SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Agreed. I think he was snubbed big time for certain awards & invites. Lotta people clearly missed his film from this season 

Will consistently happen while sharing the conference with the boneheads of Fargo (ag school) … need to start beating those suckers 

On 3/16/2023 at 11:15 AM, gundy1124 said:

Tests like Tarzan, played.........

There’s always a couple NFL clubs who focus on off-season players basically running in pajamas rather than the actual in-game footage… 

same goes for recruiting high school athletes …

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There’s always a couple NFL clubs who focus on off-season players basically running in pajamas rather than the actual in-game footage… 

same goes for recruiting high school athletes …

I’d be curious as to why you believe that about NFL teams. Each NFL club spends millions to evaluate potential players. They watch lots of film over years to evaluate not only ability but potential. They will know before spending millions on a player how well these numbers transfer to game speed and quickness etc. If you would have commented that there are media people who focus on off season numbers I might agree.  
The better college programs watch film and often will also watch them in their other sports. We used to watch how well potential recruits moved their feet playing BB. One of the reasons colleges want to get potential recruits to their camps is to see if their reported strength, speed and stats are accurate and how they stack up against other recruits. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I’d be curious as to why you believe that about NFL teams. Each NFL club spends millions to evaluate potential players. They watch lots of film over years to evaluate not only ability but potential. They will know before spending millions on a player how well these numbers transfer to game speed and quickness etc. If you would have commented that there are media people who focus on off season numbers I might agree.  
The better college programs watch film and often will also watch them in their other sports. We used to watch how well potential recruits moved their feet playing BB. One of the reasons colleges want to get potential recruits to their camps is to see if their reported strength, speed and stats are accurate and how they stack up against other recruits. 

History