SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Hitting the sauce a little hard on a Sunday? 

Zero chance of expanding the fargodome how you described and with state budget cuts, FargoU had no chance of paying for its own stadium. The city of Fargo isn't chipping in, the fargodome meets their needs. Not to mention either of those would have been at least announced by now to be in place by the 2020 season. And what in the hell benefit would the Mountain West get out of that kind of arrangement? 

Remember the jokes FU fans made about UND being the outlier in the Big Sky?  They may want to go back and look at a Mountain West conference map.  Nothing speaks Mountain West like red river valley.  It's only 800 miles from Fargo to Larimie, schools trying to save every penny they can would love that travel partnership.    

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

You like to say the gap has closed. Bubba has been there 3 years, You should still be very concerned about the comment made by the Head FB Coach at Hankinson. He was quoted in the paper as saying what kid that plays football in ND doesn't dream of playing for the Bison. He didn't say playing D1 football, he said playing for the Bison. The fact that Bubba has still not beaten NDSU for a ND kid is indicative that the gap is still there and still large. 

You just have to go back a month ago and Johannasen chose UND over an offer from NDSU too.  What a memory you have.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, homer said:

Remember the jokes FU fans made about UND being the outlier in the Big Sky?  They may want to go back and look at a Mountain West conference map.  Nothing speaks Mountain West like red river valley.  It's only 800 miles from Fargo to Larimie, schools trying to save every penny they can would love that travel partnership.    

He said they won't be in the MVFC in 2020.  Meaning the MWC is taking them for football only.  LOL.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

He said they won't be in the MVFC in 2020.  Meaning the MWC is taking them for football only.  LOL.  

Haha.  I didn't read that right.  Thanks for clarifying.  Not sure what is funnier, the new stadium or the Fargodome expansion by 2020

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU is loaded at DE and has some excellent DE's coming in with the 2017 class, including the top DE in MN in most peoples eyes in Tanner Sundt, along with the best player in Wyoming who is also a DE. They obviously think the DE's they have coming in are better than Ott. We will eventually be able to see on the field. That is if NDSU is still in the MVFC by 2020. 

My theory is NDSU pushed for UND to get into the MVFC because the Summit really needed a 10th team and UND wouldn't/couldn't go without the MVFC invite. NDSU has no intention of being in the MVFC in 2020. They will announce either a new stadium or they will expand seating at the Fargodome by enclosing the corners to make it a bowl, increasing capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 to make an FBS move to the MWC in football only.

Great Theory! Are you pumped for the new Star Wars Movie!!

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

NDSU is loaded at DE and has some excellent DE's coming in with the 2017 class, including the top DE in MN in most peoples eyes in Tanner Sundt, along with the best player in Wyoming who is also a DE. They obviously think the DE's they have coming in are better than Ott. We will eventually be able to see on the field. That is if NDSU is still in the MVFC by 2020. 

My theory is NDSU pushed for UND to get into the MVFC because the Summit really needed a 10th team and UND wouldn't/couldn't go without the MVFC invite. NDSU has no intention of being in the MVFC in 2020. They will announce either a new stadium or they will expand seating at the Fargodome by enclosing the corners to make it a bowl, increasing capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 to make an FBS move to the MWC in football only.

You are a dreamer with this post.  The fargo dome isn't expandable.  Just ask some real engineers, it'd cost more than building new.  As to the money part,  the facility is owned by the city and they are maxed out on taxes and have flood protection expenditures staring them in the face.  The state won't pay for it.  There would be a need to raise at least another 10 million per year to go fbs and I doubt it is doable.  The MWC and sunbelt or any g5 doesn't generate enough media revenue to offset this.  I admire your optimism though

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Are you the spawn of sue volley?  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

You are a dreamer with this post.  The fargo dome isn't expandable.  Just ask some real engineers, it'd cost more than building new.  As to the money part,  the facility is owned by the city and they are maxed out on taxes and have flood protection expenditures staring them in the face.  The state won't pay for it.  There would be a need to raise at least another 10 million per year to go fbs and I doubt it is doable.  The MWC and sunbelt or any g5 doesn't generate enough media revenue to offset this.  I admire your optimism though

And even if they could expand by filling out the corners, there's no way in hell it would increase the capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 haha

14 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

And even if they could expand by filling out the corners, there's no way in hell it would increase the capacity to 26,000 to 30,000 haha

They literally can't fill the corners. The building stands on four huge legs. Guess where those huge legs are...... The corners.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Are you the spawn of sue volley?  

How many more money trees did they plant on the FU campus this year?  

He didn't even think about the woman's scholarships/sport that need to be added as well.  

Great humor for a Monday.  

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They literally can't fill the corners. The building stands on four huge legs. Guess where those huge legs are...... The corners.

So removing those "legs" would compromise the structural integrity of the building?  I think they should do that.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, homer said:

How many more money trees did they plant on the FU campus this year?  

He didn't even think about the woman's scholarships/sport that need to be added as well.  

Great humor for a Monday.  

NDSU doesn't do funding for women's sports.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I'd say the first sentence is correct. After that you're in SiouxVolleyLand.

• Upvote 1

I am some what skeptical on brescanis support for UND getting in these two conferences 

he liked it because it helped with the scheduling for basketball

my skepticism  is that he was in trouble with NDUS, this shows he was willing to collaborate with UND and it showed he could communicate this to the board

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kab said:

I am some what skeptical on brescanis support for UND getting in these two conferences 

he liked it because it helped with the scheduling for basketball

my skepticism  is that he was in trouble with NDUS, this shows he was willing to collaborate with UND and it showed he could communicate this to the board

Given recent history, that is not an unreasonable take. 

22 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

drink.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

The fire code wont allow it. Plus the corners going in and out are already pinch points. No way this happens with out severe renovations.

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The fire code wont allow it. Plus the corners going in and out are already pinch points. No way this happens with out severe renovations.

You would have to completely redo the structural system of the entire building to put seating in the corners. In other words, no corner seating unless a new stadium is constructed.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You would have to completely redo the structural system of the entire building to put seating in the corners. In other words, no corner seating unless a new stadium is constructed.

They already know it is more economically feasible to scrap it and start over to get what we need now and for the future. But thats for NDSU football. The City and the Fargo dome dont need anything bigger as they booked.

Just now, bison73 said:

They already know it is more economically feasible to scrap it and start over to get what we need now and for the future. But thats for NDSU football. The City and the Fargo dome dont need anything bigger as they booked.

What you need now is a better football team, JMU ate your lunch.