SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So siouxsports.com is a "sanctuary city" for bisonville posters now?!! :lol:

Other than this little spat with Darrell he is a pretty good poster. There are plenty of other bison posters who come to mind as annoying trolls so 06 doesn't bother me on bit.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

The best part of Bisonville is Tony.  After all the lies and BS he lets go on there, he repeatedly states this:  "Standards of ethics are universal" and tells all that a member (only UND fans) must post their sources after making a statement or they will "get banned".  

and Bizon trolls are over here and complaining? Should of never taught then how.

trolling26.gif

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Richmond was a legitimate team, and if you were at the game UND you would realize they definitely stole a win against UND. UND beat themselves that day, no doubt about it. I feel like even Richmond fans would agree that they were the lesser, and pretty much every bounce went there way in the 2nd half to make that come back possible. Without that momentum swing on the punt penalty it easily could have kept snow balling to a 35+ point blow out. Great teams don't let that happen, but I still think UND showed they were worth their #7 ranking when they were piss pounding Richmond at will. 

As for other Big Sky loses, I agree that Cal Poly was very much so in the disadvantage due to the weather in their game. They crushed that team earlier in the season, and weren't able to do what they do best during a mud fest. Small quick O-line men that love to pull and sprint don't fair so well in a nose to nose, lb vs lb muddy wrestling match. 

Thanks for the response.

To your first point, I agree Richmond was a legitimate team, but as has been said on here literally thousands of times, there are no moral victories in football.

There are so many ifs and momentum conversation surrounding games. I believe you when you say that if not for that one play UND might blow them out, I've played in games where I felt like one fluky type play changed the complexion of game completely and then things spiraled out of control. But at the end of the day when evaluating a season, W's and L's are the only stats that really count for anything. I think most would agree. So when it gets said that if not for a couple of plays UND might have run the table this year, it's just as easy to say that a couple of plays going the other way and UND goes 7-4 again and might be on the outside looking in on the playoffs. Also, to play devil's advocate further, it's important to remember that Richmond was playing with their 3rd string QB who was starting his second game ever, I believe.

Look, in reading back on a few of my posts these past couple of days, I realize that I've come across as really downplaying UND's success this year. I was actually very impressed with UND at times this year, I feel like the defense was very good and the offense complimented the defense very well.

Where I have questions, and I figured many of you would to which is why I asked the question, is when looking at your regular season schedule and realizing the only two "signature wins" on that schedule were against teams who laid an egg in the playoffs, does that give you doubts on how far UND had come? Pretty harmless question, but once a question is asked, people tend to be offended by the context of the question. Like I was somehow trying to belittle UND's success and worse yet from a Bison fan. The truth is I do that every year when teams make the playoffs, even NDSU. Given how college football is set up, meaning the majority of a team's games are in conference, it can be easy for a team to look either better or sometimes worse than they were depending on the relative strength of the conference. The tough part is, you don't know how solid your conference is until the playoffs most years.

Anyway, bottom line, I was impressed with UND this year as were many others. My only hesitation is, given how the Big Sky performed in the playoffs, maybe UND isn't as far down the road to competing for championships as many believe. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but the good news is we won't have to wonder. Next year will tell the story more completely. Schedule is a bit tougher and then the playoffs are the ultimate equalizer. FCS football is great compared to the pretend playoff the FBS has.

Sorry for the long post, doing my best to respond since I contributed to starting the firestorm this weekend.

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

All teams match up against other teams differently. UND could have beat EWU and EWU could have beat UND by 70...we will never know because they didn't play. You're speaking like a true Bizon fan right now...mastering predictions by comparing scores. 

"NDSU beat Iowa and Iowa beat Michigan so 'we' could beat everyone that Michigan beat this year"   Heard that one this season. Always entertaining logic from the extremely knowledgeable Bizon football fans! 

Every team's fans claim victories like that, in fact there is a whole website set up to be able to do that.

Nobody who knows even the smallest bit about football is serious when they bring up those conversation. It's just for fun.

2 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Getting back on topic of the thread-- Just want to summarize, go on a correction rant and even give a little props to NDSU and their season as it went much better than it could have IMO. 

Bison 06---True or false, NDSU had 4 games that could've easily went either way during the regular season? Do you think NDSU was lucky to come out 3-1 in those games? IMO I think they were. Their playoff spot or playoffs at all could have looked much more sour if things would have played out differently in those 4 close games. Not to mention winning some of those vs losing some of those also could have had a ripple effect on the rest of their season. 

1. NDSU beating Charleston due to the Charleston kicker missing a last second game winning FG which forced OT. That gave NDSU another chance and they redeem themselves.

2. NDSU beating EWU due to the EWU kicker missing a last second game winning FG which forced OT. That again gave NDSU a chance to redeem themselves. Another play most NDSU fans forget about in that game was the 80 yard TD reception called off on EWU which turned into 7 pts for NDSU during a pivotal moment late in the 3rd. 1 of 2 TD's called off in that game on EWU I think? Bizon fans thankfully do remember that Kupp was out much of the game at least. But one thing they do NOT know, is that it IS illegal to cut block outside of the box if it is against the flow of the play. I've never heard more complaints about a certain call before in my life after that EWU game. 

Both of those were great wins by NDSU due to capitalizing when it counted...but it only happened due to the fact that they got lucky enough for their opponents to miss FG's.

3. Beating Iowa on a clutch last second FG. He could've easily missed that, but he is clutch and he nailed it in an extremely tough situation. Even if he had missed, I don't see a L in that game having any negative effects on their FCS ranking, but getting a W certainly had positive effects on it. Other than the 70 yard Iowa run being called back when the game was tied (turned into 7 pts for NDSU) there weren't many reasons why NDSU shouldn't have won that game. NDSU played better and had a clutch kicker.

4. Losing to the Jacks on a last second TD pass. It could have easily been dropped to give NDSU the W yet again, but this close game finally didn't fall in their favor.

Playoffs- Either way I think NDSU would have beat Cal Poly or SanD.

The next game they proved to be the better team than the Jacks in every way and honestly looked unstoppable after that game. But then came JMU.

JMU was without a top receiver, their leading tackler OR their best OL (replaced by the worst tackle in the history of college football)...and they still managed to pound NDSU. Things NDSU fans forget to mention when they bitch about losing that game. 1--- The list of missing players for JMU 2---30-35 yard TD called back on JMU (turned into 7 pts for NDSU) 3. Easton stick had an obvious fumble in the 3rd that they didn't even bother to review? That was pretty strange (but not really because it was NDSU they were playing) 4-- JMU was clearly better

All in all I actually found it astonishing that NDSU made it as far as they did this season. Just doing my part to help Bizon fans remember the lucky things that happened to help them along that are easily forgotten. Bizon fans remember the bad more than the good. 

I'm not sure why you are trying to make the point that NDSU was fortunate to be in the position they were this year with me. I actually agree with you.

Given that NDSU played the majority of their season without their 2 best defenders(at the two most important positions in our defense) I'd say they were very fortunate and it is a testament to the team depth that they played as well as they did. Especially given that when coming into this season, most knowledgeable Bison fans expected this year's team to be a step back from previous years.

• Upvote 1

UND Football is in a position where they know they know they left a lot of good things on the table. 

That should tell them:

(a) they're on the right path because those good things were there, and 
(b) there's more hard work to be done to get where they want to be. 

Be pleased, but not satisfied, and definitely not complacent. 

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I'm not sure why you are trying to make the point that NDSU was fortunate to be in the position they were this year with me. I actually agree with you.

Given that NDSU played the majority of their season without their 2 best defenders(at the two most important positions in our defense) I'd say they were very fortunate and it is a testament to the team depth that they played as well as they did. Especially given that when coming into this season, most knowledgeable Bison fans expected this year's team to be a step back from previous years.

I wasn't accusing you of anything or trying to drive a point through you, I was just asking if you agreed. I thought the more points I brought up, the higher chances I would have of you agreeing with me :). The remainder of my banter was directed towards typical Bizon fans and the comments I have heard from them throughout the season. And I completely agree, bounces go both ways, but sometimes fans need a reminder of the favorable bounces that are much easier to forget. ALL fans need that reminder, but from my experience NDSU fans more than others. 

And believe me I know every small and large detail behind every NDSU injury ,bad call and draw back they went through this season as it gets covered at my office daily. They went through a lot of adversity this season and fought through most of it, but they also had quite a few things out of their control go their way. Pointing these things out to each other are good for the rivalry. 

8 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Getting back on topic of the thread-- Just want to summarize, go on a correction rant and even give a little props to NDSU and their season as it went much better than it could have IMO. 

Bison 06---True or false, NDSU had 4 games that could've easily went either way during the regular season? Do you think NDSU was lucky to come out 3-1 in those games? IMO I think they were. Their playoff spot or playoffs at all could have looked much more sour if things would have played out differently in those 4 close games. Not to mention winning some of those vs losing some of those also could have had a ripple effect on the rest of their season. 

1. NDSU beating Charleston due to the Charleston kicker missing a last second game winning FG which forced OT. That gave NDSU another chance and they redeem themselves.

2. NDSU beating EWU due to the EWU kicker missing a last second game winning FG which forced OT. That again gave NDSU a chance to redeem themselves. Another play most NDSU fans forget about in that game was the 80 yard TD reception called off on EWU which turned into 7 pts for NDSU during a pivotal moment late in the 3rd. 1 of 2 TD's called off in that game on EWU I think? Bizon fans thankfully do remember that Kupp was out much of the game at least. But one thing they do NOT know, is that it IS illegal to cut block outside of the box if it is against the flow of the play. I've never heard more complaints about a certain call before in my life after that EWU game. 

Both of those were great wins by NDSU due to capitalizing when it counted...but it only happened due to the fact that they got lucky enough for their opponents to miss FG's.

3. Beating Iowa on a clutch last second FG. He could've easily missed that, but he is clutch and he nailed it in an extremely tough situation. Even if he had missed, I don't see a L in that game having any negative effects on their FCS ranking, but getting a W certainly had positive effects on it. Other than the 70 yard Iowa run being called back when the game was tied (turned into 7 pts for NDSU) there weren't many reasons why NDSU shouldn't have won that game. NDSU played better and had a clutch kicker.

4. Losing to the Jacks on a last second TD pass. It could have easily been dropped to give NDSU the W yet again, but this close game finally didn't fall in their favor.

Playoffs- Either way I think NDSU would have beat Cal Poly or SanD.

The next game they proved to be the better team than the Jacks in every way and honestly looked unstoppable after that game. But then came JMU.

JMU was without a top receiver, their leading tackler OR their best OL (replaced by the worst tackle in the history of college football)...and they still managed to pound NDSU. Things NDSU fans forget to mention when they bitch about losing that game. 1--- The list of missing players for JMU 2---30-35 yard TD called back on JMU (turned into 7 pts for NDSU) 3. Easton stick had an obvious fumble in the 3rd that they didn't even bother to review? That was pretty strange (but not really because it was NDSU they were playing) 4-- JMU was clearly better

All in all I actually found it astonishing that NDSU made it as far as they did this season. Just doing my part to help Bizon fans remember the lucky things that happened to help them along that are easily forgotten. Bizon fans remember the bad more than the good. 

I found it astonishing as well. I predicted we would drop at least 2 games this year. But this was a strange year. There were a lot of games at the end I thought ---we got away with a win in that one. There werent too many games where I felt real good after words. Then when things started coming together we started losing key players.We werent dominating the LOS is games we had the the advantage in match ups. I wont even get in to our O/C. Strange year.

14 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I found it astonishing as well. I predicted we would drop at least 2 games this year. But this was a strange year. There were a lot of games at the end I thought ---we got away with a win in that one. There werent too many games where I felt real good after words. Then when things started coming together we started losing key players.We werent dominating the LOS is games we had the the advantage in match ups. I wont even get in to our O/C. Strange year.

Pole suck leaves a lot to be desired.

Coach Flick from WMU goes to MN.  Posters on Bznvil are commenting that this rah rah rah coach ain't going to last in MN. Players will get tired of this rah rah rah, that stuff wears off fast. He's alot like Tim Brewster.

gophersports.com interview with new MN Coach Flick:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...NpW?li=BBnb7Kz

Posters are now worried Coach Klieman may end up in WMU.

I doubt it:  Remember the pre-game, fire-up, rah rah, speech the James Madison coach gave his players in the Fargo Dome at the Bizon's last game? And later, JM goes onto win the Natty?
This Fleck has a different kind of energy, which might be somewhat demanded in their next coach at WMU. Therefore, Coach Klieman shouldn't be approached, Bizon are safe.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 0:39 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You will regret saying that when Ott is feasting on Ag school QBs in 2019 and beyond. Of course, you'll have selectively forgotten by that point. 

NDSU is loaded at DE and has some excellent DE's coming in with the 2017 class, including the top DE in MN in most peoples eyes in Tanner Sundt, along with the best player in Wyoming who is also a DE. They obviously think the DE's they have coming in are better than Ott. We will eventually be able to see on the field. That is if NDSU is still in the MVFC by 2020. 

My theory is NDSU pushed for UND to get into the MVFC because the Summit really needed a 10th team and UND wouldn't/couldn't go without the MVFC invite. NDSU has no intention of being in the MVFC in 2020. They will announce either a new stadium or they will expand seating at the Fargodome by enclosing the corners to make it a bowl, increasing capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 to make an FBS move to the MWC in football only.

• Downvote 1

On 1/26/2017 at 2:40 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oh, the gap is certainly closing. By the time UND is playing NDSU regularly, the gap will be closed. Bubba and his staff have done wonders.

Go UND! 

You like to say the gap has closed. Bubba has been there 3 years, You should still be very concerned about the comment made by the Head FB Coach at Hankinson. He was quoted in the paper as saying what kid that plays football in ND doesn't dream of playing for the Bison. He didn't say playing D1 football, he said playing for the Bison. The fact that Bubba has still not beaten NDSU for a ND kid is indicative that the gap is still there and still large. 

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You like to say the gap has closed. Bubba has been there 3 years, You should still be very concerned about the comment made by the Head FB Coach at Hankinson. He was quoted in the paper as saying what kid that plays football in ND doesn't dream of playing for the Bison. He didn't say playing D1 football, he said playing for the Bison. The fact that Bubba has still not beaten NDSU for a ND kid is indicative that the gap is still there and still large. 

I am stunned a coach from the SE part of the state would say that, one who obviously likes NDSU.  Have never heard that from any other coach in my life.  

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU is loaded at DE and has some excellent DE's coming in with the 2017 class, including the top DE in MN in most peoples eyes in Tanner Sundt, along with the best player in Wyoming who is also a DE. They obviously think the DE's they have coming in are better than Ott. We will eventually be able to see on the field. That is if NDSU is still in the MVFC by 2020. 

My theory is NDSU pushed for UND to get into the MVFC because the Summit really needed a 10th team and UND wouldn't/couldn't go without the MVFC invite. NDSU has no intention of being in the MVFC in 2020. They will announce either a new stadium or they will expand seating at the Fargodome by enclosing the corners to make it a bowl, increasing capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 to make an FBS move to the MWC in football only.

34 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You trying to "one-up" Bison Dan or what?

Good job bud.  Thumbs up.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

How will they pay for any of this?

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Hitting the sauce a little hard on a Sunday? 

Zero chance of expanding the fargodome how you described and with state budget cuts, FargoU had no chance of paying for its own stadium. The city of Fargo isn't chipping in, the fargodome meets their needs. Not to mention either of those would have been at least announced by now to be in place by the 2020 season. And what in the hell benefit would the Mountain West get out of that kind of arrangement? 

• Upvote 3