SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Northeastern // Mich vs. Notre Dame

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have a buddy that is an NU fan. They have pretty much penciled it in the win column. From what I saw this past weekend, they looked pretty fast and relied a lot on their top line. PK looked very weak. Hopefully our PP can get it going.

It seems that most in the Eastern part of the US already have.  That's fine. 
I think it should be a good game.  It'd be nice if UND came out firing on all cylinders and shut them up promptly.  :)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

There will just be two of us at that point I believe.  We are the only two flying...everyone else is driving.  Vegas_Sioux and I are flying down and meeting his family down there.

So you need a ride from Bloomington back to downtown St Paul after the game is over?

Check your PM's.

Everybody in this tourney has earned the right to be here.  Lots of 4 seeds have been knocking off 1 seeds the past several years.  Gotta play our game, not theirs, and we gotta capitalize.  It would be nice if a couple guys could get really hot...especially Cam...then we gotta get the bounces...and have to play right on the edge without going over...I hate to say it, but the refs will be a factor...but only if we let them.

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have a buddy that is an NU fan. They have pretty much penciled it in the win column. From what I saw this past weekend, they looked pretty fast and relied a lot on their top line. PK looked very weak. Hopefully our PP can get it going.

I love it! Somehow we've become the underdog. Bring it, puppies.

• Upvote 1

Man, reading the comments on the USCHO articles, the Hockey East backers are extremely confident/cocky.
Some are saying that it will be an all-HEA F4 and dismissing the fact that the NCHC had 6 teams in last year but didn't end up winning the title.

It's ridiculous.
Here's hoping that UND, Denver, Michigan, Yale, Duluth, and Harvard can shut them all up on round one.
I'm liking the chances of at least 3-4 of them going down in the first round.
I think BC or UMass has the best chance of the HEA teams at advancing out of their regions...but hopefully the majority of the rest perish in the opening game.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

At least Northeastern will have to take a flight unlike a lot of those other Hockey Easters.

BC has been pretty dominate at Worcester lately: 12-1 in their last 13 games there.

Notre Dame as well with a flight.
Yeah, I saw that stat too on BC...pretty crazy.

I'm interested to see how UMD and DU do in their 1st round games against Prov and BU as well.  I haven't seen either Prov or BU play yet this year, so not sure what to expect against two very strong NCHC teams that are both playing well.  If BU makes it out of their bracket, they'll have earned it by beating two of NCHC's best (assuming SCSU gets past FSU).

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Notre Dame as well with a flight.
Yeah, I saw that stat too on BC...pretty crazy.

I'm interested to see how UMD and DU do in their 1st round games against Prov and BU as well.  I haven't seen either Prov or BU play yet this year, so not sure what to expect against two very strong NCHC teams that are both playing well.  If BU makes it out of their bracket, they'll have earned it by beating two of NCHC's best (assuming SCSU gets past FSU).

Notre Dame is going to fly to Cincinnati?  

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

All comes down to Cam Johnson in my opinion. If he keeps the softies out then this team wins and moves on to another game. The Sioux will put up 4 goals I believe and that should be enough. Hopefully it is.

Last night my Dad and I were talking about the games this weekend and he said the exact same thing. If Cam plays to his potential the odds are in our favor.

In the mean time let the east coast media and fans talk a big game. The letdown will be that much sweeter.