SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

11 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

he is a special talent that was easy to spot - even in the spring game after his freshman year.  

I still think he would have been OK.

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

NIU's offense is a run-first spread.  More contemporary look but certainly nothing like he was playing in at UND.  

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

He had already improved from year one to year 2.  So yes, I believe that he would have continued to develop. 

The first 2 years were under Muss.  I was asking if you believe he would've developed under Rudy.  I think he would've become a good blocker under Rudy, so that's something I guess.

23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The first 2 years were under Muss.  I was asking if you believe he would've developed under Rudy.  I think he would've become a good blocker under Rudy, so that's something I guess.

I do think he would have. Danny has the receivers. 

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Gasp, he encouraged Kenny to do what’s best for his career? How dare he.

I stated a fact. Of course you didn't like it and added stupidity.  

To add to that, how would Muss know exactly what kind of offense UND would have. He could guess based on history of Rudy but wouldn't know everything entailed.  He was just bitter and selling out the program for firing him due to his own ineptness.  

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

To add to that, how would Muss know exactly what kind of offense UND would have. He could guess based on history of Rudy but wouldn't know everything entailed.  He was just bitter and selling out the program for firing him due to his own ineptness.  

He wouldn’t know that. But he would know that Kenny proved himself as an FBS level talent. Muss couldn't have predicted wether or not the football program would be taken more seriously and given a more legit budget with its next coach. I selfishly wanted Kenny to stay at UND and tear it up for another 2 years but that probably wasn’t in his best interest. Things have worked out well for him obviously so I can’t say it was a mistake for Muss to help him find a new home. I don’t buy that it was done with malice against UND.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He wouldn’t know that. But he would know that Kenny proved himself as an FBS level talent. Muss couldn't have predicted wether or not the football program would be taken more seriously and given a more legit budget with its next coach. I selfishly wanted Kenny to stay at UND and tear it up for another 2 years but that probably wasn’t in his best interest. Things have worked out well for him obviously so I can’t say it was a mistake for Muss to help him find a new home. I don’t buy that it was done with malice against UND.

I honestly think it was Kenny's chance to go back home and play in front of his family and I certainly don't fault him for it.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I think Kenny left before Bubba was hired so Rudy wouldn't have even been in play.

Edited by Siouxperman8

On 12/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, bincitysioux said:

I never knew Mussman was actively shopping Golladay around to another program after he got axed.  That pisses me off.

What I've read previously is that Golladay was disappointed that Mussman got fired. He was really only here because of Mussman so he asked him for his help to transfer and Mussman did so. It's unfortunate but I don't really blame either of them. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Mason is staying with my wife and I in the Twin Cities while he works out for 10 weeks preparing for his pro day. He's on a comprehensive program of strength, agility, stretching and nutrition and is at the training facility 6 days a week. He's been great - and ridiculously easy - to have around. Working hard, absolutely committed to his goal, and I've enjoyed bringing him to/from the facility when I can. He's been nothing but gracious and appreciative. We are glad he's here. If hard work and dedication are enough to get a guy to the NFL - he's in for sure!

I would love to see Mason in purple.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...