283 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the new Fighting Hawks logo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

22 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

For some reason I detect some stark differences between those o's...... O yea, they're all very different font and different colors. Kinda like the interloc....... O yea those are the same colors and the old ones were damn near identical.

exactly...und v und...green and white v green white...unless we we went with burnt orange and brown it was time to move on...i see my small undsports.com icon on chrome just switched to the new logo...one thing i think we forget about, including me, is the experts know how a logo looks large, small, and inbetween...my very small nd hawk logo on chrome is must more distinguishable than the old interlocking nd logo...just saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Really? Since when are blue and green the same color and how are those even remotely close to the same font? Based on your ridiculous argument, those four schools with the letter O are sharing the same exact logo. You people amaze me. Excuse me now while I bash my head against the wall. It appears we have sunk to a new depth of ignorance here.

2553.gif

8741_north_dakota_fighting_sioux-alterna

So you found exactly one example of each and that is supposed to prove your point?  Notre Dame uses a suite of varying interlocking ND marks and several color combinations, including "Irish Green."  And not every iteration of product is full color or even high resolution.  Who's being ignorant? 

notre_dame_logo_sheet.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Really? Since when are blue and green the same color and how are those even remotely close to the same font? Based on your ridiculous argument, those four schools with the letter O are sharing the same exact logo. You people amaze me. Excuse me now while I bash my head against the wall. It appears we have sunk to a new depth of ignorance here.

2553.gif

If you remove the north Dakota script below the ND 98% of all Americans will think oh Notre Dame has a new logo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, DaveK said:

2553.gif

The old UND one is what im talking about. Also when people think Notre Dame they think green. You just posted the new one and ended up with zero straws in your hand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Notre Dame's PRIMARY colors are navy blue and gold. The green variations are alternate secondary logos, which is a fact that renders your point moot. However, if you insist on using UND's primary color being the same as Notre Dame's alternate... as lame as that argument is, I can destroy that one as well.

Here you go...

7501_michigan_wolverines-primary-2012.pn

2933_minnesota_golden_gophers-alternate-

Uh oh, Michigan and Minnesota both use the letter M as a logo. Uh oh, they're both yellow. I guess one of them better change. :silly:

SO FOOLISH!!!

;)

By law, North Dakota had to have the words "North Dakota" near the interlocked ND any time it was used. Thus, the law recognized that the mark, and recognition by the average observer, was for "Our Lady of South Bend" if North Dakota had to specify and clarify when it was using it. 

As I've already said, anecdotally, during the national championship game, while the ND with "North Dakota" on it (shoulder patch) was displayed on television, I had someone in a pub ask me who Notre Dame was playing. < facepalm > 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DaveK said:

THANK YOU!!! I am so sick and tired of this mentality about not using the ND logo because of Notre Dame. That mindset annoys me almost as much as the war on Native American based nicknames and logos.

So let me get straight, first UND was stupid to replace the Indian head with the interlocking ND. Now they're stupid because they replaced the interlocking ND. Ok

20 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

So let me get straight, first UND was stupid to replace the Indian head with the interlocking ND. Now they're stupid because they replaced the interlocking ND. Ok

Umm. cool cartoon and all but you are being a little disingenuos

19 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The logo will not appear on the front of the jersey, as shown in the presentation.  I think we can all agree that the most likely place for it on the jersey is on the shoulder. (Might see it on the helmets as well).  Wondering if theya re going to do a new jersey with the new script SME developed?  Or will they just stay with what they got.  

The jerseys for next year have long ago been ordered. They will be the exact same as this past season. I suppose in theory they could add a shoulder patch, but I doubt they will. Will be interesting to see what happens in two seasons time.

5 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

The jerseys for next year have long ago been ordered. They will be the exact same as this past season. I suppose in theory they could add a shoulder patch, but I doubt they will. Will be interesting to see what happens in two seasons time.

You mean like a cleaned up (finalized) logo, and maybe a secondary mark, that's been around for more than a week?

3 minutes ago, UND99 said:

HawkLogo2.JPG

I like that the "N" is really an "N" now because the top right piece is clearly defined. (I'm still not sold on the bottom right part of the "N" -- don't need that point.) 

Can the "D" be made into a real "D" with a center hole? 

I have heard form a reliable source inside UND athletics that they are in the process of making slight modifications to the logo.  Mainly adding a border in order to use it on a green background.  The modifications WILL NOT include making the wing tips black, as shown in this latest modification.

1 hour ago, UND99 said:

HawkLogo2.JPG

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I like that the "N" is really an "N" now because the top right piece is clearly defined. (I'm still not sold on the bottom right part of the "N" -- don't need that point.) 

Can the "D" be made into a real "D" with a center hole? 

Its better but the hawk, if that's what you call it, is still so plain compared to the other ones people have come up with

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I have heard form a reliable source inside UND athletics that they are in the process of making slight modifications to the logo.  Mainly adding a border in order to use it on a green background.  The modifications WILL NOT include making the wing tips black, as shown in this latest modification.

They have always planned on having different variations for different backgrounds.  Just want to make it clear that there are no "modifications" being done.  The logo was decided on, and released, while Schafer was President so Kennedy would hopefully not have to deal with any of it.

12 hours ago, DaveK said:

To those of you who continue clinging to the silly argument that getting rid of the ND logo is a good move because that is Notre Dame's logo, I challenge you to tell me how that is any different than Minnesota and Michigan both using a simple letter M as their primary logo. Before somebody gives the predictable answer about Michigan's M being a different font than Minnesota's M, I will spare you the humiliation of being the one to play that card. North Dakota's ND logo was a different font than Notre Dame's ND logo. So I'm giving you a freebie on strike one. It is literally impossible to come up with a rational argument defending this absurd mentality.

Make a lot of trips outside of North Dakota, Minnesota and South Dakota, Dave? Happen to be a coach, athlete or SID for UND that travels across the country and gets questions about Notre Dame constantly? Those are the people this affects the most, not us fans.  There is a lot of similarity to the UND/ND logos and the UM/UM logos, but just because the latter looks similar does mean the former should also look similar.

Since I work for a school that has hosted both UND and Notre Dame in the last several years, I've had to point out to the in-house graphics people that the Notre Dame logo they have on the board is not the correct logo for UND.  If people who work in athletics can't even tell the difference, how can the average fan?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Its better but the hawk, if that's what you call it, is still so plain compared to the other ones people have come up with

One person's plain is another person's clean and simple. 

• Upvote 1