SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Rule #1 for a University President: Don't Lie.

Rule #2: If your going to lie, don't record it.

Ya, to say it over a conversation is one thing, but to put it in text/email form. STUPID. He should've known guys like Port are out there and will jump all over it. Ego might've gotten the best of him here. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bang said:

Ya, to say it over a conversation is one thing, but to put it in text/email form. STUPID. He should've known guys like Port are out there and will jump all over it. Ego might've gotten the best of him here. 

They maybe should be fired for lack of intelligence.  Seriously, being out maneuvered by Port!

• Upvote 2

Does bresciana have any political background?? The way he threw Larsen under the bus indicates he has some political experience.   The internal stabbing makes me smile!!   God I love this!!!!   This happening to ndsu is music to my ears!!!   Bresciana and Larsen currently are my two favorite people.  

Well the fireworks just keep coming out of the Ag school. As someone who doesn't like the school because i'm not a NoDak native, this is downright hilarious. Loving the negative press that NDSU is getting, and loving the Fourm picking up a few UND stories so far. 

• Upvote 3

The end of the text were interesting...(IIRC) something like things have changed and they the ndsu president and ad then chatted on the phone. Wonder what happened. The ndus board president told him to get rid of the policy? I heard a few informal chats with legislators weren't happy about the policy and might have looked into doing something.

Maybe Brescani took the fall for someone else?

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

The end of the text were interesting...(IIRC) something like things have changed and they the ndsu president and ad then chatted on the phone. Wonder what happened. The ndus board president told him to get rid of the policy? I heard a few informal chats with legislators weren't happy about the policy and might have looked into doing something.

Maybe Brescani took the fall for someone else?

He didn't take the fall for anyone. He took the credit for respecting the press and threw his subordinates under the bus. 

The Port blog has been updated to include emails now. Bresciani doesn't even temper his arrogance when talking down to the chancellor. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

He didn't take the fall for anyone. He took the credit for respecting the press and threw his subordinates under the bus. 

The Port blog has been updated to include emails now. Bresciani doesn't even temper his arrogance when talking down to the chancellor. 

SBHE has to be watching this very closely - and not liking it. 

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The actual "sin" in this case (dumb media policy) wasn't even a very big deal. But the lies and failed cover-up stemming from it just shine a light on who Bresciani is and what kind of culture he fosters at ndsu. 

Unfortunately, most NDSU fans love the lies and coverups by Bresciani and Chapman that they want statues to honor their lies and deceit.  

Wished I would have thought of getting Kelley's texts by FOIA on the nickname.  Kelley was made of the same cloth.  Fortunately, we didn't worship or even esteem him.

31 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The actual "sin" in this case (dumb media policy) wasn't even a very big deal. But the lies and failed cover-up stemming from it just shine a light on who Bresciani is and what kind of culture he fosters at ndsu. 

Fundamental truism of government and politics:

The cover-up is always worse than the original folly.

So he was for the policy before he was against the policy.

And when he was against the policy he needed to "fall guy" someone for the policy he was for before he was against it.

Bresciani turned from agreeing with Larson to throwing him under the bus. I'm not sure I'd want work for a boss that behaved that way.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bresciani said he "fully supports and agrees with the business decision."

But he would never allow himself "dip down to this level of discourse" by responding to an upset alum.

Will be respond to the media now that asks him about his flip flop or is that beneath him?

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Despicable. Fargo U's administration sure missed the target on this one. I love to see this made public. 

Front page banner headline in today's (Saturday) Fargo Forum good enough? 

The follow-up email revelations didn't make Saturday's late edition. Only the texts article made it.. I'd guess the emails part of Port's story will be in Sunday's paper. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Front page banner headline in today's (Saturday) Fargo Forum good enough? 

The follow-up email revelations didn't make Saturday's late edition. Only the texts article made it.. I'd guess the emails part of Port's story will be in Sunday's paper. 

It's all a good read: 

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/columnists/4088887-port-text-messages-show-bresciani-initially-supported-restrictive-media

Sadly this a reflection of where we are as a society.  Chapman and now Bresciani have a history of lying.  The NDSU fans should demand he and Larson be fired.  Not because of their proposed media policy but because as public employees and administrators at an institution of higher education they should be held to the basic standard of honesty when it comes to dealing with the public. If we can overlook the fact the Bresciani lied and Larson was willing to throw a subordinate employee under the bus, and that Larson as AD is willing to mislead the public then why should we expect them to be honest in their other dealings?  Bresciani's disrespect for other media members and for the Forum Chair (who donated $1,000,000 to NDSU) is the epitome of arrogance and deceit.  Can NDSU supporters really defend that?  The school, community and state of North Dakota deserves better.  Had they hired Dick Hanson (former Bison FB and former interim president who did a good job of cleaning up the Chapman mess), I doubt we would have this situation.  There seems to be a pattern developing at NDSU that the end justifies the means. That is not and should never be acceptable at an institution of higher education.  It seems as long as we have success in athletics the rest is forgiven.  I guess if we can nominate presidential candidates who have repeatedly lied and made disparaging remarks to or about the mentally handicapped, police and the military and another who also can't keep his facts straight and makes disparaging remarks about women and minorities then we shouldn't expect any better from this arrogant clown. 

• Upvote 1

On August 2, 2016 at 4:22 PM, bison73 said:

Whats there to know? I have already said I didnt care for the policy. Information that came later made sense. Even with that the whole scenario was a cluster. You didnt need to be a captain obvious to figure that out. LOL  But you keep banging the drama drum.

What there is to know isn't the issue of the proposed media policy.  If that is what NDSU wants to do, that is their business.  The issue is that Bresciani threw a subordinate under the bus trying to protect himself and made disparaging remarks about local media personalities and a guy who donated $1,000,000 to NDSU, then lied to the press about his involvement and knowledge of the entire issue and decision.  I'm glad I never had to go to war with a coward like that. That is an egregious offense and he needs to resign. He has exposed himself as an arrogant clown who is willing to be untruthful to the public.  If you don't want better for NDSU then I can't understand your motives for wanting to keep this guy. There are numerous qualified candidates who would love to have the job and would serve effectively and with honor. Bresciani isn't one of them. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Sadly this a reflection of where we are as a society.  Chapman and now Bresciani have a history of lying.  The NDSU fans should demand he and Larson be fired.  Not because of their proposed media policy but because as public employees and administrators at an institution of higher education they should be held to the basic standard of honesty when it comes to dealing with the public. If we can overlook the fact the Bresciani lied and Larson was willing to throw a subordinate employee under the bus, and that Larson as AD is willing to mislead the public then why should we expect them to be honest in their other dealings?  Bresciani's disrespect for other media members and for the Forum Chair (who donated $1,000,000 to NDSU) is the epitome of arrogance and deceit.  Can NDSU supporters really defend that?  The school, community and state of North Dakota deserves better.  Had they hired Dick Hanson (former Bison FB and former interim president who did a good job of cleaning up the Chapman mess), I doubt we would have this situation.  There seems to be a pattern developing at NDSU that the end justifies the means. That is not and should never be acceptable at an institution of higher education.  It seems as long as we have success in athletics the rest is forgiven.  I guess if we can nominate presidential candidates who have repeatedly lied and made disparaging remarks to or about the mentally handicapped, police and the military and another who also can't keep his facts straight and makes disparaging remarks about women and minorities then we shouldn't expect any better from this arrogant clown. 

You're spot on. I don't believe NDSU has these problems with Hanson at the helm. He's my neighbor and I've met him several times with some charity work I've done at BSU. I don't think ND does well with administrators from outside the area. They've got a different set of values and way of doing business. Shirvani would be another example. These guys that get over educated and float around letting other people make decisions as they keep themselves at arm distance from accountability. All the while climbing the ladder. Makes me sick. These universities or all schools need hands on leaders who hold themselves and their staff accountable. 

I get a kick out of how fast FargoU fans have turned on the two guys that have been first class in covering NDSU the last 5-10 years, including a lot of kid glove treatments. They also seem to be confused about what was supposedly in Forum Communications bid. If Heitkamp is to be believed (I know, but let's just go with it), Forum Comm had a few stipulations:

1. Exclusive pre and post game access to the locker room. This isn't even close to what RFM and KVLY were originally given. Does anyone even report from the locker room currently? If they do, it's minimal and coverage for other outlets would have been affected minimally.
  2. Access to ESPN feeds. No clue why or how that is even possible, but whatever. Likely would have been excluded because I'm not sure NDSU has the ability to grant that.
  3. Amount of contract contingent on winning at least 8 games a season. Depending on what the base amount was and how much less the contract would be worth if they didn't win 8 games, I'm not even sure how big of a deal this is. If the base offer was higher than the others, then FCC is just protecting themselves because who knows how quick the bandwagon might empty if there is a poor season. Did NDSU leave money on the table because they were unsure about winning 8 games every year. Again the difference between the amounts is key to how big of a deal this is.

At least FCC put those in their proposal (again, per Heitkamp). Did RFM and KVLY even put the items they were granted in their proposal or did JJ and ML get upset and grant them after the fact? Big difference, and if NDSU was able to walk back everything that fast, I'm guessing they were being spiteful and arrogant and decided to grant the new access rules after the fact.

5 hours ago, iramurphy said:

http://www.inforum.com/content/ndsu-presidents-home-over-budget-1

Not just a Million dollar donation to ndsu, but a Million dollar donation towards the now infamous ndsu president's home... Irony at it's finest.

The William C. and Jane B. Marcil Charitable Foundation pledged $1 million each to NDSU and UND to pay for the two presidents' homes. William Marcil is publisher of The Forum and chairman and CEO of Forum Communications Co. The Marcils were not involved with how the money was spent on either home.