SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I do believe UND showed this year they are on the rise, but I think your schedule lead to a bit of overconfidence after seeing how the Big sky performed in the playoffs.

My early prediction given a tougher schedule for UND next year is 5 losses and miss the playoffs.

time will tell.

:silly:-your first sentence

:lol:-your second sentence 

• Upvote 2

Just now, darell1976 said:

:silly:-your first sentence

:lol:-your second sentence 

I guess we'all see darell. You can't tell me that the way the big sky played in the playoffs didn't make you wonder if your record this year wasn't a little inflated against poor competition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Utah, South Dakota, Montana, either Montana state or Portland state and then EWU.

Thats 6 teams, must be that NDSU math.

Utah-Pac 12 I give you that

South Dakota- UND is 4-1 vs USD and 1-1 at USD since 2008. Toss up.

Montana- at Missoula 1963 last win in Missoula. I give you that.

Montana State- UND beat them in Bozeman last year, will NOT lose to them this year at home.

Portland State- Bubba is 2-0 vs PSU including a win at PSU in 2014. UND wins

EWU- at the Alerus, last game of the year, if its near sellout crowd due to playoff implications UND wins, will be tough. 

I see maybe at most 3 losses. Utah, Montana, EWU. UND will be playoff bound, plus will be ranked in top 5 in Massey or Sagarin due to SOS just like they do to UNI.:p

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure I understand some of this.  The AC is the premier FCS program in the country right now. The media exposure, hosting playoffs etc go with it.  There is tremendous support in the region for them right now because of their success.  Comments like " it took our new coach 3 tries to make the playoffs and they made the playoffs their third year" aren't a fair comparison.  Their new coach made the playoffs his first year.  Good for them. I've said it before, we need to focus on us.  The rest will come. We made the playoffs this year, then laid an egg.  I like where we are headed but there is no excuse for the loss to Richmond.  We can fix that with recruiting and we extended Bubba's contract.  We need to be willing to tear it up and give him a better one if we continue to improve and we need to quickly improve what we pay our assistants.   We need to move past the Fighting Sioux fiasco.  Doesn't matter how we might feel as individuals, we aren't ever going to be the Fighting Sioux again. We are too slow to establish the Fighting Hawks as our brand.   It continues to cost us money when we are out front with our new name and brand. We need to fill the Alerus and upgrade our pre-game, game time and post game experience and entertainment.  With a student population of 14-15,000 we should be trying to figure out where to put everyone.   Just like the FB team we need to keep getting better as a fan base and with increased community support.  We can't afford to take a step back next fall.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Thats 6 teams, must be that NDSU math.

Utah-Pac 12 I give you that

South Dakota- UND is 4-1 vs USD and 1-1 at UND since 2008. Toss up.

Montana- at Missoula 1963 last win in Missoula. I give you that.

Montana State- UND beat them in Bozeman last year, will NOT lose to them this year at home.

Portland State- Bubba is 2-0 vs PSU including a win at PSU in 2014. UND wins

EWU- at the Alerus, last game of the year, if its near sellout crowd due to playoff implications UND wins, will be tough. 

I see maybe at most 3 losses. Utah, Montana, EWU. UND will be playoff bound, plus will be ranked in top 5 in Massey or Sagarin due to SOS just like they do to UNI.:p

That's why I said either/or Darrel. Keep up.

its all prediction at this point, so you can call me wrong if you want, but you don't know any better than I do, so what are you trying to prove?

I watched UND this year, then I watched the playoffs and how UND's "big wins" this year performed in said playoffs. Given that information, I believe this year UND was further away from being an elite team nationally than most UND fans would like to think. Am I right? Who knows. That's why they'll play the games next year.

look at UND's 2016 schedule for yourself and tell me which win showed UND is ready to compete nationally in FCS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

That's why I said either/or Darrel. Keep up.

its all prediction at this point, so you can call me wrong if you want, but you don't know any better than I do, so what are you trying to prove?

I watched UND this year, then I watched the playoffs and how UND's "big wins" this year performed in said playoffs. Given that information, I believe this year UND was further away from being an elite team nationally than most UND fans would like to think. Am I right? Who knows. That's why they'll play the games next year.

look at UND's 2016 schedule for yourself and tell me which win showed UND is ready to compete nationally in FCS.

I took your teams and broke them down. All you did is named 6 teams that are historically tough but doesn't make sense just looking at only that. Montana won 3 conference games, losing to Montana State and UNC whom UND both beat. You named Montana State who won 2 conference games which wasn't against UND in Bozeman, you named Portland State again won 2 conference games and 2 DI teams overall both bottom feeders. South Dakota hasn't had a winning record since 2011. But you only see UND at the top and automatically think we are weak. We played 5 conference teams that didn't have a losing conference record and 4 of them had winning records overall. No one said UND was an "elite" team nationally, please show that post where me or anyone said that. As for your last question, well we did beat USD at home, something you guys haven't said since 2013. We are a team on the rise, no one said we are at the top or towards the top nationally, but in the Big Sky we are a force to be taken seriously. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I took your teams and broke them down. All you did is named 6 teams that are historically tough but doesn't make sense just looking at only that. Montana won 3 conference games, losing to Montana State and UNC whom UND both beat. You named Montana State who won 2 conference games which wasn't against UND in Bozeman, you named Portland State again won 2 conference games and 2 DI teams overall both bottom feeders. South Dakota hasn't had a winning record since 2011. But you only see UND at the top and automatically think we are weak. We played 5 conference teams that didn't have a losing conference record and 4 of them had winning records overall. No one said UND was an "elite" team nationally, please show that post where me or anyone said that. As for your last question, well we did beat USD at home, something you guys haven't said since 2013. We are a team on the rise, no one said we are at the top or towards the top nationally, but in the Big Sky we are a force to be taken seriously. 

I'll ask again, who did UND beat in 2016 that makes you believe that they are ready to compete nationally?

When looking back at how the 2016 season played out, you can't help but wonder if the Big Sky was weaker than usual. And UND didn't have to play the only team that won a playoff game. 

Youre telling me that the thought hadn't crossed your mind?

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I'll ask again, who did UND beat in 2016 that makes you believe that they are ready to compete nationally?

When looking back at how the 2016 season played out, you can't help but wonder if the Big Sky was weaker than usual. And UND didn't have to play the only team that won a playoff game. 

Let's be real, Poly lost to mother nature. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

That rain storm killed their offense.

With all due respect, I believe if it didn't make UNDs win against them look better you would probably say "both teams had to play in a rainstorm that day".

im not even saying UND definitely wasn't as good as their record this year. I'm jnot st saying the big sky flopping in the playoffs and not having to play EWU, begs the questiomquestion

Just now, Bison06 said:

With all due respect, I believe if it didn't make UNDs win against them look better you would probably say "both teams had to play in a rainstorm that day".

im not even saying UND definitely wasn't as good as their record this year. I'm jnot st saying the big sky flopping in the playoffs and not having to play EWU, begs the questiomquestion

We match up really well with Poly, other teams, not so much. We don't match up with EWU well, yet. I think starting next year I'm not as afraid of them as before since we have a more legit secondary and a ground and pound offense that can take them out of rhythm. Torrential downpours tend to even the talent on the field out. UND choked bad in the playoffs. Our OL just wasn't ready. Should be the difference next year. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it, we will be very good next year. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

No. We had a good team, I know you dismiss that just like you guys dismissed our FBS win in 2015 while pumping your chests at the lower level FBS teams you guys have beaten. We could be undefeated, beat Alabama, win a national title, and you would still find flaws in our team. Like claiming NDSU has never lost a recruiting battle with UND. We know you don't like our team, we are nothing in your eyes. Just keep losing at home to those South Dakota teams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1