SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

6 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

#neverdoubtschloss:lol:

I am beginning to wonder if we need to prepare ourselves for the day Marilyn Hagerty retires from the GF Herald.  With his travel blogs for trips to Madison Square Garden and Union, Schloss might be in line to be her replacement!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Siouxman said:

I am beginning to wonder if we need to prepare ourselves for the day Marilyn Hagerty retires from the GF Herald.  With his travel blogs for trips to Madison Square Garden and Union, Schloss might be in line to be her replacement!

Seriously?  100 unique sports bars you cannot find outside of NYC within walking distance of MSG, and he stops at BWW!:D

• Upvote 2

On 1/12/2017 at 0:41 PM, Siouxman said:

I'm just hoping we can keep him away from the big time papers in other cities.  We're damn lucky to have his coverage.

To quote Aaron Rodgers,,,"Relax"

No one thought this team was going to not miss a beat and just keep rolling with the seniors we lost and the 5 early departures.....if you did, you need to put down the kool aid and take off the Kelly colored glasses.

This is still a team capable of making the tournament and this season shapes up as very similar to the Yale or Providence title seasons where matchups and style of play can be huge because there isn't a dominate team. A chip and a chair and chance will likely hold true this season. Even if a team emerges, maybe someone else does the heavy lifting for you....see UMD, 2011.(UMD knocks off the #2(Union) and #1(Yale) regional seeds, #1 seed Miami gets taken out by #4 UNH who loses to #3 Notre Dame, #1 BC gets smoked by CC who loses to Michigan and then Michigan sits on a stack of horseshoes and pulls a 1 in 10 win against UND and UMD wins the title.

I believe if UND makes it to regional in Fargo anything can happen. Probably won't be able to avoid UMD and DU but Cam is capable of stealing a game. Extra TV timeouts let Berry shorten bench, get everyone health again and in hockey shape and roll Boeser, Gersich, and Jost. Run Gardner with Poganski, and JJ. Tell the other 2 lines they are not to get scored on. Early in the year, even when struggling we were controlling play 5 on 5. Need Ausmus to step up, T Poolman might have to jump in a little more often and Wolanin as well.

I ain't giving up on this team.....not that I ever would.

If we falter and don't make it.....it's been a hell of a run for UND fans. We are spoiled and that is O.K.

Sweep CC, Sweep Omaha, split the remaining games, win the playoff series and that should about wrap it up for a berth.

• Upvote 1

This is a quote that the coaching staff should show every potential recruit.

Brad E. Schlossman‏@SchlossmanGF 2h2 hours ago

Jonathan Toews told me to tell the UND players to enjoy what they have at The Ralph because they're not going to have it at the next level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

This is a quote that the coaching staff should show every potential recruit.

Brad E. Schlossman‏@SchlossmanGF 2h2 hours ago

Jonathan Toews told me to tell the UND players to enjoy what they have at The Ralph because they're not going to have it at the next level.

I suspect this was reaffirmed to him when Nick Schmaltz showed up and they started with the 'member berries. ;)

" 'Member having a walk-in humidor for our sticks? And 'member when we had card keys to our home rink? And 'member the underwater rehab treadmill ... "

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I suspect this was reaffirmed to him when Nick Schmaltz showed up and they started with the 'member berries. ;)

" 'Member having a walk-in humidor for our sticks? And 'member when we had card keys to our home rink? And 'member the underwater rehab treadmill ... "

"I 'member"