SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

47 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Well done Bison. Time to get a bigger football stadium.

This win does put them on the next level. I had my doubts before but now they are ready for the next level. Too bad a P5 conference wouldn't invite them. A G5 invite is not worth moving up.

is NDSU ever not lucky? I admire how they always win the close ones. Missing a two point conversion and still making a game winning field goal? Dam they are good/lucky.

this is now the biggest win in NDSU athletic history

• Upvote 1

If a fraction of these wins would have happened for UND,there would be a groundbreaking ceremony on a 35,000+ seat indoor stadium in Grand Forks and requests to join the MAC, Montain West or any fbs conference.

We also would take Volley's rants seriously.  ;)

It's hard to believe that NDSU will stay FCS now.  If they do, it says a lot about their financial support. 

• Upvote 1

The secret to NDSU's success is in their physical conditioning program.  Those guys are fit.  It was obvious prior to last season's national championship game.  While on paper their lines were both big, NDSU's guys were physically fit.  Their opponent, those guys were just fat. and some could hardly move.  I have a feeling that conditioning continues to play a huge part in their success even though you don't typically see fat guys in FBS.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

If a fraction of these wins would have happened for UND,there would be a groundbreaking ceremony on a 35,000+ seat indoor stadium in Grand Forks and requests to join the MAC, Montain West or any fbs conference.

We also would take Volley's rants seriously.  ;)

It's hard to believe that NDSU will stay FCS now.  If they do, it says a lot about their financial support. 

So, UND fans (and donors) are only willing to support their program if guaranteed success? Where is all that support, financial and otherwise, you're talking about? Put up or shut up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

23 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

So, UND fans (and donors) are only willing to support their program if guaranteed success? Where is all that support, financial and otherwise, you're talking about? Put up or shut up.

Kind of like Bison football.  They weren't selling out that building before that first National Championship.  Everybody in I meet in Fargo now tells me they're a die hard fan but can tell me who the QB was before Brock Jenson.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

No, what I am saying is that when UND programs win, the bigger $$$ comes in from large donors.  UND has them.  NDSU...not so much.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxman said:

The secret to NDSU's success is in their physical conditioning program.  Those guys are fit.  It was obvious prior to last season's national championship game.  While on paper their lines were both big, NDSU's guys were physically fit.  Their opponent, those guys were just fat. and some could hardly move.  I have a feeling that conditioning continues to play a huge part in their success even though you don't typically see fat guys in FBS.

This.  My cousin is married to one of their strength coaches.  It's amazing what they do and how they monitor their players for game day. They run their program like an FBS program.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

No, what I am saying is that when UND programs win, the bigger $$$ comes in from large donors.  UND has them.  NDSU...not so much.  

I don't know if that's true or not. If it is true it doesn't say much about UND, or its donors. It implies that UND donors are a bunch of front-running bandwagon jumpers and that UND's administration is passively waiting for its donors to step up. If that money's really out why doesn't UND go get it? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

I don't know if that's true or not. If it is true it doesn't say much about UND, or its donors. It implies that UND donors are a bunch of front-running bandwagon jumpers and that UND's administration is passively waiting for its donors to step up. If that money's really out why doesn't UND go get it? 

I think it says more about NDSU.  With their successes at FCS and D1, along with the population growth in the FM area, you'd think they'd be filling bank accounts and lining up architects.  

UND seems to have the facilities they need.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

If they get into a fbs conference with a enhanced tv contract and teams in the basketball tourney and such there would be money to help pay for things

I forgot the math and I'm too lazy to do it again, but given the size of the Fargodome relative to the size of Fargo when the dome was built....the Fargodome today would have to be built for 35,000ish.

....there's no doubt a new stadium is needed in Fargo, if not today, tomorrow....and they could be making a big mistake the longer they wait. 

Keep growing and winning games...all a program can do. If an FBS invite comes down the road; great, evaluate.

4 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Athletic departments like Nevada and Wyoming run $3-5 million deficits annually.  There is no way UND or NDSU could ever get away with that in this state.  FBS football for both is a pipe dream unfortunately.

Unless of course we do what Wyoming does and have one school for the entire state. Of course, I wouldn't want to have a mediocre FBS program year after year like the Cowboys have.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Unless of course we do what Wyoming does and have one school for the entire state. Of course, I wouldn't want to have a mediocre FBS program year after year like the Cowboys have.

This state doesn't even have the balls to close Mayville St which is situated right between the 2 universities you jokingly suggest combining into one.

• Upvote 1