SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

36 minutes ago, bison73 said:

After taking to a bunch of people in the know this is a great deal for NDSU. JJ should have  crafted his words differently. He made it sound worse than what it is. Granted some  of the media will have to adapt as they wont have free reign as in the past but it also wont be as restrictive as I first thought. I had a bit of knee jerk reaction that bit me in the butt this time around..

I'm sure it's good for NDSU but are they planning on clarifying anytime soon?   It's been two days of negative tweets and retweets along with print articles.  

11 hours ago, bison73 said:

After taking to a bunch of people in the know this is a great deal for NDSU. JJ should have  crafted his words differently. He made it sound worse than what it is. Granted some  of the media will have to adapt as they wont have free reign as in the past but it also wont be as restrictive as I first thought. I had a bit of knee jerk reaction that bit me in the butt this time around..

What are the odds those people "in the know" happen to work for ndsu? Because every reaction and interpretation I've seen from people who read what ndsu put out and are knowledgeable about media restrictions across the country say that as written, the are more by far more restrictive than other schools. Limiting access the way ndsu has is not common, despite what JJ might keep trying to tell himself and others. It is also not beneficial for fans, particularly those ones that aren't in Fargo.

If you're saying that ndsu printed, sent out and posted on their own website media rules that read different than what they meant, I'm calling BS and saying they are already walking back on them because of the blowback and bad press, which is possible since the contract was supposedly not signed as of a few days ago. Or their media relations is incompetent because that is the last office a mistake like that should come from. 

You also could explain what was told to you on how it's being interpreted wrong or ndsu could release the contracts to help clear it up. 

43 minutes ago, homer said:

I'm sure it's good for NDSU but are they planning on clarifying anytime soon?   It's been two days of negative tweets and retweets along with print articles.  

I sure hope so.

But they may just let this blow over as far as the general public is concerned and deal with the concerned parties personally. IMO.  Havent heard what they may do.

10 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I can't watch some notre dame football games because of moo u

Hook up an HMDI to the TV from your computer if your TV is not old.  Smart Tv's, Xbox's, PS4's should all be able to get around it as well.  If you got kids that are at the techy age, they can probably help you.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Hook up an HMDI to the TV from your computer if your TV is not old.  Smart Tv's, Xbox's, PS4's should all be able to get around it as well.  If you got kids that are at the techy age, they can probably help you.

Are you saying you can get NBC programming that our local affiliate is not carrying? Please tell us more.

11 hours ago, homer said:

But don't you understand? NDSU is a big-time intercollegiate sports campus now! They are now in the same league as Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon and USC! :silly:

I'd like them to schedule a football game vs. Alabama so they can get a painful reminder of just how small-time they really are outside of our region.

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But don't you understand? NDSU is a big-time intercollegiate sports campus now! They are now in the same league as Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon and USC! :silly:

I'd like them to schedule a football game vs. Alabama so they can get a painful reminder of just how small-time they really are outside of our region.

They are the Notre Dame of Cass County!!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Roll Tide!

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't care what they think they are or who they play.  

I'm just more confused now than before on this.  I'm enjoying the negative spin in this FU is getting all over WDAY and KFGO right now, McFeely is speaking in it right now actually (again).  I also want to understand this deal and how UND can capitalize on it which it appears they are with the headline stories on UND sports yesterday and no mention of NDSU yesterday or today.  

As a did you know in the new contract NDSU has the right to have a on air talent removed if they don't agree with the message that on air talent is spreading about NDSU.  WTF?  Fleet Farm better be stocking knee pads for the new business they may be getting.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, homer said:

As a did you know in the new contract NDSU has the right to have a on air talent removed if they don't agree with the message that on air talent is spreading about NDSU.  WTF?  Fleet Farm better be stocking knee pads for the new business they may be getting.  

I can't wait to see this contract once it is released. Why the hold up Forum Comm, FOIA that thing. They should probably also request all e-mails from JJ and ML related to the negotiations, I think it would be pretty insightful to see who demanded what...

• Upvote 1

Well now I'm more confused. 

Is the brand as big as JJ originally said or not?

Did the insiders that bison73 talked to really say this was good for NDSU and it wasn't that restrictive?  If it wasn't, why the change? 

How much does the "leniency" cost NDSU?  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, lawkota said:

Nice of Larsen to fall on his sword.  I will never believe that Bresciani was in the dark on this.

I work at UND and I can tell you from a university standpoint nothing gets signed off like this before the president ok's it. Bresciani knew exactly what was going on and is now walking this mistake back big time. Allowing his minions to fall on the sword.

• Upvote 4