SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

On 9/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like Otis found a landing spot in Oakland, CA.  Not sure what this school is, but they play a mix of NAIA, D2, and D1 universities, including Portland State, St. Thomas, and Southern Utah this year.

quote "That would be 144 yards on 48 carries!!"   - smok'n Joe Protheroe, God of the 3 yard carry.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

quote "That would be 144 yards on 48 carries!!"   - smok'n Joe Protheroe, God of the 3 yard carry.

Based on his stats through 3 or 4 games this year, that's not too far off.
Either he's really fallen off or his O-Line leaves a lot to be desired.
Oh well I guess.

Also, a bit odd he still isn't listed on their roster.
https://athletics.lincolnuca.edu/team/lu-oaklanders/roster/

On 9/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

I believe in second chances, not sure any school would ever give him one but good for him.

I think the fact that he didn't have to go through a trial for sexual assault should be considered second chance enough.  I'm a big "innocent until proven guilty" guy...but I also have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior.  The guy fit one good season into a sandwich of off the field issues...football obviously wasn't a priority, and playing the game is a privilege, not a right.  I'm sad that a school would take a flyer on a guy with that kind of MO...but like the tweet author said...it doesn't surprise me that someone would.

14 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I think the fact that he didn't have to go through a trial for sexual assault should be considered second chance enough.  I'm a big "innocent until proven guilty" guy...but I also have zero tolerance for that kind of behavior.  The guy fit one good season into a sandwich of off the field issues...football obviously wasn't a priority, and playing the game is a privilege, not a right.  I'm sad that a school would take a flyer on a guy with that kind of MO...but like the tweet author said...it doesn't surprise me that someone would.

His baggage is nothing from what some coaches have buried before. If a guy can ball some coaches will turn a blind eye to just about anything. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

His baggage is nothing from what some coaches have buried before. If a guy can ball some coaches will turn a blind eye to just about anything. 

Unfortunately, that happens in many areas of life, not just athletics.

I might add that many times “personal relationships” are involved.

22 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well if we are routinely burying more significant baggage than what Otis brought to the table...then we better win more!  There...I said it...haha!

On 9/20/2022 at 10:06 AM, UND08 said:

Well said! It is unbelievable that a school would knowingly put all their female students in danger just to potentially win a few more football games. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...