotion and short on reason.  

No, they are right.  UND only needed to keep the "ND" and call ourselves Hawks. 

That would have really 'wowed' the masses and this thread would be dead. 

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Memphis did a nice job.  Detail, three colors on tiger, action pose lunging over the M.  A white outline as opposed to no outline.  Well done. 

Hey look I can see the blue M on a blue background....

Sme: "oh you want a logo that'll show up on a green background?! You should have asked for the deluxe package...we'll get back to you with that price."

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well, I guess we could have gone with this and made at least some people happy!!

Nodakblack.jpg

I would have been satisfied with this.  And add Nodak Nation.  However, back to reality.  We are just a plain, lame bird.

• Upvote 1