SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ag College weighs in.

chicofelipe

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:07 PM, Goon said:

So, UND fans yelling Sioux at a sporting event embarrasses state more than NDSU Bison Athletes stealing from a local best buy or their students' voter registration fraud scandal.  

Or having your AD go to a park in Omaha and solicit/hit on  a male undercover prostitute.  Hey, that's nothing!

• Upvote 3

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:50 PM, ringneck28 said:

So when does a UND fan bring up the fact that when UND wins a Natty, it is against the big boys, not the second tier of the D1?  Yes it is impressive NDSU won 5 titles in a row, but it is not an all inclusive tourney for D1?  So it is comparing apples and oranges.  Granted UND has not won 5 in a row, but NDSU hasn't played a Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Boston College, I think you get the point, in a tournament either.  

Plus at lower tier div 1-AA ftbl they get to play the first 2 or 3 games (hey, tip of my cap to ndsu for earning that right) at home and then play the final on a neutral field.  Top tier div 1-A hockey doesn't operate that way.

• Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, GreenWing said:

Serious question, are there any D2 or D3 schools with FCS football teams, similar to hockey? I know there's a lot of small Eastern schools with successful FCS football programs like there are in D1 hockey.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can be a D2 or D3 school and be lower tier D1-AA/FCS in ftbl (unlike in hockey, e.g. UND prior to 2008).  To play D1-AA ftbl you have to move your other sports up to D1-A I believe.

33 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Or having your AD go to a park in Omaha and solicit/hit on  a male undercover prostitute.  Hey, that's nothing!

Obviously a very bad hire. When an AD goes up the football coach and tells him to back off and not to score anymore(against UND) something just isnt right in his head.  :lol:

34 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Obviously a very bad hire. When an AD goes up the football coach and tells him to back off and not to score anymore(against UND) something just isnt right in his head.  :lol:

Best part was Rocky Hager wound up coaching a high school team....HAHAHAHHHAHHHAAHAAA!! (and didn't even succeed at that!)

TV Ratings

The facts cannot be ignored. The 2015-16 FCS National Championship football game had more national TV viewers than ALL 3 games of the 2016 Frozen Four college hockey  tournament.

Frozen Four TV Ratings
UND/Denver 361K
BC/Quin 138

UND/Quin 541K
Total 1.04M

FCS TV Ratings
NDSU/Jack St. 1.40M

8 minutes ago, Jamestown said:

TV Ratings

The facts cannot be ignored. The 2015-16 FCS National Championship football game had more national TV viewers than ALL 3 games of the 2016 Frozen Four college hockey  tournament.

Frozen Four TV Ratings
UND/Denver 361K
BC/Quin 138

UND/Quin 541K
Total 1.04M

FCS TV Ratings
NDSU/Jack St. 1.40M

Surprising that the hockey championship was that high as it was on the deuce and Stephon Curry was on the main channel.  ESPN must be very happy and surprised.

The lone football game on ESPN should crack 2 mill just with TV zombies.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jamestown said:

TV Ratings

Frozen Four TV Ratings
UND/Denver 361K
BC/Quin 138

UND/Quin 541K
Total 1.04M

FCS TV Ratings
NDSU/Jack St. 1.40M

Really comparable situations too.   Time if year, competition on ESPN :silly:

#butratings

7 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Best part was Rocky Hager wound up coaching a high school team....HAHAHAHHHAHHHAAHAAA!! (and didn't even succeed at that!)

Hm, I actually emailed him a couple of years ago to get my dad a signed photo for Christmas(they are both Harvey guys), and he was coaching at a college in New Jersey.  Got a very warm welcome into the dome about ten or so years ago while coaching Northeastern.  His wikipedia page shows a two year gap in employment in 2010-2011 where I suppose he could have maybe coached some high school ball? 

6 hours ago, Jamestown said:

TV Ratings

Frozen Four TV Ratings
UND/Denver 361K
BC/Quin 138

UND/Quin 541K
Total 1.04M

FCS TV Ratings
NDSU/Jack St. 1.40M

I've seen this used before. What I'd like to know though is this number of viewers for hockey, or households? When a Bison fan threw this at me before, I looked into it because I had a hard time believing it, and it turned out that comment hockey was reported by number of households, which equates to about a 2.4 multiple if you compare household to viewership. This could have changed, but if it hasn't, that puts the hockey national championship around a 1.3M rating. Not a lot of difference.

6 hours ago, Jamestown said:

TV Ratings

Frozen Four TV Ratings
UND/Denver 361K
BC/Quin 138

UND/Quin 541K
Total 1.04M

FCS TV Ratings
NDSU/Jack St. 1.40M

Actually, what cannot be ignored is how butt hurt you are, having to share the championship spotlight with UND.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, MuggsyGobes said:

The worst part is this clown has generated 4 pages worth of messages on our board. Probably exactly what he wanted. Let's let fools be fools. Hockey anyone?

The PC police go absolutely apesh*t when you do not cower down to their demands. I saw the Sioux Forever chant as a giant FU to the NCCA and PC police from the UND fans. Apparently this clown did get the message and is furious about it.

• Upvote 2

On April 16, 2016 at 7:34 PM, ILiketheSiouxYeah said:

Isn't it just Grand to watch all these poor sports crawl out of the weeds with their opinions on UND, to make themselves feel better, because right now, it really hurts. It feels really good over on this side, impervious to the dialogue. REAL Sioux fans know, it's not about the name, its the history and tradition of it. Take the name away, but you can't take away what it stood for. Chanting, Sioux forever, at the end of that game was just an epic way to end the year and show the country why we're the cream of the crop. NDSU is tops in FCS football in terms of fan following, so good on them, imagine if they were subject to a name change, they would react exactly the same, we're all North Dakotans and proud of our boys, and the history they've written. 

I can't put it any better than this so I won't try <slow clap>