SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

On 8/13/2016 at 11:24 AM, The Sicatoka said:

OK, so let me get this straight:

Years ago John Buccigross puts out hats that say "Cawlidge Hawkey" and they are like way so cooooool

So, seeing that, and the number of college hockey fans that scooped them up, Adidas plays off that with the new nickname and they are like way so baaaaaad? 

That's clever once in an email to your friends, or a one-time tweet. And then it's just dumb.  Has always grated on me.

On 8/13/2016 at 6:26 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

I wasn't there. But this was sent to me by someone who was. 

image.jpeg

Still not a huge fan of the logo but works ok on that shirt.  I'd actually wear that.

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm sorry, but this hat looks AWFUL.  If I wasn't a fan of the school or the team, I'd have NO CLUE what the green "letters" are supposed to be.  

agreed...that looks horrible no ways about it...can someone show me a black hat with just the white hawk head logo minus the nd...probably would look pretty decent.

15 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm sorry, but this hat looks AWFUL.  If I wasn't a fan of the school or the team, I'd have NO CLUE what the green "letters" are supposed to be.  

That might be the WORST hat ever.  unreal that ever made it to the shelves.

14 hours ago, Hayduke said:

image.jpeg

This one.... I like.  I'd buy it.

Not sure I'd wear it, but it's actually not bad.  Then again, i'm just not a big hat guy....

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed...that looks horrible no ways about it...can someone show me a black hat with just the white hawk head logo minus the nd...probably would look pretty decent.

You can probly get one of those in any gift store in Minnesota. Wouldn't that be defeating the purpose of the new logo, then no one outside of Grand Forks or Fargo would know where it's from. It would just be another hat with a bird head on it.

Thick embroidery on hats never looks good.  This is no different.  There is going to be good stuff and bad looking stuff.  There was Sioux merch that looked pretty crappy as well.  It happens.  There has been some good looking Fighting Hawks merchandise out there as well.  But of course there will be people that will say everything is ugly to justify their belief that the logo is horrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1