SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

Lying to the press and throwing your AD under the bus for a decision you agreed with aren't good progress towards improving "communication and teamwork".  

Also laugh at FU fans who feel Port is on a witch hunt.  He really didn't even have to work for this story as it pretty much wrote itself.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

And now the Fargo Forum is calling for Bresciani to resign, not for the media access folly, but for the cover-up of his lies to the media, which is the same as lying to the public.

You would think Bresciani is smarter than to lie to someone who buys ink by the barrel. I guess not.

Whats crazy is he told the SBOHE exactly what they were doing. So why wouldnt you do the same with the press?

3 hours ago, homer said:

Lying to the press and throwing your AD under the bus for a decision you agreed with aren't good progress towards improving "communication and teamwork".  

Also laugh at FU fans who feel Port is on a witch hunt.  He really didn't even have to work for this story as it pretty much wrote itself.  

If you dont think fat boy and his handlers have an agenda then  you are naive.

• Downvote 3

12 hours ago, farce poobah said:

We can talk about this, and its fun, but what will get Bresciani to resign is a critical mass of large donors expressing their displeasure.  

Whoever you are, the ball is in your court.

Considering all the good hes done you would have him step down because he tried to BS the Forum over the rescinding of the media restrictions?

4 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Considering all the good hes done you would have him step down because he tried to BS the Forum over a media restrictions?

I guess I haven't paid the closest attention to what goes on at NDSU but he was already on the thin ice with the chancellor. Even if things were going well this open records dialogue gives a feel that he's not the one making the decisions and he's lacking in leadership qualities needed to run NDSU. IMO

• Upvote 1

DB has done a lot of good for NDSU and by dong so has done a lot of good for the state of ND.I wonder if all the lying and spinning is just the norm of what goes on at that level. Nobody seemed surprised that he knew much more sooner than he admitted. Is that just normal?? I am afraid that it is. The problem DB has is he was so stupid to put too much down in writing. He got caught lying! How can we now believe what he says? What else has he done behind the scenes that now come into question? He screwed up big time this time. His die hard su supporters will still support. ANYTHING that puts su in bad light will be blamed on something or someone else. It is Port's fault. Somehow, it appears it is UND's fault. I will now go read the latest in CNN, MSNBC and Fox News to get the truth on what is going on. LOL

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

If you dont think fat boy and his handlers have an agenda then  you are naive.

But he's wrote many articles about UND as well.  No one claims he has an agenda vs UND. It's against higher ed and Brescanni is making it easy for him.  

He would have been better off being out of the country and unavailable for comment.  

8 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Considering all the good hes done you would have him step down because he tried to BS the Forum over the rescinding of the media restrictions?

Well he's done enough to not have his contract renewed and be put on double secret probation,

8 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Cant argue with most of whats been posted here. I myself am just shaking my head in disbelief that something so simple has turned in to this crap show. Nobody to blame but himself.

The cover-up is always worse than the original folly.

I have zero respect for the quality of "work" Port has done over the course of his career (I'm not fond of the role of a professional critic-they create nothing, only tear down), but the number of otherwise thoughtful people calling him fat is astonishing.

That is not ok.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have zero respect for the quality of "work" Port has done over the course of his career (I'm not fond of the role of a professional critic-they create nothing, only tear down), but the number of otherwise thoughtful people calling him fat is astonishing.

That is not ok.

Oh boy, I didn't think this would turn into a teenage girls self esteem building class. Bison 73, you need to make three positive comments about Rob Port's physical features before you post here again.

Sorry, but Port with his writings and investigative work has opened himself up for ridicule. It's part of his job. If he's going to ruin people's careers with his opinions and fact findings. Being called fat should be least of his worries. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If facts can ruin a career, what kind of career is it? 

I'm not saying Port is doing anything wrong but he's putting himself out there to be ridiculed himself. I think he knows it and doesn't care if someone calls him a name. It's part of his job. You think Bresciani isn't calling him every name in the book this weekend. I'm sure he is, cause he may not have a job next weekend due to Port. 

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You blaming Port for Brescianis issues?

Sounds like a case to get rid of investigative reporting.

Bresciani's issues are created by himself. He may blame Port and call him fat. That's all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 1