SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It says in the article that there is no way Missouri St. could have known about the sexual assault charge.  I call BS.  If that was the case, why were they the only ones that made an offer?  It's not like Otis had some nagging injury.  He is still a great running back that would be a great pickup for many teams.  And No other team offered?  I say  Missouri St coaches knew.  They just didn't think this would come out since he transferred.  

I cannot imagine that they would have known. We are stocked at RB and are primed for a run at a title, why would our president, AD, or Coach Petrino take on a potential media headache for a relatively small gain? Doesn't make sense to me.

2 hours ago, Msmith said:

Are you seriously posting this? People like you are the reason more females do not report sexual assault. Shame on you! 

What the actual !@#$? What strange fantasy world do you live in? Crazy women have been making all sorts of things up to tarnish the reputation of men for basically all of human history. Believe all women is bull$%!# and possesses the intellectual legitimacy of flat earth. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

I cannot imagine that they would have known. We are stocked at RB and are primed for a run at a title, why would our president, AD, or Coach Petrino take on a potential media headache for a relatively small gain? Doesn't make sense to me.

They never called UND if you can believe that. Embarrassing. Then didn't look into it on their own either.  

39 minutes ago, Da Bears said:

I think it's called "plausible denial."

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They never called UND if you can believe that. Embarrassing. Then didn't look into it on their own either.  

With respect to Title IX and federal law, I am not sure what UND could officially disclose. They would be very limited when you factor in FERPA as well.

In the end, he was never officially announced as a Bear, never played nor practiced for the school, I don't see how an unbiased viewer can think less of Missouri State through this entire ordeal.

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If they are proven false, I could see someone making an offer.  Somebody's life/career shouldn't be drastically affected or ruined if false allegations are made. To make it clear I'm talking in general, I'm not defending Weah or anything as I have no idea as to what happened and I'm not saying the allegations are false. 

He was found guilty in his title IX hearing. That is a federal law that lays out how colleges should handle sexual assault accusations. He maybe could appeal but he has already been found guilty once. 

2 hours ago, Da Bears said:

With respect to Title IX and federal law, I am not sure what UND could officially disclose. They would be very limited when you factor in FERPA as well.

In the end, he was never officially announced as a Bear, never played nor practiced for the school, I don't see how an unbiased viewer can think less of Missouri State through this entire ordeal.

So do Mope State coaches live under a log? You could have easily learned what was going on with Otis by putting in little effort. What does that say about your program???? 

6 hours ago, UND08 said:

I get that...I do...but I don't really like it.  If there's enough evidence for an indictment, it should be handled in the justice system.  It's a criminal act...not an academic infraction.  

It’s called Title IX. She didn’t pursue criminal charges because she did not want her name in the public. Right or wrong that’s the federal law.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He was found guilty in his title IX hearing. That is a federal law that lays out how colleges should handle sexual assault accusations. He maybe could appeal but he has already been found guilty once. 

If you are found guilty, yeah that is another thing.  The one article said 'allegations', so my comment was in reference to allegations.  I guess I missed the post, link or whatever about him being found guilty. 

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I hope I can speak for all UND fans and hope he turns his life around. Which would include remorse for the assault.

For all involved I pray for the best.  Football is minimal.  Pain for all involved need pray.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

If you are found guilty, yeah that is another thing.  The one article said 'allegations', so my comment was in reference to allegations.  I guess I missed the post, link or whatever about him being found guilty. 

It was a Title IX hearing that he was found guilty in, not a criminal hearing. That’s how he got suspended for 5 years from UND. They can’t give you that kind of punishment for nothing.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It was a Title IX hearing that he was found guilty in, not a criminal hearing. That’s how he got suspended for 5 years from UND. They can’t give you that kind of punishment for nothing.

Wellllll?

Unfortunately there are more and more cases like this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/09/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-campus-rape-policy/538974/

Not saying this has anything to do with Otis's incident(s), but the reality is, if you are male and accused you will have to find another place to go to school.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So do Mope State coaches live under a log? You could have easily learned what was going on with Otis by putting in little effort. What does that say about your program???? 

If that's the case then Tom Miller should do his job.

6 hours ago, petey23 said:

Wellllll?

Unfortunately there are more and more cases like this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/09/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-campus-rape-policy/538974/

Not saying this has anything to do with Otis's incident(s), but the reality is, if you are male and accused you will have to find another place to go to school.

Well, I can tell you rape is a devastating experience that changes a woman’s life. I can also tell you women claim rape for many reasons….very sad to have to say this.

I read the whole article and any young woman who does not want sex, says so, and then stays and completes a BJ ….was violated? He did not have sex and she STAYED and continued.

people are sue happy for any reason….

Sorry about Otis but a public university would not ban a student for no reason….IMHO.  I hope he turns his life around. Sounds like UND/Bubba gave him every opportunity. And hats off to Bubba for keeping his mouth shut. I wonder how much the AD helped or intervened; if he did not he should have.. No wonder there was bad karma at the USD game. What a burden for ALL of the coaching staff.

Waiting for 2022…ticket for Nebraska game. Do they have golf cart shuttles from the parking lot if I do not buy $46 to $94 parking passes?

16 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Mssmith had it right all along. 

But with no substantiation. Things (rumors approaching slander/libel) put the forum at risk. 

Now that there's a media report that is being discussed, fire away. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Da Bears said:

Maybe the scholarship offer and the subsequent withdrawal after due dilligence. 

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He was found guilty in his title IX hearing. 

Nit-picking, but is that the correct term? Guilty normally refers to a court finding. Those Title IX hearings are not the same as a court of law. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You mean a mid-semester ejection from a university is telltale? Whodathunkit. 

There is an actual question on the paperwork that addresses this scenario.  AD compliance officers worth their salt would not miss it. 

• Upvote 2