SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Well, that'll happen to even the best teams every 25 games, or so. Still, they might have won had De Luca not been injured..

A lot of things might have happened for a lot of teams but didn't. Funny that a fanbase whose team won five straight is always full of excuses for everything.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

A lot of things might have happened for a lot of teams but didn't. Funny that a fanbase whose team won five straight is always full of excuses for everything.

They could lose 70-0 to Alabama and still have excuses on why they should have won. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Air Force One said:

I would like to see the Bison play any SEC team and keep it close

They will, haven't you heard when we join the MVFC they are defecting to the SEC. They will be travel partners with Missouri. Their stadium will be known as the Kibbie Dome 2.0

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

The fire code wont allow it. Plus the corners going in and out are already pinch points. No way this happens with out severe renovations.

Raising the roof and adding a second deck would probably be cheaper. Ponder that. And a second deck would allow for the fire code concerns to be resolved as they could access it through new outdoor "walk-up spirals" that lead directly to the upper without affecting the egress of folks in lower. Again, ponder that and what it would cost.

As others have said: New construction would be more cost effective.  But then there's that little detail of money. 

On 1/29/2017 at 2:01 PM, nd1sufan said:

You like to say the gap has closed. Bubba has been there 3 years, You should still be very concerned about the comment made by the Head FB Coach at Hankinson. He was quoted in the paper as saying what kid that plays football in ND doesn't dream of playing for the Bison. He didn't say playing D1 football, he said playing for the Bison. The fact that Bubba has still not beaten NDSU for a ND kid is indicative that the gap is still there and still large. 

Well, I am afraid as soon as UND beats NDSU head-to-head or goes further in the playoffs than NDSU, the ND kids will quickly change their mind. Its not uncommon for 17 and 18 year old recruits to focus on the "what have you done for me lately" ideology. Yes, NDSU is still ahead of UND for good reason (5 consecutive national titles, for one), but that gap is not nearly as significant as you would like it to be. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, I am afraid as soon as UND beats NDSU head-to-head or goes further in the playoffs than NDSU, the ND kids will quickly change their mind. Its not uncommon for 17 and 18 year old recruits to focus on the "what have you done for me lately" ideology. Yes, NDSU is still ahead of UND for good reason (5 consecutive national titles, for one), but that gap is not nearly as significant as you would like it to be. 

Exactly, all that DII NC talk in the 80's didn't help the recruiting against us in the 90's and early 2000's. You can only use that as a recruiting tool for so long before it becomes dusty like the trophies themselves.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Exactly, all that DII NC talk in the 80's didn't help the recruiting against us in the 90's and early 2000's. You can only use that as a recruiting tool for so long before it becomes dusty like the trophies themselves.

According to ndsu fans, they never lost a recruiting battle with UND in the 90s or 00s either.  They were always the better team "on paper."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Any SEC team? 

Don't undersell FCS football so much. Many upper level FCS teams have played competitive games with the almighty SEC. 

So pick one.  Missouri and Ole Miss were the low hanging fruit this year, only two SEC teams that weren't bowl eligible this year.

32 minutes ago, Air Force One said:

So pick one.  Missouri and Ole Miss were the low hanging fruit this year, only two SEC teams that weren't bowl eligible this year.

Hmm, auburn getting taken to overtime by Jacksonville state last year comes to mind.

georgia southern also beat Florida in 2013.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Raising the roof and adding a second deck would probably be cheaper. Ponder that. And a second deck would allow for the fire code concerns to be resolved as they could access it through new outdoor "walk-up spirals" that lead directly to the upper without affecting the egress of folks in lower. Again, ponder that and what it would cost.

As others have said: New construction would be more cost effective.  But then there's that little detail of money. 

Correct. Its cheaper to scrape it and build what you want. But money is a big obstacle. And the FD makes money and the city has no reason to stop them from doing so.

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Hmm, auburn getting taken to overtime by Jacksonville state last year comes to mind.

georgia southern also beat Florida in 2013.

The Bison getting beat at home to SDSU in 2016, USD at home the season before that ranks up there with Auburn and Florida so I'm sure it's possible for you guys to beat them. 

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The Bison getting beat at home to SDSU in 2016, USD at home the season before that ranks up there with Auburn and Florida so I'm sure it's possible for you guys to beat them. 

What point are you making? The guy said he would like to see NDSU keep it close with an SEC team. Given NDSUs history with FBS teams and other high end FCS teams beating and playing competitive games with SEC teams, it's reasonable to conclude that a really good FCS team can play competitive football with FBS schools outside of the super elite programs e.g. Alabama, Ohio state, michigan(there was that one time though). I'm not just coming here saying how great NDSU is, I'm saying the top end of FCS is on par most years with any FBS school outside of the top 15-20. You can disagree if you like, but there is ample evidence supporting my assertion.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What point are you making? The guy said he would like to see NDSU keep it close with an SEC team. Given NDSUs history with FBS teams and other high end FCS teams beating and playing competitive games with SEC teams, it's reasonable to conclude that a really good FCS team can play competitive football with FBS schools outside of the super elite programs e.g. Alabama, Ohio state, michigan(there was that one time though). I'm not just coming here saying how great NDSU is, I'm saying the top end of FCS is on par most years with any FBS school outside of the top 15-20. You can disagree if you like, but there is ample evidence supporting my assertion.

Agree, I think NDSU has shown they can be competitive with most FBS teams.   What some people fail to realize is it is a lot different being competitive early in the year when injuries haven't taken their toll, than it would be late in the year, or over a full season in those leagues.  I think you are only talking about a one game shot, in which the Bison have certainly been impressive. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, tnt said:

different being competitive early in the year when injuries haven't taken their toll, then it would be late in the year.

FBS programs would have a greater advantage playing later in the year because of more scholarships and depth. Meaning it wouldn't affect them as much.

..playing early in the year means two school are on a generally level playing field as both teams don't have many injuries. If you're trying to give the FBS teams even more of an advantage besides home field and amount of scholarships, sure play later in the year.

...you give the Bison more scholarships (FBS) and home games against FBS teams, instead of always on the road, and they would have easily held their own over the course of a season the last five years.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree, I think NDSU has shown they can be competitive with most FBS teams.   What some people fail to realize is it is a lot different being competitive early in the year when injuries haven't taken their toll, then it would be late in the year, or over a full season in those leagues.  I think you are only talking about a one game shot, in which the Bison have certainly been impressive. 

Also I think most people will admit, it is easy to let up or overlook somebody when you are playing a team at a level lower than you.  For NDSU it's their Super Bowl when they play Iowa, while Iowa is looking at it as just a ho hum type of game.  It still has been impressive what NDSU has done against the FBS....not taking that away.  But I doubt Iowa had the same fire in their belly they had going up against NDSU....as they did when they played Michigan.  In my opinion that helps the upper FCS teams get some of those upsets against FBS teams.  Let's hope for some more FCS upsets over FBS this fall! 

I don't argue when it comes to NDSU's success against FBS teams - they've been superb. UND has struggled and let far too many winnable games against FBS teams slip away, including last year against a horrible Bowling Green team. Thankfully UND has one FBS win against Wyoming, which was great considering Bohl coaches there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Also I think most people will admit, it is easy to let up or overlook somebody when you are playing a team at a level lower than you.  For NDSU it's their Super Bowl when they play Iowa, while Iowa is looking at it as just a ho hum type of game.  It still has been impressive what NDSU has done against the FBS....not taking that away.  But I doubt Iowa had the same fire in their belly they had going up against NDSU....as they did when they played Michigan.  In my opinion that helps the upper FCS teams get some of those upsets against FBS teams.  Let's hope for some more FCS upsets over FBS this fall! 

Let's hope Utah already thinks the game against us is a win. I would love to knock them off!

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

#22 Tennessee, #24 Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss. So which SEC teams do you think NDSU could beat?