SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ag College weighs in.

chicofelipe

Never argue with a person who buys ink by the barrel. It was low-hanging fruit as far as a topic and and bashing the Flagship University is a popular pastime down there no matter what else is going on. By the way did I miss the article/tweet that shared what Carson had for breakfast?  

• Upvote 1

So this Jon Lipp guy felt the need to opine as a "big brother" to UND to give his concerns with those who still use the term "Fighting Sioux"............one would think he would be more concerned about whether he should apply as an assistant manager at Burger Time or Burger King when he finishes his Business Administration degree at SU.

• Upvote 3

I don't agree with this guy.   Und athletic behavior (good or bad) does not reflect on the state, it just reflects on Und.   With regard to your nickname, you have a well earned reputation as the rogue university.  I wouldn't expect that to change, you'll be chanting Fighting Sioux for the next 100 years, just because you can and you said you would.   This guys doesn't need to be worried about Und, it's not his concern.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So this Jon Lipp guy felt the need to opine as a "big brother" to UND to give his concerns with those who still use the term "Fighting Sioux"............one would think he would be more concerned about whether he should apply as an assistant manager at Burger Time or Burger King when he finishes his Business Administration degree at SU.

They told us not to major in Business Administration when I was there unless you were going to be taking over a family business or farm.  Wonder if that is his situation.

• Upvote 1

Author: Jon LippJon is a Business Administration major who apparently has too much time on his hands. Feel free to tweet him at @The_Papa_Jon to express your disgust with his opinions and humor.

Funny description of the Author.

Haha, that whole article just reads like sour grapes.

How long ago was QU the Braves?  I knew that was their former nickname (so the author lost the bet there!), but I am not sure how long since they switched to the Bobcats.  But I can guarantee you that it wasn't just within the last two years like the Sioux to Hawks transition.  These things take time, especially for a school with such a large tradition built behind that nickname.

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Haha, that whole article just reads like sour grapes.

How long ago was QU the Braves?  I knew that was their former nickname (so the author lost the bet there!), but I am not sure how long since they switched to the Bobcats.  But I can guarantee you that it wasn't just within the last two years like the Sioux to Hawks transition.  These things take time, especially for a school with such a large tradition built behind that nickname.

11 years ago. And you didn't hear the Quinnipiac fans yelling anything because they were drowned out by all the UND Fans.

• Upvote 3