SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

They list Santiago from South Dakota. 

On the pool of players entering the draft they have Cieslak from NDSU. 

Additional proof the XFL won't exist in 3 years.  Hopefully a couple of our guys can use it as a springboard in the meantime though.

• Upvote 1

No one in the national media has trouble distinguishing Michigan from MSU, Arizona from ASU, Florida from Florida State. I've never understood why differentiating UND from NDSU is such a challenge. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TBR said:

No one in the national media has trouble distinguishing Michigan from MSU, Arizona from ASU, Florida from Florida State. I've never understood why differentiating UND from NDSU is such a challenge. 

Here in Germany, I went to a game last week with my Sioux jersey on and was asked about the Notre Dame sigh-ux.

UND isn't top tier and even with a deep run into the Final Four in basketball still won't be a household name, or barely recognizable. Although, the f'n hawks logo sure stands out among other logos when displayed in a bracket.

3 hours ago, TBR said:

Neither UND nor NDSU have 5% the national recognition as any of those other school.  I doubt many SEC fans could differentiate South Dakota from South Dakota State either.

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

To distinguish one first has to care.

Well yeah, there is that. But some people that are paid to care still don't.  IIRC the NCAA sent a trophy intended for NDSU to Grand Forks just a few years ago.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...