SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I get a kick out of how fast FargoU fans have turned on the two guys that have been first class in covering NDSU the last 5-10 years, including a lot of kid glove treatments. They also seem to be confused about what was supposedly in Forum Communications bid. If Heitkamp is to be believed (I know, but let's just go with it), Forum Comm had a few stipulations:

1. Exclusive pre and post game access to the locker room. This isn't even close to what RFM and KVLY were originally given. Does anyone even report from the locker room currently? If they do, it's minimal and coverage for other outlets would have been affected minimally.
  2. Access to ESPN feeds. No clue why or how that is even possible, but whatever. Likely would have been excluded because I'm not sure NDSU has the ability to grant that.
  3. Amount of contract contingent on winning at least 8 games a season. Depending on what the base amount was and how much less the contract would be worth if they didn't win 8 games, I'm not even sure how big of a deal this is. If the base offer was higher than the others, then FCC is just protecting themselves because who knows how quick the bandwagon might empty if there is a poor season. Did NDSU leave money on the table because they were unsure about winning 8 games every year. Again the difference between the amounts is key to how big of a deal this is.

At least FCC put those in their proposal (again, per Heitkamp). Did RFM and KVLY even put the items they were granted in their proposal or did JJ and ML get upset and grant them after the fact? Big difference, and if NDSU was able to walk back everything that fast, I'm guessing they were being spiteful and arrogant and decided to grant the new access rules after the fact.

As bad as t looks for DB and ML, it is nearly as bad for FCC and all there involved.  FCC wanted the same protections that they were whining about.  Of course their jobs aren't in jeopardy.  Gotta wonder how long DB stays or is allowed too stay on.

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

So whats the uproar on the house about???? The article was pretty self explanatory.

That article is 7 years old. Ndsu president's house ended up around $2.5 million and still wasn't finished. Not sure, but I think the house fiasco has been brought up again because some bizun fans were saying the Forum has never given ndsu anything. Forum owner donated either $900,000 or $1 million (I've seen both numbers reported) each to UND and ndsu for the new houses. 

3 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

As bad as t looks for DB and ML, it is nearly as bad for FCC and all there involved.  FCC wanted the same protections that they were whining about.  Of course their jobs aren't in jeopardy.  Gotta wonder how long DB stays or is allowed too stay on.

As far as the bids and negotiations there is a lot of stink to go around for everyone involved.  The Dean B crap show is just that. I dont think he has any hope of continuing at NDSU and will more than likely will finish out as a lame duck pres. IMO

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bison73 said:

As far as the bids and negotiations there is a lot of stink to go around for everyone involved.  The Dean B crap show is just that. I dont think he has any hope of continuing at NDSU and will more than likely will finish out as a lame duck pres. IMO

Yes, unfortunately there seems to be lies and deceit all over this deal.  It gets nausiating

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

The only thing written about what protections FCC wanted was exclusive pre and post game locker room access (taken from Heitkamp's article). That is nowhere near the same stratosphere of the media restrictions originally put in place and then rescinded. This is the exact false assumption I was talking about. Once NDSU releases the bids (as was requested by FCC over a week ago), we'll know for sure, but I feel pretty confident that if they would have wanted the exact same thing they were complaining about, Heitkamp would have said exactly that.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

You ought to bring back Dick Hanson.  He deserved better. He has been a class act and is a solid AC guy.

6 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

You ought to bring back Dick Hanson.  He deserved better. He has been a class act and is a solid AC guy.

I cant pass judgement on Dick as he was at SU for a short time. But from what I heard he wasnt liked and he also had made some comments that a president shouldnt have made.

21 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Bresciani just lost a big past supporter as the Forum has come out with an editorial stating Bresciani should resign.

Let a war between Forum Communications vs NDSU fans commence!

I'm thinking the Forum finally got a small taste of what many have been dealing with for years. 

54 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I cant pass judgement on Dick as he was at SU for a short time. But from what I heard he wasnt liked and he also had made some comments that a president shouldnt have made.

Bresciani has recently made some statements that a president shouldn't make either.  That's what got him in all this trouble. :)

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The only thing written about what protections FCC wanted was exclusive pre and post game locker room access (taken from Heitkamp's article). That is nowhere near the same stratosphere of the media restrictions originally put in place and then rescinded. This is the exact false assumption I was talking about. Once NDSU releases the bids (as was requested by FCC over a week ago), we'll know for sure, but I feel pretty confident that if they would have wanted the exact same thing they were complaining about, Heitkamp would have said exactly that.

My take from Heitkamp's piece was the restrictions were nearly identical.  Basically Izzo and Kolpac were bitching about the same restrctions that Form Cumunications were demanding.  Then the form put in there that if the football won less than 8 games some money would have to be returned to Form Comm.  We all like to hate on mooU but I'd tell Form Comm to hit the road too.  Everyone seems greasy in this deal.  The only portion that appears to be acting appropriately out of this is KVLY.

14 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

My take from Heitkamp's piece was the restrictions were nearly identical.  Basically Izzo and Kolpac were bitching about the same restrctions that Form Cumunications were demanding.  Then the form put in there that if the football won less than 8 games some money would have to be returned to Form Comm.  We all like to hate on mooU but I'd tell Form Comm to hit the road too.  Everyone seems greasy in this deal.  The only portion that appears to be acting appropriately out of this is KVLY.

I think that's some serious extrapolating on your part when he only specifically mentions locker room access. Now he spins that as them wanting exclusive access to something when they complained about the same thing, but again, locker room access is a far cry from the original policy. Again, if it would have been exactly the same, he would have not missed a chance to drive that point home. Since he didn't, I have a pretty good feeling the exclusivity stopped at the locker room stuff.

I reviewed the proposal from FCC to Bison Athletics and three things jump out at me:

1. They demanded exclusive pregame and postgame access to the locker room. In other words, they were trying to get exactly what they complained about: exclusive access!

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

From what I understood he was there to clean up a mess and hold people accountable. A change in work environment is something that is developed over time and not in a few months. I think he came on too strong. Too bad cause I think he could've done great things at NDSU. Not sure what the comments were that he made but we all have those moments. 

56 minutes ago, bang said:

From what I understood he was there to clean up a mess and hold people accountable. A change in work environment is something that is developed over time and not in a few months. I think he came on too strong. Too bad cause I think he could've done great things at NDSU. Not sure what the comments were that he made but we all have those moments. 

As an interm pres he was there to just hold the ship together and on course until another pres was found is my understanding. If he thought he was going to accomplish all that as an interm then he may have misconstrued why he was hired or he was looking to stay on full time and wanted that feather in his hat.

Yeah sometimes we all have made statements that later we kind of go---did I really say that?:)

I always thought it would have been cool to have a former player as the pres. FYI--His brother Jon and I were teammates..

On August 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM, The Sicatoka said:

The cover-up is always worse than the original folly.

And now the Fargo Forum is calling for Bresciani to resign, not for the media access folly, but for the cover-up of his lies to the media, which is the same as lying to the public.

You would think Bresciani is smarter than to lie to someone who buys ink by the barrel. I guess not.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

As an interm pres he was there to just hold the ship together and on course until another pres was found is my understanding. If he thought he was going to accomplish all that as an interm then he may have misconstrued why he was hired or he was looking to stay on full time and wanted that feather in his hat.

Sometimes an interim is hired to clean up the previous mess and prepare the way for the successor. And many who enjoyed the mess won't like it. 

Signed,

Ed Schafer