283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They should've rolled it out on a black shirt. 

Black would have made a better first impression.  The one Ed wore is damn ugly.  Hope none of those are in the siouxshop.  They could pay me to wear one,  but I'd wear it inside out. 

Edited by sprig
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Starting to settle in for ya, finally?  Nah, maybe a couple more  "that would have better than we got".  

This forum is a place to vent. FH name and logo is just so bad.  I am in the FS forever crowd now and not going to wear anything with this garbage on it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Memphis did a nice job.  Detail, three colors on tiger, action pose lunging over the M.  A white outline as opposed to no outline.  Well done. 

What UND rolled out:
- three colors
- forward action (the feathers infer motion, admittedly not as much as the tiger)
- so no outline (want to bet if what hits shelves in August has an outline?)

There's only one thing that Ed could've rolled out that wouldn't have been wrong; and it would've been wrong. 

to all the people that voted either for nodaks or hawks...what did you think your logo was gonna look like?  at least with roughriders you knew what you were gonna get...

you voted for a hawk and this what you get...and worse if you voted for nodak you would probably get something ambiguous like this...2465.gif

6 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Memphis did a nice job.  Detail, three colors on tiger, action pose lunging over the M.  A white outline as opposed to no outline.  Well done. 

LOLWUT?  

That tiger looks like he just walked into mom and pop's bedroom and busted 'em in the act.  Surprise-face!

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

What UND rolled out:
- three colors
- forward action (the feathers infer motion, admittedly not as much as the tiger)
- so no outline (want to bet if what hits shelves in August has an outline?)

There's only one thing that Ed could've rolled out that wouldn't have been wrong; and it would've been wrong. 

-The bird is one color with zero detail except for a couple of black eyes. 

-How do the feathers infer motion?  All we got is the bird head.  It's two dimensional. Looks like a bird mugshot.  

-having the ND in green and doubling as the background is problematic.  

-it is the worst attempt I have seen at a new logo.  I would buy and wear any of the other logos that were drawn up and posted on Sioux sports over the last several months.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I would buy and wear any of the other logos that were drawn up and posted on Sioux sports over the last several months.

Saw on the news yesterday, a gf print shop is producing one of the logos that's been posted here.

My phone, this forum, and pasting links don't go together.